MZMJ ***** *****
Miguel ***** *****
17 years of business growth and development in residential and commercial mortgage lending with emphasis on residential mortgages for compliance in origiation and servicing. Practice self motivation to attain expert knowledge and experience within all phases of the mortgage banking and servicing industry. Always re-tooling the skills necessesary to continue a rewarding career path in the financial services industry.
SENIOR ANALYST AND MENTOR SOLOMON-EDWARDS// PROMONTORY BANK OF AMERICA CHARLOTTE NC. MAY 2012 TO JAN 2013 CONTRACTOR LONG TERM ASSIGNMENT, OCC CONSENT ORDER FORECLOSURE ERRORS AND OMISSIONS, STATE AND FEDERAL REGULATIONS LPS, S-400, LAMP, URBAN, LMA, ACCESS, IPORTAL, HOME BASE, HOME SAVER, HOME RETENTION, AACER , LAMB, EQUATOR
Performed specialized tasks per April 13, 2011 Consent Order by federal regulators to conduct a multi-faceted review of residential mortgage servicing and foreclosure actions to determine and report findings of any errors, misrepresentations or other deficiencies resulting in financial injury to borrowers or mortgagees.
• Current project: OCC consent order for Bank of America.
• Responsible for, but not limited to, evaluating default mortgage servicing loans and files during the Claim Review process.
• Determine if all required loss mitigation activities were and documented in accordance with the requirements of HAMP, proprietary modification and other program requirements.
• Ensure that all required processes and procedures were followed; system of records notated, documentation available/imaged and appropriate borrower.
• Review complete files for harm, and provide recommendations as to whether or not any errors, misrepresentations or other deficiencies identified in the review resulted in financial injury to the borrower or the mortgagee.
• Review foreclosed loans, evaluate whether or not they were processed in accordance with HAMP, Proprietary Modification or other applicable program guidelines and requirements.
• Review and compile fully documented loan histories, imaged documents and information available from all sources to collectively determine if the document validates the information used to make the home retention / loss mitigation decision.
• Complete Claim Review according to clearly defined requirements; make recommendations as to whether the Borrower / Customer with a valid claim.
• Reviewing financial statements, credit reports, and applicable ratios(i. e. Debt ratios, loan-to-value);
• Evaluating; examining transactions to ensure accuracy and completeness; preparing formal reports for review; ensuring that documents are consistent and uphold to company and industry guidelines;
ROBERT HALF AND PROTIVITI TREASURY OCC CONSENT ORDER AURORA BANK DENVER CO HARP AND HAMP PROGRAM FROM OCTOBER 2011 to MAY ***** pliance and procedures, loss mitigation foreclosures, short sales, deed in lieu, forbearance, loan workout MULTIPLE SYSTEMS; AS400, CPI, Alltel, Melita, LPS Desktop, Conductor, Tracks, Fidelity, Calix, Encompass, Genesis, Lamda, Denver CO
Lead Analyst / HAMP SME
• Project: OCC consent order for AURORA BANK.
• Responsible for reviewing foreclosure files to validate accuracy of the fees and/or penalties assessed.
• Determined whether or not foreclosures were processed within applicable state and federal laws and that all required procedures were followed.
• Determined if borrower suffered financial harm by the bank.
• Conducted a complete review of foreclosure files to ensure all default timeframes were processed accurately.
• Developed and implemented guidelines and procedures for HAMP file reviews.
• Determined if proper documentation was utilized in the foreclosure process; documented all exceptions and determined if the foreclosure was processed in accordance with applicable state and federal laws, including SCRA and US Bankruptcy Codes.
Provide direct decisions on loss mitigation options for the portfolio of 1st residential lien mortgage servicing customers who are having difficulty making payments. . Constant attention to improvements is critical. Additional responsibilities will include working closely with management to ensure that we are operating per all regulatory guidelines as efficiently and effectively as possible and handling escalated and more complex cases from customers.
Manage the Mod decision staff and all of the processes. Establish objectives, set goals and conduct effective performance evaluations while coaching and mentoring team. Review performance data to monitor and measure productivity, goal progress and activity levels to maintain department goals and productivity.
Identifies and provides standards for gathering information for use in trend analysis and reports information to upper management.
Establish and maintain performance metrics related to all single point of contact activity.
Plan, develop and implement policies and operating procedures to ensure effective/efficient operations.
Develop strategies that can lead to increased effectiveness of the Home Retention objectives of the Bank
SEPTEMBER 2007 TO JULY 2012 DIRECTOR OPERATIONS INTERNATIONAL FINANCE PARTNERS. Contractor traveler Nationwide & Worldwide, long term assignments HARP, HAMP, HAFA, TARP PROGRAMS
• SVP Director Operations at International Finance Partners is the Holding company Contract for the Origination and Servicers Institutions, Save Your Home is the Banking Origination, Z Group Consultants LLC is the Loss Mitigation Platform, Consumer loans Assets Portfolios Worldwide
• LOSS MITIGATION, MODIFICATIONS, SHORT SALE, FOREBERANCE, FORECLOSURE, DEED IN LIEU, LOANS ACQUISITION BULK & FLOW, CALL CENTER INBOUND & OUTBOUND BPO CENTER
• ORIGINATION, UNDERWRITING, PROCESSING SERVICING NATIONWIDE, New Model Set Up to improve pre-sales solutions maintain the communication channels with the Customers and improve high Touch Customer Service Expectations, adapt New Products with the requirements and specifications to the economic circumstance to meet market requirements, maintain regulations and procedures Changes and adjustment with the outsourcing platform, Develop New Product according with the Customer demand, servicing agent for our loan servicing portfolio, maintain ongoing pipeline of 2500 loans per month, budget, recruiting, P&L cash flow & ROI projections, strong leadership abilities loan acquisition, Servicing clients throughout the US and interacting with Global, Origination Sales $750 MM, train and motivate 15 Sales Managers and 150 LO’S Originators, credit underwriting decisions (3) channels to completes loans transactions in accordance with Standards Corporate State and Federal Regulations, Experiences and expertise on volatile difficult decline soft markets, credit analysis documents and disclosures, collateral evaluations exposure, monitoring performances due diligence on securitization assets, financial statements analysis, credit adjudications maintain compliance documents for conformity with approved credit applications decisions making in a daily basis operation. Evaluate external market for sourcing developments and opportunities, quality, service, and cost- effective lead unit operational procedures, policies and standards. call center through new marketing engagement strategies refined targeting, managing analytics for servicing decisions assignments, servicing analyze collections and cost to collect, pursuing collections in the legal channels on defaulted consumer receivables, title procedures and appraisals with BPO to determine value and recommendation to secure the collateral, quality control to avoid fraud and due diligence, implement system to expedite the process with high customer service expectations, second level review failures, closing, RESPA and HUD wires reconciliation, hiring staff and closing procedures improvement processing and underwriting reducing cost per file and accurate data with high standard negotiation skill as well outsourcing platforms, Large assets portfolio REO inventory, development and monitoring performance metrics average cost per loan, maintains third party vendor relationships
COUNTRYWIDE HOME LOANS 01 February 2005 TO 30 August 2007 MMD NATIONAL PLATFORM NORWALK CT
• Manager Senior Underwriter MMD, High signing authority $ 3 M, Jumbo Loans, Nationwide (3) Channels, second signature for the branches (East Coast) Division, Manager Loss mitigation and underwriting, inbound and outbound BPO Platform Call Center
• Reviewed and underwrote FNMA Bulk tape files for accuracy to Master Policy Commitments issued by Triad Guaranty to determined material deficiencies for submission to legal department. Identified deficiencies and transaction components on individual loan files and supporting documents for data integrity on Prime and Alt-A program files using guidelines and CDUs by FNMA, FHLMC, Wells Fargo, Countrywide, National City, GMAC, Chase, American Home Mortgage, Aurora, First Magnus, 5th 3rd, and other lenders. Identified potential fraud associated with loan applications and appraisals through the review of tax returns, profit and loss statements, credit reports, depository and security statements, employment records. Utilized AVMs, Retro-AVMs, BPOs, OPUS reviews and specialized fraud tracking/reporting resources. Underwriting duties involved full underwrites and vendor fail reviews for adherence to investor and portfolio lender program guidelines, credit, income, property appraisal, legal and title
Manage a department for the outsourcing of residential mortgage loan processing, underwriting and closing. Responsible for the assessment and ongoing management of all business practices, processes and systems, which could include: file intake, imaging, processing, underwriting, QC, as well as management of orders, borrower contact, client relationships and related vendors. Oversee numerous ongoing projects with a staff of 100+ employees. Staffing decisions, and with managing and motivating the staff to achieve peak performance as a primary objective.
FREEDMONT LENDING CA 12 April 2004 to 27 January 2005 (C0NTRACTOR)
Senior Manager Underwriter Level, Retail program, Customer Service Excellent Award. LPSP system, Pipeline total approval 1196= $226, 98. 548, turn around 24 hours decision to HMC, credit package & disclosures. Manager Call Center Underwrote for the Three Step Express HARP (Home Affordable Refinance Program version of HAMP)) Program• Calculate income for all types of borrowers including complex tax returns and related financial statements, analyzed and calculated various sources of assets, with a signing authority of $1 Million Plus Dollars • Adhered to Fannie and Freddie Mac HAMP program guidelines. Demonstrated strong manual underwriting. Calculated debt-to-income ratios, LTV and CLTV restrictions ensuring program parameters were met calculated income for all types of borrowers and analyzed sources of funds to determine creditworthiness of borrowers
THE CLAYTON GROUP & BRISTOL FINANCIAL CORP 02 February 2003 to 01 April 2004 SHELTON CT (C0NTRACTOR)
• Team Leader Senior Underwriter, Assignments, Accredited, Washington Mutual, GMAC Mortgage, Goldman Sacks Investments, Citi Financial, Household, Morgan Stanley, Decision – 1, Lehman Brothers, Barclay Bank, Bertram, Countrywide, due-diligences & compliance, Numara, Paribas, Credit Suisse, Societe’ General, Santander
CONSORCIO SAN MIGUEL LENDING 17 October 1985 to 15 January 2003
• SVP OPERATIONS LAS VEGAS NV & GENEVE SUISSE SBA, OMMERCIAL & RESIDENTIAL ORIGINATION FHA & VA, Secondary Market, Jumbo Loans, Compliance, Due Diligence, signing authority $3M HOLDING COMPANY ENRON PROSECON CORPORATION, IRECTOR OPERATIONS, MEXICO & USA COMMERCIAL ORIGINATION (RESTAURANTS & GAS STATIONS) COMMODITIES ENERGY, (ACQUISITION MERGE WITH CONSORCIO GROUP) HOLDING COMPANY ENRON
• Director trading commodities Sugar, Milk Powder & Butter, swaps hedge delivery the physical to the user market worldwide, short, & long-term under contract #5 & #11 New York & London, Phillip Brothers, Gill & Duffus, Pillsbury, Sucden & Amerop. (CONASUPO). Director Loss Mitigation and Call Center outsourcing. Purchase, at a discount, charged-off receivables that credit card issuers and other lenders have given up on. Utilizing a "friendly, but firm approach" its account managers evaluate customers' ability to pay, develop tailored payment programs; skip-tracers to track down stubborn debtors
REPUBLIC BANK, DALLAS TEXAS 26 May 1983 to 01 October 1985
• Director VP SBA LOANS, COMMERCIAL ORIGINATION (HOUSTON TX) Liaison with Federal Institutions, Underwriting Manager, quality control and Performances, , Manager Call Center
UNIVERSITY SAVINGS, DALLAS TEXAS 07 June 1980 to 02 May 1983
• Manager International Division, Senior Underwriter Manager, SBA LOANS, COMMERCIAL ORIGINATION Due Diligences & Compliance, Manager Call Center origination
FINASA S. A DE C. V 05 December 1978 to 01 June 1980 MEXICO DF
• Manager processing center and underwriting, special finance sub-prime, consumer loans retail & wholesale, warehouse lines set up for brokers & correspondences, loss mitigation specialist, collections outsourcing center, 3 outsourcing centers, Director Trading desk assets portfolios, trading commodities Sugar and Coffee & Cocoa exchange, monitoring CME exchange Dairy Products (Butter & Milk Powder)
UNION DE CREDITO DEL SUR 12 May 1975 to 01 December 1978
• MANAGER LOAN DIVISION, COMMERCIAL ORIGINATION & PROCESSING (VERACRUZ MX) Executive Mortgage Banker, wire transfer & letter of credit, quality control loss mitigation specialist, Call Center Manager processing credit card & collections, servicing loans USA, CANADA Director for National Program for the Sugar Union Industry (Housing National Program)
BANCO AZTECA S. A 14 June 1970 to 01 May 1975
• MANAGER CALL CENTER (MEXICO DF) Origination Manager, Manager Team leader groups, sales trainer Manager residential & commercial loans, SBA & Exim bank, loss mitigation specialist, credit cards & collections
• Systems Acaps, First Data, Eaps, TSYS, ZOOT, FICO Credit Cards & Consumer Loans Fidelity, Image LPS DESKTOP, Edp, Calyx, Encompass, Genesis, Lamda, S400, SLA’S, Tracks, SPECIAL PROJECTS FDIC, HAMP, HARP, HAFA, TARP, GINNIE MAE, FREDDIE MAC, FANNIE MAE, SAFE ACT, FAIR LENDING, FEDERAL BANK AND MULTI SERVICING COMPANIES, COMPLAINT PROCESS AND PROCEDURES STATE AND FEDERAL, AUDITING LOAN PORTFOLIOS TRANSFERS, QA AND QC REVIEWS, RISK TESTING, FRAUD ANALYSIS HARP PROGRAM
COLLEGE L'ECOLE VIEDX BOIS GENEVE SUISSE 1967/1975 BUSINESS AND FINANCE
UNIVERSIDAD NACIONAL AUTONOMA DE MEXICO BUSINESS MASTER DEGREE, INTERNATIONAL LAW, AND FINANCE 1975/1979
HIGH SCHOOL: UNIVERSIDAD MILITAR LATINO AMERICANA MEXICO D. F. 1962/1967
LANGUAGES: ENGLISH, FRENCH, SPANISH
SALARY NEGOTIABLE WILLING TO RELOCATE & TRAVEL