ASHISH KUMAR *****
e mail id: ak ***** @rediffmail. com
NAIROBI, ****-- *****
I have a high degree of motivation and commitment, always keen to learn and lead the team. I like to take initiative and work with focus. Having been involved in development activities during my professional career, I can effectively work in team. I enjoy leading to and being responsible for the success.
Having a very good knowledge and dynamics of food business in Nigeria for last 7 years & with a food technology qualification from one of the best food technology institute, I have always been successful.
Date of Birth: 29th September 1963
• MASTERS IN FOOD TECHNOLOGY
• CENTRAL FOOD TECHNOLOGICAL RESERCH INSTITUTE-MYSORE, NDIA
• SPECIALIZATION-- Bakery and confectionery Technology( ***** )
• BACHELOR IN SCIENCE AGRICULTURE
Kerala Agricultural University, India( ***** )
• PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
Microsoft: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook; Dos, Windows 98/NT/2000/XP/Vista
SUMMARY OF PROFILE:
CREATIVITY: individual with creativity & managing cross functional team.
BUSINESS ACUMEN: Pragmatic professional manager with a thorough understanding of the dynamics and ground realities of the FMCG industry.
TEAM LEADERSHIP: Participative leader with experience to mobilize, motivate, educate and guide team to reach business goal.
Professional Experience: 22 years
***** ***** LIMITED—NAIROBI
Joined on 6 th feb 2011—as- PLANT MANAGER
Second largest producer of confectionery in ***** , nd eastern Africa. Responsible—for production , aintenance, uality, ntroduction of new product
And new projects. This company is facing problem of frequent breakdown,
Lack of productivity, nd quality problems.
BELOXXI INDUSTRY LTD
Beloxxi Industry Ltd, Lagos: As Factory Manager (July 2010-Jan-2011)
As incharge of sweet factory having two deposited lollipop line, ctivity include introduction of new product, production, quality and maintenance.
Beloxxi is a reputed, high quality biscuit and confectionery manufacturer.
SWEETCO FOODS LTD *****
Sweetco Foods Ltd, Ibadan, Nigeria: As Factory Manager (January 2008-July 2010) Reporting to the Managing Director.
Sweetco is the largest producer of confectionery & biscuit in Nigeria having 3 deposited ***** lines from APV, England and 3 biscuit lines from Baker Perkins.
I was basicaly brought to increase the business, reduce break down and improve quality which was achieved by following Unilever CSFS policy.
Strategic decision was taken to close down the biscuit lines where profit margin was less and more concentration and investment was made in the ***** and lollipop lines.
A new project with a Baker Perkins lollipop and 1. 5 mt/hr ***** line was started in January 2010.
Production had increased from 52 tons per day to 90 tons per day(60 mt of ***** and 30 mt of lollipop).
A&P FOODS LTD, LAGOS. NIGERIA
( ***** )
Designation: General Manager-Technical (2004 june- 2007 Dec)
A&P Foods is a leading manufacturer of confectionery & biscuit in Nigeria with annual turnover of around Rs. 200 Crores.
• Initiated turnkey project for confectionery and led the team for successful implementation of the process starting from plant design, erection, product development, market research and product launching.
• Product range: HBC, Lollipop, Ball gum, center filled gum, deposited candies, powder beverages and chewing gums were developed and had gotten approval from NAFDAC to market in Nigeria within a very short time.
• Played the role of a team leader for product development with the local taste and major products became market leaders within a short period of time.
• Heading the technical team, responsibilities included product development, quality assurance, marketing promotional activities.
• Analyzing & planning for major market share in confectionery & biscuit market.
• Monitoring the team for effective implementation of strategies.
UNILEVER CONFECTIONERY OPERATION
Makson Nutrition Food, Bho ***** : As Plant Manager (2002 feb-2004 may)
ASHISH KUMAR *****