To get more exposure, accept challenges, utilize skills and prove worth. Attain self-satisfaction by working in a stable, challenging environment where I can optimally utilize my skills and abilities while continuing to gro ***** CATION
***** FAST (National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences) Lahore, Pakistan.
MS / M. Phil (Computer Science).
(CGPA – 2. 83).
2001–2005 Punjab University College of Information
Technology, University of the Punjab,
B. Sc (Hons), Computer Science (I. T).
(CGPA - 3. 33).
***** CISA – Exam Qualified
C/C++ on Windows and Linux, Java, HTML, Shell Scripting and C#.
Microsoft Office, Rational Rose, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, Analyst Pro (Requirement Engineering Tool), SPSS, Test Complete etc.
Microsoft Windows 98/ NT/ 2000/ XP, Linux (Debian and Red Hat Flavors).
CCNA, MCSE – Concepts covered in the last semester of B. sc (Hons) Computer Sciences.
• Government Merit Scholarship in the form of fee waiver in BSc (HONS).
• Lahore Board Merit Scholarship on basis of Intermediate result.
• Merit Scholarship on basis of Matriculation ***** petitions
• Participated in Internal PUCIT Article Writing competition and got certificate of honorable.
• Participated one time in Quiz competition held in PUCIT.
• Fifth position in matriculation in school
• Third position in 7th semester at Punjab University College of Information Technology.
BSC(HONS) FINAL PROJECT
Development of Income Tax Return System
The main aim of this project is to develop an Income Tax Return system for the facilitation of Income Tax Payers in the filing of their Income Tax Returns.
• Knowledge Engineering (Artificial Intelligence). For the course of Artificial Intelligence, I did research on the above mentioned topic.
• Online Fire Insurance Management System. A project is done during (Requirement Engineering Course) in which, we have collected the requirements of the Fire Insurance Management System and develop the Domain Analysis Document, Requirements Specifications and Functional Specifications and also perform the requirements validation activity.
• Evaluating quality of the product oriented organization using agile methodologies. A project is done during the (SQA & MGMT course) in which, we have collected the data from the product oriented organization using the agile methods for development on the basis of different quality parameters like Project size, resources, change requests etc. We have also analyzed that data using SPSS. We have accepted and rejected the hypothesis on the basis of the results produced by SPSS.
Information System Audits and Quality Standards.
Software Engineering (Requirements Engineering, Quality Engineering).
Wants to become a certified of (CISM, COBIT, ITIL, ISMS, ITSM, PMP and SAP Certifications.
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
I am member of ISACA (Information Systems Audit and Control Association. ISACA is the organization based in US and serving IT Governance professionals from thirty years ago.
CISA Exam Qualified – held on December 2009.
I have worked as a “Software Quality Assurance Engineer and Technical Content Writer” in a software house “Mindshare-Solutions” based in Lahore, Pakistan (March 2006 - Sep 2006).
Develop software requirement specification documents, Develop test case documents and perform the activities of testing/quality assurance according to the test cases developed during test case documentation. Here, I had worked on WorkFlow Automation system developed for a UK based bank.
I have worked as a Change and Compliance Officer at OVEX Technologies [June 2008 – July 2009] ] and support the USA based client En Pointe Technologies (Our Parent Company) on the following:
• Managing/implementing changes and standard controls in the organization for better governance. These controls may be general controls, IS/IT Security Controls based on different standards like COBIT, ITIL, ITSM, Quality Standards and other Compliance standards like SOX IT Controls.
• Daily reports preparation regarding SOX IT Controls like change management system, SAP Security, IS Security Policy, and other Policies like IT etc.
• Trainings: Conduct trainings in the organization related to improve quality and information security awareness and current issues faced by the organization. These sessions initiated by us or these can be arranged on employees requests.
• Internal Audit Activities: Conducting audits of different standards like ISO 9001:2000 (QMS)/ISO ***** . My area of responsibility in audit was software development division of the organization. Software development division contains (Software development team, E-Biz Team (Business Analysts), Quality Assurance Team). IT system audit activities prioritization and planning like auditing artifacts produced during the development of software using a specific SDLC like Agile, Waterfall etc.
• ERP – Information Security (SAP Security): Our organization was using SAP as Enterprise Resource Planning Software. I was also involved in implementing SAP – Security and Change Management Process within the OVEX/Enpointe Technologies. Reviewing and auditing SAP – Security and change requests to be compliant with the company policies as well as other legal compliance standards like SOX.
• Compliance Standards: Other standards on which we had worked were CMM/CMMI, ISO ***** (ISMS), ISO ***** (IT Services Delivery), SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) etc.
• Defining Policies and Processes: Our department also defined the policy/processes using the above mentioned standards and their control objectives. We defined the policies for the whole organization (En Pointe as well as Ovex Technologies. These policies include IT Policies, Quality management policies, Business continuity and IT Disaster recovery policies, Information security policies and Change Management policies etc. To comply with all these policies we had also defined the processes for good governance / IT Governance.
• Business Continuity Planning: Developing Business continuity and Disaster Recovery policy and plans for Ovex Technologies as well as for En Pointe Technologies, USA, (Parent Company).
• COBIT – IT Governance (Control Objectives for IT and Related Technologies): I had also worked on COBIT Standard for implementing best practices of IT Governance at the organization.
THIRD Currently, I am working as a Software Quality Assurance Engineer at ***** International and support the USA based client AAJ Technologies (Our Parent Company) on the following:
• Security/Penetration Testing of the web based applications.
• Test Automation activities using test automation tools like Test Complete.
• ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System and CMMI based processes definition, implementation and review activities.
• Defining and designing processes for organization by using the standard models like CMMI and ISO.
• Develop the test plans, test cases of web based applications and also working on Microsoft ERP MS Dynamics.
• Execution of the developed test cases as per test plan on the web applications to assure the quality of the applications as well as check the compliance of application with the already defined system requirements.
• I have successfully completed following projects at ***** :
o MS Dynamics CRM
o Kerzner International (Web Application for online hotel booking system)
o Trilogy Inc (Desktop Application for order fulfillment system)
o FWC – Permit System (worked on Online Payment Module)
TEACHING EXPERIENCE [PART TIME]:
I have worked as a “Teaching Assistant” for the course “Software Process Management and Metrics” at FAST – NUCES (Lahore Campus) in Spring 2009 semester.
My responsibility was to handle the student’s semester projects and assignments offered in above mentioned course. I had offered the following projects in this course:
• COBIT mapping on CMM
• ITIL / ISO ***** , ISO ***** , ISO 9001:2008; GAP Analysis, Processes development and defining metrics for the processes developed for the specific standard implementation in the companies related to IT services business.
• Secure software development process.
• Business Continuity Planning using (ISACA Guidelines).
• Change Management Process development.