To pursue as a world class professional in project management and maintenance with emphasis as a functional safety expert.
Experienced in offshore platform maintenance, drilling, operation, project management, design, execution and safety studies with specialized expertise in functional safety.
Experienced in HAZID, ALARP, HAZOP, QRA, SIL determination and validation.
Experienced in system management and IEC ***** PLC and general programming including C++, Java and SAP ERP.
Authored papers in safety and presented in ISA EXPO & SPE ATCE conferences and others.
Associated with Safety Users Group, France as a guest consultant and active contributor in ISA Safety and Controls Forums.
Member of ISA-SP84 (IEC ***** modified) standard committee for Programmable Electronic Systems for Use in Safety Applications and ISA-SP96 standard committee for valve Actuators.
Principal member of Bureau of Indian Standards Industrial Process Measurement and Control Sectional Committee, ET 18 which is affiliated to IEC TC 65.
Trained in Bid Package Preparation, HAZID, HAZOP, QRA and related activities by DNV, NPC and NTH, Norway for offshore hydrocarbon installations.
DETAILS OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
1. 2002-till date: Presently working as a Project Manager in Mumbai High oil field of ONGC, India with primary responsibility of identifying, planning, tendering, evaluation, contracting and execution of revamping and development jobs. This includes MSP project, MHN process platform reconstruction, NQO process platform revamping, ICP process platform capacity enhancement & revamping and DCS, ESD, FGS, TG and PGC retrofits. Provides assistance in functional safety determination and validation to various projects in ONGC.
Worked as technical coordinator of MSP project which comprises new process platform of oil processing capacity of 70, 00 BOPD, power generation capacity of 21 MW (2 Solar Mars 100 and 1 Centaur 50), process gas compressors of 2x1. 9 MMSCMD (Kawasaki package with Solar Mars 100 turbines) and booster compressors of 4x 3. 6 MW (Kawasaki). These machines are equipped with Allen Bradley Contrologix, PLC 5 and Siemens S7 PLCs. This project was executed by HHI, Korea. Consultants of this project are Worley Australia and John Brown India. This includes control system retrofit and other modifications.
Experienced in various stages of projects including bid preparation, bid evaluation, purchase specification evaluation, planning, logistics and execution. Familiar with various types and safety studies like HAZOP, HAZID, QRA, PISHAZOP, RAM and SIL studies. Familiar with various design aspects and familiar in codes and standards of API, ISA, IEC, IEEE, ANSI and NFPA. Experienced in designing and executing PCS, SIS and F&G loops in Honeywell Experion PKS DCS and Honeywell FSC SIL 3 safety PLC.
2. ***** : Worked as Instrumentation In charge of offshore oil and gas processing complex BHS. BHS Platform built by Hitachi Zosen, Japan has a Power Generation capacity of 45 MW, Gas Compression capacity of 2. 4 MMSCMD, Oil Processing & Pumping capacity of 180, 00 BOPD & Water Injection capacity of 562, 00 BWPD. BHS had achieved ISRS level 4, OSHAS ***** and ISO ***** . BHS has Honeywell Exertion DCS, FSC ESD PLCS, GE Mark V and Solar Speedtronics control system packages.
Associated with McKinsey in RCM based maintenance planning and MAC (Maintenance Activity Catalog) preparation and implementation project. Associated with A T Kearney in procurement of goods & services standardization project. Associated with ERP vendor SAP in PM and MM modules implementation.
3. ***** : Worked as Instrumentation In-charge of sixteen oil rigs of Galeky and Rudrasagar oil fields of Upper Assam.
4. ***** : Worked in bid package preparation and Safety studies for process platforms under guidance of DNV, NTH & NPC ***** CATION
Bachelors : B-Tech (Instrumentation & Control), University of Calicut ***** PUTER SKILLS
Familiar with word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and database packages. Experienced in Languages viz. C, Basic, FORTRAN, dBase, Clipper and SQL. Familiar with OOP languages like Java and C#. Familiar with AutoCAD drafting package. Experienced in system analysis, system management, networking and hardware.
Experienced in PM and MM modules of ERP software SAP. Experienced in project planning and management software MS Project and IEC ***** PLC ladder logic programming.
STANDARD COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIPS
1. Member of ISA-SP84 (IEC ***** modified) standard committee for Programmable Electronic Systems for Use in Safety Applications.
2. Voting Member of ISA WG6 -SP84 (IEC ***** modified) The Application of ANSI/ISA 84. 00. ***** Parts 1-3 (IEC ***** Parts 1-3 Modified) for Safety Instrumented Functions (SIFs) in Fire & Gas Systems.
3. Member of ISA-SP96 standard committee, Valve Actuator Committee.
4. Voting Member of ISA-SP84 (IEC ***** modified) WG3 for SIFs in Burner Management Systems.
5. Voting Member of ISA-SP84 (IEC ***** modified) WG1 Safety Fieldbus design considerations for Process Industry sector applications.
6. Principal member of BIS Industrial Process Measurement and Control Sectional Committee, ET 18 which is affiliated to IEC TC 65.
1. IEC ***** : Overcoming Difficulties in Attaining SIL3 in Shutdown Valve Loops. ISA EXPO 2005, Chicago, USA.
2. Quantitative optimization of offshore fire and gas systems design using IEC ***** (ANSI/ISA-84), SPE, ATCE 2007, Anaheim, CA USA.
1. Bureau of Indian standards (BIS) ET 18: Primary member.
2. International Electro technical Commission (IEC) TC 65: through BIS ET 18.
3. International Society of Automation (ISA): Senior Member. ***** puter Society of India (CSI): Life member.
5. All India Management Association (AIMA): Life member.
6. Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE): Member.