Recognized as an accomplished, hands-on, results-oriented marketing
professional with strong experience in marketing, advertising, brand
positioning, event and promotion management. Expertise with on-
line/internet, consumer, B2B, niche and direct marketing. Detail
oriented, organized with strong leadership and management abilities.
Possess proven track record of implementing strategic marketing
***** across industries.
Recognized as an accomplished, hands-on, results-oriented marketing
Self Employed, 2008 to Present
Contract marketing services to small-medium size businesses
* Create and develop sales tools, collateral materials, and web site content, research blog topics, manage sales lead flow, prepare management reports using***** data, edit whitepapers and other prospect-facing communications as interim SMB marketing manager for leading enterprise-focused hosted IT service/cloud computing provider.
* Manage development and launch of new website, create new
collateral/education materials maintain customer/patient mailing
lists, coordinate special events, write/produce monthly customer-
focused newsletter, and execute direct mail lead generation programs
for small health care provider.
* Develop/create new collateral materials and website copy, maintain
customer and prospect mailing lists, execute online PPC advertising
and social media programs for start-up health and fitness company.
* Interim marketing manager for small CRM software company. Create and
edit collateral materials, including data sheets, press announcements
and customer/partner e-newsletters, coordinate participation in trade
shows, source email lists/develop and execute lead generation email
campaign promoting webinar attendance.
EVERYNETWORK, INC., WALTHAM, MA *****
Premier provider of IT consulting and services to Venture
Capital/Private Equity firms and other small-medium sized
businesses in the professional services, life sciences, high-
technology sectors,located in the Greater Boston and San Francisco
* Managed re-branding and re-launch of IT services provider, including
corporate identity, positioning, collateral/sales materials, and web
* Developed, executed, and coordinated targeted marketing programs
through professional conferences, seminars/webinars, direct mail,
direct electronic mail, e-newsletters, search engine marketing
(SEM/SEO), and trade advertising.
* Positioned, researched, planned, executed, and managed initial
branding and marketing launch of data center hosting service
* Built and expanded Channel Partner vendor relationships (Cisco,
Microsoft, Verizon, Equallogic, Iron Mountain Digital, IBM/Lenovo,
Altiris/Symantec, etc.) gaining greater mind-share and name
* Created, executed, managed, and analyzed integrated lead generation
programs and customer satisfaction surveys.
* Supervised major web site update/expansion and assisted in the
creation of sales training manual.
* Managed and maintained***** CRM database.
ACCUREV, INC., LEXINGTON, MA 2004 – 2005
Award-winning developer of software configuration management tools for
programmers and developers
Marketing Programs Manager (Contract)
* Developed, executed, and coordinated lead generation marketing
programs for software company via mediums such as print/online/search
engine advertising, trade shows, webinars, and direct electronic mail.
* Assisted in the development of print/electronic/web marketing materials and customer surveys.
* Managed AccuRev 3.7 Beta release program.
* Created monthly customer and prospect newsletters.
* Evaluated various online CRM tools. Recommended and participated in
eventual deployment of*****.
SCIENCE CURRICULUM INC., BELMONT, MA *****
America's preeminent publisher of hands-on, minds-on middle/high school physical science textbooks
* Achieved 16% response rate from direct mailing program targeting academic, private schools.
* Developed, executed, and coordinated marketing programs for textbook publisher through trade shows, direct mail, seminars, and targeted trade advertising.
* Created new marketing collateral materials; including 4-color
brochure, semi-annual newsletter, and sales materials.
* Managed major web site update and expansion to include on-line book
purchase capabilities for individuals and virtual, interactive
community for teachers, resulting in 2,529% increase in monthly web
site visits over two year period.
* Built and expanded relations with science equipment vendors, online
bookstores, and key education market influencers.
MASS INTERACTION/MCET, CAMBRIDGE, MA 1999 – 2001
Emmy-award winning, independent Massachusetts authority providing
distance learning and central technical services organization to public
schools, libraries, municipalities, and state government
* Managed re-branding and re-launch of independent state authority, including corporate identity and collateral materials, web site and video presentation.
* Created and executed marketing programs for Massachusetts Community
Network (MCN), a start-up, state-owned Internet provider, achieving 30%
education market penetration during first year.
* Conceived initial MCN product offering, service branding, and value-
* Developed and managed communications to customers, prospects, and
legislators via an aggressive integrated program of trade shows, direct mail, print advertising, event sponsorship, and community relations.
* Managed external public relations/advertising agencies and vendors.
* Developed strategic relationships with key industry associations and service partners.
* Supervised the development of marketing team; implemented plans and programs for each line of business, as well as corporate development.*****®, LYNN, MA 1995 – 1999
Nationally recognized, regional Internet service/web site host provider with 30,000+ users
Marketing Director/Business Development
* Developed strategic marketing analysis, as well as planning of new product/service area launches.
* Business Development and major account management of key customers including state/municipal governments and agencies, education, site designers/developers, and system/network integrators.
* Managed and coordinated large-scale customer appreciation and acquisition/retention events such as annual customer clambake, industry open houses, and chambers of commerce events.
* Conceived, developed, and managed channel marketing/strategic partnership programs.
* Created public relations program, including Internet service donations to over 200 public schools and libraries in multi-state service region.
* Grew subscriber base from 1,200 to 30,000 through the use of direct mail, trade show, broadcast/print advertising, event sponsorship, and community/public relations.
MALREX MARKETING ASSOCIATES, SWAMPSCOTT, MA 1992 – 1994
* Provided marketing direction and execution to client projects in the legal publishing, not-for-profit professional association, health care, and professional services industries.
HOME SHOPPING NETWORK, INC., ST. PETERSBURG, FL
America's Original TV Home Shopping Company
Marketing Manager 1988 – 1990
* Achieved 20% increase in net product sales by positioning, researching, planning, budgeting ($750K), negotiating, executing, and analyzing local (Boston) marketing communications program for large retail/direct marketing corporation.
* Educated, informed, and motivated consumers via trade shows, tie-in promotions, direct mail, broadcast/print advertising, and local event sponsorships.
* Planned and designed collateral materials.
* Monitored, and analyzed all local marketing activity.
* Partnered with corporate Cable Affiliate Sales Director to increase sales and cable carriage in the Boston market.
* Highest ratings/awareness nationally for a local HSN broadcast market.
* Developed retention programs leveraging existing viewers and enhancing the value of Home Shopping Club membership.
Account Executive (HSN Owned and Operated Television Station Group) 1987 – 1989
* Managed Sunday morning religious program sales for HSN Broadcasting's group of twelve major market television stations originating program sales in excess of $850,000.00.
* Sold local spot advertising for WHSH, the Boston ADI station.
Master of Business Administration with Marketing Concentration
Barney School of Business and Public Administration,
University of Hartford, West Hartford, CT
Bachelor of Arts in Economics
Ithaca College, Ithaca, NY
See above - current employment