Name: ***** Address: IT-Sassoferrato
Born: 1960 Nationality: Dutch
Education: Language skills:
MBA International Finance
BSc Chemical Engineering Dutch German native language
fluent spoken and written
English fluent spoken and written
Italian basic knowledge
Further training / courses Computer skills
European Business Management Program Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, MSProject
(Unilever) SAP R/3 Fico, PP, MRP
Strategic Marketing Planning Solarc
(University of Michigan)
(University St. Gallen)
Shareholder Value Implementation
Advanced Instruments in Trading
(Oxford Princeton Institute)
(Oxford Princeton Institute)
Trading and Legal
(Oxford Princeton Institute)
(living in the country) (short term assignments)
Germany, Italy, United Kingdom, USA, Middle East, China, South East Asia,
Netherlands, Singapore India, South Africa, France, Spain, Hungary, Belgium, Russia
Position: Company / Sector: Projects / Main Duties:
08/12 Wilmar Europe Holdings B. V.
NL • Management of European management Team, consisting of 4 other Managers. Direct responsibility for HR, Risk Management and SHEQ.
• Develop and implement the strategic positioning in Europe.
• Manage the European and North American Biodiesel trading book.
• Development and implementation of the Biodiesel market strategy in Europe and North America.
• Development and implementation of the market entry strategy for oleochemicals in Europe.
• Development of a Personnel development strategy.
• Daily control of all trading and Forex risks.
• Project: Construction of a new refinery in Germany with a CAPEX of EUR 100 Mio.
• Project: Construction of a new refinery in the Netherlands with a CAPEX of EUR 30 Mio.
• Project: Initiated a feasibility study for the construction of a new chemical plant in Rotterdam, outcome is the construction of the plant with a CAPEX of EUR 75 Mio. Negotiations with the banks on the financing negotiated all service contracts with a volume of EUR 200 Mio.
• Project: Closing of an inefficient plant in Germany with a personnelcv76zf m, reduction of 17 FTE’s.
• Project: REACH implementation
• Project: Acquisition of three companies in Europe, management of DD teams, leading the negotiations with the respective Seller.
• Project: Simplifying the European structure with reduced corporate taxes and dismissing the CFO.
• Project: Negotiated new collective tariff agreement with WC in Germany, simplified the tariff and implemented appraisal system.
• Project: Set up of two joint ventures in Europe, negotiated and set up all legal structures.
• Management of 230 employees
• Turnover: 950 Mio. in Europa
• Employees: 230 in Europa
07/08 Babcock&Brown Biofuels Sarl,
Luxemburg • Identify and execute acquisitions of companies in the chemical industry, tank storage, biomass, renewable fuels and oil & gas.
• Manage a biodiesel production company.
• Project: Acquisition of a company in the biodiesel industry, managing the DD, negotiations with financing banks and negotiations of the service agreements.
• Project: Restructuring of a biodiesel company, liquidity planning, personnel reduction with 20%, new work processes and the implementation of a dynamic hedging program.
• Project: Investment in a new production facility with a CAPEX of EUR 15 Mio.
• Project: Setting up a new activity in the Netherlands, opening of an office in Amsterdam, development of 5 year plan, presentation to the Board.
• Project: Acquisition of a part of a tank storage company, managing DD process, negotiations with banks, co-ordination of advisors.
• Management of 35 employees
• Turnover: 1, 00 Mio EUR
• Employees: 1500
02/06 Mabanaft GmbH
D • Operational management for the mineral oil activities of the Group, including trading, distribution, gasoline stations and contracting.
• Development of a long term growth strategy for the Group.
• Executed international growth with the set up of new operational units in North America, Eastern Europe and Asia.
• Introduced a new improved Risk Management system.
• Negotiated with banks extended credit facilities in excess of 1, 00 Mio. EUR
• Chairman of Supervisory Boards of Group companies and Joint Ventures.
• Expansion of product portfolio through a long term pipeline contract with Shell.
• Expansion of supplier base with new supplies out of Middle East.
• Board member of several Industry lobby groups in the mineral oil industry.
• Development and implementation of a personnel development system.
• Rebranding of 250 filling stations, with a new shop concept.
• Internationalization of the retail business to Switzerland, Austria and Hungary.
• Implementation of a loyalty card.
• Implementation of an improved credit control system for retail customers.
• Restructuring and new positioning of ProEnergy with a reduction of 70 FTE’s (50%).
• Project: Acquisition of a trading and a distribution company in Austria with the implementation in the Group.
• Project: Acquisition in Germany of an energy contracting company.
• Project: Introduction of a new Trading Software system, being the first in Europe (Solarc).
• Management of 1000 employees
• Turnover: 1, 00 Mio EUR
• Employees: 3000
96/02 RWE-DEA AG, later Sasol O&S
D • P&L responsible for a SBU with a turnover of EUR 430 Mio. and 5 plants in Italy and USA.
• Budget responsibility of EUR 300 Mio.
• Development of long, medium and short
term strategies with their corresponding operational action plans.
• Personnel development plans as well as investment plans.
• Efficient implementation of strategic concepts.
• Control of progress and results.
• Development of production planning for all production sites in cooperation of plant managers.
• Implementation of a R&D strategy in co-operation with R&D managers
• Development of operational sales and marketing plans.
• Member and President of several industry lobby groups of the chemical industry.
• Supervisory Board member of some daughter companies and Joint Ventures.
• Project: Leading the restructuring of the SBU’s and the global distributors. Reduction of or closing of several foreign sales offices and distributors with 50%.
• Project: Leading three Post Merger Integration teams.
• Project: Restructuring of the R&D departments, in order to align with the SBU strategy. Reduction of 10 FTE’s and one R&D facility.
• Project: Restructuring the manufacturing strategy, closing of two plants, investment of USD 300 Mio. In remaining plants and savings of USD 50 Mio. per annum.
• Project: Acquisition of a part of Hüls AG, leading the DD, coordination of all advisors, leading the negotiations.
• Project: Two acquisitions of separate companies in South Korea and Brazil.
• Managing 660 employees.
• Turnover: 2, 00 Mio. EUR
• Employees: 4000
92/95 Salim Oleochemicals,
Singapore • Responsible for Sales, Marketing, Technical Service and Logistics for an Oleo chemical organization.
• Management Sales and Marketing teams in Singapore, Germany und USA.
• Development of business strategy and budgets.
• Coordination of production planning
• Project: Introduction of Salim into global market, achieved a market share of 10% with 3 years.
• Project: Set up of a global sales and marketing organization, opening of offices in Columbus (OH) and Düsseldorf (D), structuring of a distributor network in Latin America, Africa and Europe.
• Project: Set of a global logistic network with storage facilities in Rotterdam, New York and Houston.
• Project: Implementation of a new corporate identity combined with a global advertising campaign.
• Management of 50 employees
• Turnover: USD 120 Mio.
• Employees: 350
Business Development Manager
89/92 National Starch & Chemical (now Henkel),
UK • Management and development of European distributors.
• Development regional sales budgets.
• Identifying and opening of new export markets.
• Product Line Management, including control on pricing and margins.
• Leading the Business Development team.
• Project: Modernizing of all packaging and packaging systems, cost savings of 25%..
• Project: Reduction of product complexity through reduction of the product portfolio with 50%, cost savings of 15%.
• Project: Introduction of a new corporate identity.
• Management of 5 employees.
• Turnover: USD 1. 000 Mio.
• Employees: 5000
Area Sales Manager
85/89 Petrolite Ltd,
UK • Sales o ***** to oil refineries and petrochemical plants.
• Regional responsibility for Benelux and Scandinavia.
• Customer service and technical service on process parameters.
• Managing of one employee
• Managing Director
• SBU Manager
• Manager M&A
• Manager Corporate Development
• Manager Business Development
• Manager Sales & Marketing • Mineral oil
• Trading in Commodities
• Tank storage
• Renewable Energies
• Food and Feed Industry
• Start Up
• Post Merger Integration
• Growth strategies
• Strategy Development
• Investment projects
• Change management
• Cost savings processes
• Restructuring • See above.