Intend to work in a challenge and competitive environment where strong sense of DESIGN AND FASHION TECHNOLOGY requires, where dignity of work provides job satisfaction and the place of work provides potential avenues for learning & growing and achieves top-level in the hierarchy of the organization.
Mailing Address & Contract Number:
Mominul Islam Mominul Islam
House #10/A, Road# 7/(15/A), Block# G/1 C/O. Md. Arshad Ali Biswas
Section#2, Mirpur, haka 1216. Gobindohuda, amurhuda, Chuadanga
Professional Experience Details:
Job-1 : Senior Executive, Design and Product Development, From August 2007 to March 2011.
Regent Global Sourcing INC, A USA based apparel sourcing company,
Regent Global Sourcing sources knit and woven apparel products in South America, Europe and Asia for the American and European markets. RGS, a rapidly expanding company with offices in Peru, Honduras, Singapore, Bangladesh and USA, is committed to bringing customers a well-integrated work of producers in regions well-known for their tradition in the textile and garment industry.
• Lead a 4 members team includes a designer, embellishment technologist and fit technologist
• Design, product development and fit
• Trend research and idea conceptualization
• Developing work order and specifications/product pack/technical package
• Garments construction, Fitting test and rectification
• Make sure samples production feasible by confirming actual fit and styling
• Size set and production sample approval
• Close interaction with customer designers and technical department such as Zara, lefties, onbipel, Pacsun , LTB, GUESS, Next.
• Range development including print research and sourcing fabric qualities, embellishment concept , washing and design presentation to buyers keeping their forecast in mind.
• Extensive product development for all the above-mentioned buyers including new customers.
Job-2 : BEXIMCO TEXTILES LTD.
• From May, 005 to July 2007 worked as a fashion designer in the Department of Design and Product Development. Here I designed and developed woven shirts, tops for the buyers Zara, Bershka, JCPenny, ASOP , assimo Dutti, C&A, G-Star, S Oliver, PVH etc. They picked and ordered of my casual and formal shirts regularly. Design and Development, Sampling, Embellishments, Washing, Garments Fitting, Costing, Correspondence with Marketing Team and Presentation were my key responsibilities.
Job-3 :MAYASIR Ltd.
• From Jan 2003 to April 2005 worked as an assistant fashion designer under the supervision of renowned fashion designer Maheen Khan. Design, Drafting, Sourcing, Sample and production follow up was my key responsibilities.
Details of Professional Skills:
Interested in working with posh people.
Well-presented, alert and perceptive.
Good Communication skills.
Team work ability and team building.
Creativity and innovative driven.
Computer Literacy-MS Office, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw, Internet.
■ MBA [In Textile and Apparel Marketing] From PrimeAsia University Passed in 2007with B grade.
■Diploma [Fashion Design] Passed in 2001 from Bangladesh Institute of Design(BID), qbal Road, Mohammadpur, haka.
■BSS [ Scocial Science] Passed in 2003 from Tejgoan College. Dhaka. Containing 2nd class with Management, Economics and Political Science.
■ HSC [Science] From Kushtia Govt. College. Passed in 1993 with 1st division.
■ SSC [Science] From Chuadanga V. J. Govt. High School. Passed in 1991 with 1st division.
■ Literature and Culture
■Travelling, observing natural beauty and converting it into Design
■ New technology and innovation in Textile and Garments Industry.
Mr. Masud Ahmed
Head of the department of fabric manufacturing, College of Textile Technology, Part time faculty, Primeasia University.
Mr. Sadruzzaman Rashel
Design and Product Development-BBC
Li and Fung (Bangladesh) Ltd.