***** ***** Advisors
Gary A. ***** , Managing Principal
Mr. ***** formed ***** ***** Advisors after 37 years in the full service truck lease industry. PFA was formed to bring a level of expertise and multi-industry experience to companies who operate trucks as part of their business - not as their business. By contracting with PFA, ***** ***** operators can take advantage of a range of talents that are not normally available to small and medium size ***** operators.
Prior to forming PFA, Mr. ***** was General Manager of Allstate Leasing, LLC headquartered in St. Paul, Minnesota. As General Manager, Gary grew the companies operations to eleven facilities, 100 employees, 1, 00 vehicles and a $25, 00, 00 annual revenue stream across six states. The growth was fueled by both sales and marketing, and the acquisition of two regional competitors. To effectively handle the rapid growth he assembled and directed a cross functional team that converted an antiquated computer business system to an integrated, paperless, web based system.
Mr. ***** ’s strengths centered on the development of current employees and hiring new, service-centered employees that led to continuing improvement in the profitability of the organization. By revising the business planning process and incorporating the budget into the monthly financial reporting system he enabled each line manager to focus on the areas needing improvement.
During his tenure at Allstate Leasing he managed a Six Sigma project that reduced unscheduled repairs by 43% and led a “Lean” initiative that revitalized an obsolete preventative maintenance process with up to date tools, processes, instructions and training. Mr. ***** also led an equipment design and testing project that used current technology to improve fuel economy 13% in Class 8 highway equipment.
Before Allstate Leasing, Mr. ***** held various positions of increasing responsibility in sales, operations and corporate staff. While serving as Division Sales Vice President for Lend Lease Trucks, Inc. , Gary increased equipment utilization by 16 percentage points, increased product line revenue by 10% annually and gained penetration into national accounts. While with Gelco Truck Leasing, Gary developed a small local acquisition into a nine facility operation spanning three eastern states. He then accepted the challenge, as Vice President of Quality Assurance, to refocus the management of the company with a concentration on “Total Quality Management”. While with Ryder Truck Rental Gary opened three new markets and served on a cross functional committee to design new product lines.
Mr. ***** served as Chairman of the Truck Lease Advisory Council for National Truck Leasing System. participated as a panel member at the National ***** Truck Council annual meeting, lead break out sessions for Paccar Leasing’s annual meetings and held various volunteer positions in his local community. He holds a bachelors degree in economics from the University of Pittsburgh and resides in Minneapolis with his family.
***** ***** Advisors
***** ***** Advisors, LLC 3/10 - Current
*****ly held consulting company that provides expertise and multi-industry experience to businesses throughout the Upper Midwest.
As Managing Principal assembled a range of talents that are able to provide support to ***** ***** operators not available within their own organizations.
• Designed and led a cost reduction program that reduced expense by 10.7%
• Implemented processes and procedures that enabled a carrier to effectively deal with new federal regulations and avoid governmental intervention in their business
• Moved companies from antiquated paper based reporting processes to updated web based paperless systems
Allstate Leasing, LLC 8/94 – 2/10
Independent, stand alone supplier of highway transportation equipment and service to companies throughout the Upper Midwest.
As General Manager responsibilities included total operation of the company’s eleven facilities, 100 employees, 1,000 vehicles and $20,000,000 revenue stream across six states. Drove the growth and expansion of the company at an annual rate of 17% average. Developed current employees and hired new, service-centered employees that led to continuing improvement in the profitability of the organization.
• Hired, trained and managed staff in all functional areas to effectively handle double-digit growth.
• Revitalized an obsolete preventive maintenance process with up to date tools, processes, instructions and training that resulted in reduced cost and improved effectiveness.
• Assembled and directed a cross functional team that converted an antiquated computer business system to an integrated, paperless web based system.
• Managed a Six Sigma project that reduced failures by 43%.
• Implemented the acquisition and sale of business entities that enhanced market penetration.
• Developed a Microsoft Office based planning process that focused line managers on areas for improvement.
• Led an equipment design and testing project that improved fuel economy 13%.
EDUCATION: BA Economics, University of Pittsburgh
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND TRAINING:
Total Quality Management, Phillip Crosby Associates - Truck Lease Advisory Council, NationaLease -Six Sigma Greenbelt Sponsor, University of St. Thomas - South Dakota and Minnesota Trucking Associations - Microsoft Office - ACT! – PeopleNet