Vice-President of the Association of independent ***** of ***** , Deputy Director in Charge of strategy, corporate governance and business development at Millennium Capital LLC, PhD
Alexandra has over 15-years experience of work in leading positions in finance management and over 6 years of experience in the field of corporate governance and work of Independent Director at Boards of ***** of companies of different sectors of economy. She managed many IPO and M&A preparation and execution projects. Alexandra is an acting VP of the Association of Independent ***** of ***** and NED and corporate governance expert in several Ukrainian companies (investment and strategy consulting, diary and meat products, agriculture, O&G). Alexandra managed corporate governance, risk management, internal audit and control, financial management implementation projects, IPO and operational effectiveness readiness assessments for the major industrial-financial groups of ***** and companies-leaders of different sectors of economy (food and beverages, FMCG, O&G, agriculture, agricultural machinery, aluminum production, sugar production, media, marine ports and container terminals operations and stevedoring business).
Alexandra managed financial due diligence projects and IPO preparation projects in the position of Transaction Services/IPO Director at Ernst and Young ***** , worked as a Corporate Governance and Managerial Audit Director at Interpipe’s (EastOne) HQs, managed group of experts at EU project “Facilitation of Financial Management at Seected Medium and Large Enterprises (Obolon – beer production, Kievmedpreparat/ Arterium Group of pharmaceutical products, Blitz-Inform (media and publishing business) and other companies. She also worked as CFO at the Odessa Marine Port (joint venture with the multinational corporation Ceres Terminals Inc headquartered in New Jersey, USA). Alexandra graduated from the Odessa Economic University (Master’s Diploma Magnum Cum Laude), Odessa State University (Master’s Diploma Magnum Cum Laude and PhD in German group of languages). She is fluent in English, German and Ukrainian (Russian – mother tongue), has a basic knowledge of French and Greek.
Alexandra is interested in finding exciting business opportunities in the field of corporate governance (work in the role of Independent Director at Board of ***** /BODs) and business development opportunities. She has an experience of bringing foreign investor in ***** and organizing work of the company “from scratch”. She is also interested in greeting more new members and partners to the Association of Independent (Non-Executive) ***** of ***** , the main goal of which is developing corporate governance and uniting professionals who are willing to participate in Association’s activities (round tables, researches, publications, seminars etc. ) and to serve as independent ***** at the BODs.
• 09.2011 - present Loture Agro, CEO deputy
• Departments under supervision: strategy, investments, finances and accounting, corporate governance, CSR, IPO preparation project
• 07.*****.2011 Millenium Capital, Management-consultant, development and implementation of financial management systems, controlling, planning and budgeting, corporate governance system.
-organization of start-up Oil and Gaz joint activity company (consulting on financial structure, organizational structure of financial department, joint activity agreement, executive resume for external financing and control of financial model elaboration).
- consultancy on financial model, operational structure, internal audit structure and corporate governance for food production holding
- financial management system strengthening projects (companies of different sectors)
• 02.*****.2009 Head Quarters of Terra-food Group (Dairy, meat products production, Agricultural companies). Director ( Audit, Risk-Management and Corporate Governance) and Adviser to the owner of the Group
• Taking part in the company’s strategy development
• Оptimization of internal resources of the company (organizational restructuring including legal/ownership/organizational structure, BPs, headcount optimization)
• Corporate Governance System development (Group Matrix of Responsibility, changes to Charters etc.)
• Risk Management System Development (Risks Register, Risks Charter, Risks Monitoring System by risks owners)
• Internal Control System Development (KPIs, BPs, managerial reporting system).
• External financing attraction (funds, SEs)
• Work with Internal auditors (Big Four)
10.*****.2009 Ernst and Young, Director, Transaction Advisory dept. Management of projects:
• Optimization aimed at the main KPIs improvement and attraction of external resources
• Preparation of companies for IPO and Private placement (IPO Readiness assessment, work improvement advisory, investment bank selection assistance, negotiations with investment banks and stock exchanges)
• Due-diligence aimed at M&A. Sectors: food production, agriculture, marine and stevedoring business, oil and gas.
09.*****.2007 Interpipe Head Quarters (East One). Director of Management audit and Corporate Governance.
• Internal Control and Management Accounting System creation and supervision for HQ
• Management audits at Group’s businesses
• Management of optimization projects (media, pipe and wheel, agricultural machinery, aluminum e.a.)
06.*****.2003 CFO and Seniour Finance expert at EU project “Finance management implementation at selected large companies” (Obolon, Kievmedpreparat, Zaporozhtransformator, Blitz-Inform, Vozko).
• Internal Control, Budgeting and planning, Managerial accounting, KPIs (early warning indicators for top management) systems implementation
• MIS implementation
05.*****.2000 CFO. Odessa Sea Port, Ukrainian branch of multination corporation (world leader in stevedoring business) Ceres Terminals Inc.
• Management of financial dept., creation of its work “from scratch”
• Taking part in the Group’s Strategy creation in *****
• External financing attraction, strategic planning, VIP clients negotiation
• Internal and external audits (both Big Four and governmental audits)
• Creation and development of the EU Monitoring Unit
• Restructuring of Agro-Sector in Odessa Oblast (including creation of the new supermarkets and organization of their work as per best European practice)
• Guest lecturer at MIB (International Institute of Business) –Courses in Finance, Operational Performance
Education:Odessa State Economics University, accounting and audit faculty, Magister Diploma with Honours, 1998
Odessa State National University, Roman-German philology faculty, Diploma with Honours, 1994, PhD, 1997
MBA, Bath College, 1997
The Swedish Institute Management Program, 2011
VP and co-founder of Association of Independent ***** of *****
Series of articles (Finance Management, Internal Control, Balanced Scorecard, Corporate Governance) in magazines: General Director, Financial Director, HR Director, FAS, Adam Smith and E&Y booklets e.a. Some links to the articles and reports at conferences and summits:
1. Input of an adequate corporate governance system into company’s value creation // General Director. – 2006. - №12
http://*****.ua/finance/fin127.html, http://brigantina.ucoz.com/publ/*****. Understand the terminology, respect the interests and see where the value is // General Director.—2006. — №40. — С. 62—67 http://director.com.ua/nomer/*****. Corporate Governance – a legal demand or a competitive advantage // General Director.—2006. — №11. — С. 22—26 http://director.com.ua/nomer/*****. There is such a profession: corporate secretary // Company’s secretary № ***** http://secretar.com.ua/modules/tinycontent/index.php?id=*****. Сorporate governance as a basis for quality of control at an enterprise //Financial Director,—2010. —№ 5-6 http://*****.ua/?rub=tema
6. The role of a proper corporate governance system in decreasing risks of the owners and potential investors http://www.rrms.ru/files/upload/Marketing.pdf
7. Elaboration and implementation of the panel of key indicators as an element of a KPIs system (based on the examples of Ukrainian and German companies) http://www.cfin.ru/management/practice/supremum2003/
8. When the money do not like silence. Due to the crisis foreign investors started to select target companies with more care (commentary on the IR department in the IPO preparation process). // Stock Exchange Comminity.
9. Forecasts are not optimistic // Companion, 2007 г., December, http://*****panion.ua/Articles/Content/?Id=*****&Callback=0
10. Governance bodies and their role in the creation of effective control environment of a company // General Director. – 2010. September
11. Corporate governance as a central element of anti-fraud activity //Financial Director,—2010, December
12. Implementation of corporate governance as a central element of efficient control environment in a company // Financial Director. – 2011. March
13. IPO Readiness Assessment – a step to increase operational efficiency and value of your business activity //Financial Director,—2011, April (part 1), May (part 2)
14. Financial crimes – expensive business, and not just in movies (in co-authorship with Helena Sunden, CEO at Global Advice Network Sweden AB) // Financial Director. – 2011. July
- Over 15 years of PM experience at companies-industry leaders (different sectors of economy);
- Portfolio of managed projects – over USD 35 million;
- Taking part in Project Management Office establishment and development at Interpipe Group;
- Member of the Supervisory Board of optimization projects at Interpipe Group;
- Advisor responsible for optimization projects to the Owners (Ceres-Terminals Inc (#2 world leader in stevedoring and Port operations), Terra-Food (FMCG and agriculture);
- International experience (GB, Germany, USA);
- Expertise in different sectors of economy;
- Project tools developed during projects’ work;
- All projects successfully implemented in line with the Projects’ Tasks and clients’ expectations.
The main projects managed:
• Implementation of KPIs system and development of financial accounting software at Obolon (beer production)
• Implementation of CO (Controlling) module (SAP/R3) at Blitz-Inform (3 plants, media group, publishing house, Business magazine e.a.)
• Implementation of financial planning and logistics module on 1-S platform (Kievmedpreparat)
• Оptimization of internal resources of the company: organizational restructuring including legal/ownership/organizational structure, BPs, headcount optimization (Terra-Food, Interpipe Group)
• Corporate Governance System development (Group Matrix of Responsibility for all levels of management, changes to Charters, job descriptions; set up of work of the Audit Committee, Remuneration Committee) (Interpipe Group’s HQs) .
• Implementation of Risk Management and Internal Audit System (Pipe and Wheel Business, Interpipe)
• Internal Control and Managerial Accounting System Development (aluminum plant, Obolon, Ceres-*****, Kievmedpreparat).
• Preparation of companies for IPO (Initial Public Offering) and Private placement (IPO Readiness assessment, work improvement plans (agriculture, FMCGs, agrochemistry, oil and gas e.a.)