Sr Project Manager
Proven industry professional with extensive experience in Domestic and Global IT Project Management. Successful track record in ERP implementations and re-platforms. Expert knowledge in supply chain and logistics operations. Key role in strategic planning for corporations’ IT roadmap and budget allocations. Demonstrated excellent project management skills with an eye for detail and an ongoing commitment to excellence. Oversees all aspects of project lifecycle, including Feasibility Study, System Design, System Development, Implementation and Maintenance & Review. Specialty area ***** development.
• Over 20 years of project management experience
• Extensive training in PMBOK methodology – Waterfall and Agile
• Tools utilized - MS Project, PowerPoint, Visio, Word
• Managed Project budgets from small to large ( 12 million)
• Managed Project teams – infrastructure and applications. Average size 26 but as large as 47.
• Commended by C-level executives for having “moved the needle” when it came to management excellence.
• Deep understanding of the complex international business environment as well as the application of Information Technology to best support the company's strategic direction.
• Enthusiastic advocate for both personal and professional achievement, bringing a strong desire to help companies achieve their strategic goals and vision.
Project Management SDLC - PMBOK • Technical Infrastructure • Team Leadership
• Process Improvement • Business Analysis • Resource Allocation • Supply Chain and Logistics • Vendor Management • Technology Deployment • ERP Implementations
• Microsoft Technology SharePoint and CRM
***** - Akron, OH March 2009 - Present
Director of Information Technology/Sr Project Manager
Successfully direct all activities for the IT Department for a technology solutions company including infrastructure, telephony, and application development. Manage 20 direct reports and oversee 60, 00 square foot warehouse operations, budget and personnel. Administer an IT Budget of $20M and Warehouse budget of $10M in capital and expense. Implementation/integration of Microsoft Great Plains ERP. BI Dashboards and SharePoint services. Formulate departmental policy and procedures through a discovery process and data collection to improve the performance of the IT department. Key decision maker in forecasting trends and long-term planning for the department and implements long-term plans using non-traditional/creative approaches to problem solving. Installed and opened POS Retail Management locations for DELL computer nationwide.
• Reduced headcount by 6 FTE’s by automating systems through implementing and integrating Microsoft Great Plains ERP, SharePoint, Telligent Community Social Media Portal and WebFocus Business Intelligence.
• Saved over $4M annually in paper and shipping expenses by deploying mobile functionality to field representatives.
• Installed and opened POS Retail Management locations for DELL computer nationwide.
• ***** development team both in-house and contractors.
YRC Worldwide Technologies - Akron, OH Oct 2006 - March 2009
Manager – Information Solutions (Applications Development)/ Project Manager
Effectively manage the Application Development Team both domestically and offshore. Provided the direction and management of Information Technology department, including delivery and maintenance of IT infrastructure. Collaborated with the senior management team in formulating and optimizing the strategic goals and objectives for the company. Oversaw due diligence, selection, contract negotiations, project management, training, Integration and implementation of large scale/small projects. Spearheaded key areas including revenue management and international freight management. Managed 22 employees in Overland Park KS, 2 in Buffalo NY, 10 in Akron Ohio and 12 in India. Recommended changes on evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance of information systems as appropriate.
• Saved $5M in operating costs during the implementation of a Credit Call Center Application in Buffalo, NY.
• Implementation of document imaging application of all ship documents. Utilized offshore team in India to build in house credit and payment applications resulting in a savings of 12 million dollars in reduction of IT staff.
The Flood Company - Hudson, OH May 2005 - Oct 2006
MIS Manager/Sr. Project Manager
Directed and managed the Information Technology department, including delivery and maintenance of IT infrastructure. Developed a comprehensive strategy for new application development, and the migration of existing applications. Ensured that the work done throughout the entire technology organization was reviewed from a strategic perspective and that it aligned with tactical and corporate-level goals. Oversaw system interfaces, systems documentation, quality assurance, business continuity solutions, creation, optimization and migration of existing and new technologies and platforms. Maintain security of all data and networks for complete data integrity and backup in event of systems failure for disaster recovery for high-availability and uptime.
• Collaborated with SunGard Managed Services initiating a Technology and Business Disaster Recovery Plan with two hot site test annually.
• Reduced headcount cost by 3 FTE’s by implementing process improvements. Managed Logistics and Operations Team, Distribution, Forecasting, Replenishment, Demand Planning, WMS and TMS application development.
Lesco - Cleveland, OH July 2002 - May 2005
Application Development Manager
Collaborated closely with CEO, CFO and CIO in obtaining short and long term goals by outsourcing AR portfolio and integrating systems with GE Financial. Defined and led process improvement initiatives focused on the areas of finance, inventory and purchasing using the tools and techniques of formal quality processes. Performed project requirements analysis including converting business requirements into detailed technical specifications. Managed IT Development Team and Tier II Maintenance Team of 28 personnel. Managed team of 3 and implemented supporting company EDI/VAN Initiatives. Responsible for Credit Operations, Risk and underwriting system integration with GE Business Credit Services. Led in evaluating new ERP Software system and RFP. Manage Due Diligence and Discovery in SSA Global PRMS Application.
• Managed IT Systems Support for all Financial Systems.
• Led Logistics and Operations Team, distribution, forecasting, replenishment, demand planning, WMS, TMS, and EHS. Responsible for IT initiatives in opening 4 new Greenfield Warehouse Distribution Centers in Atlanta, Chicago, San Diego and Dallas. Implementing RF technology.
• Reduced shipping costs of $18M annually as a result of new centers and streamlined processes put in place.
Bearing Distributors, Inc. - Cleveland, OH Apr 1991 - July 2002
Manager – I. S. Business Systems
Managed and directed conversion/replatforming of ASW DISTRIBUTION SYSTEMS from HP3000 to AS400. Implemented average costing system. Integration and implementation with EDI mapping. Provided consultation to other business owners in the area of system evolution. Analyzed current business practices and make recommendations for improvements utilizing effective communication and formal presentations. Performed benefit analysis and feasibility studies. Defined operational problems and propose system solutions for all organizational areas. Distribution, Forecasting, Replenishment, Demand Planning, WMS and TMS, Analyze and Implement new functions within Import/Export of Global Trading Branches
• Built out global commerce department by implementing international shipping guidelines.
Parker Hannifin Corporation - Cleveland, OH 1983 – 1991
Senior Programmer/Analyst – Project Manager
Hunter Manufacturing Corporation - Solon, OH *****
MBA Degree - Business Systems
Baldwin Wallace College - Berea , OH
Bachelor of Arts Degree - Communications
John Carroll University - South Euclid, OH
Associates Degree - Computer Science
Cuyahoga Community College - Parma, OH
Project Management Certification Program (PMI) – Baldwin Wallace
Expert competencies advocated by the Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK)
S. I. M. – Society of Information Management
Sr Project Manager