Neil P. *****
SUMMARY: Diversified financial executive with senior management experience as Vice President, CFO, Controller, Credit and Portfolio Risk Management. Proven leader with ability to quickly improve an organizations cash flow, credit controls and bottom line. Innovative problem solver with change management abilities to get the job done while minimizing prevalent risk and cost.
EXPERIENCE: Indequipos Group, Katy, TX
Chief Financial Officer, Vice President U. S. Operations *****
• Hired to transform, update medium size oil field service company systems, controls, financial reporting and administrative processes. Increase U. S. equipment representation/sales agreements and expand company credit facilities and improve Treasury functions and controls. Established new consolidated financial reporting and group closing schedules. Established Global Cash Management reporting system and increased vendor credit lines. Significantly improved project due diligence and financial assessment tools and analysis.
Shell Oil Company Houston, TX
Director, M&A, Shell Downstream Inc, 2005 – 2007
• Special position created to develop a Global Post Closing Rights and Obligations control system (PCRO) for Oil Products. Direct liaison between internal/external legal staff and third parties throughout the world.
• Established international teams (Credit, Legal, HSSE, Finance, M&A) along with controls and accounting syste ***** eeded to effectively manage PCRO issues for the entire enterprise.
• Directly negotiated the settlement of multi-million dollar PCRO disputes.
Chief Financial Officer, Shell Chemical Risk Management Company, *****
• Managed all financial activity in support of a chemicals derivatives trading company including credit risk assessments, cost of credit scoring models, CVAR measurement, ISDA Master Agreements, Credit Annex establishment and Mark to Market accounting controls. Created innovative international credit procedures to better control letters of credit, create credit offsets and measure the cost of credit for both sales and purchase agreements.
• Reported to President and Board of Directors and had frequent trade negotiations with third parties regarding letters of credit, corporate and bank guarantees and negotiated third party debt settlements.
• Received special recognition awards for bad debt set-off and collection (70% recovery from Enron bankruptcy) and physical backing of chemical derivatives.
Controller, Shell Chemical Risk Management Company, *****
• Extensive counterparty SEC reporting analysis (10K, 10Q). Cost of credit establishment thru complex equivalent ratings and scoring.
• Directed company financial reporting and controls. Worked closely with the Treasury Department in debt management, cash forecasting and establishing optimal gearing ratios.
• Overall adherence to corporate policies and procedures.
• FAS-133 accounting consultant.
• Managed Audit Committee reporting and due diligence oversight.
Credit Director - Shell Chemical Company - *****
• Established state of art credit risk assessment systems while maintaining $500MM receivable portfolio at best in class in bad debts for the industry.
• Served as a consultant for the development of Dun & Bradstreet RAM Software.
• Established unite credit controls into SAP order placement system.
• Guest speaker and Track Chair at National Collections & Credit Risk Conference (Topic: Effective Management of a Debt Portfolio)
• Integrated credit controls into SAP order placement system.
• Served on numerous Credit committees for debtor in possession accounts.
• 1996 Chemical Champions of Quality Award. (DSO improvement)
Credit Director - Pecten International, *****
• Managed $100MM receivable portfolio while issuing credit to customers in 36 countries around the world.
• Managed worldwide exposures, risk assessments, and letters of credit support.
• Established innovative Price of Non-conformance credit measurement.
• Incorporated ABC principles in making credit line decisions.
Corporate Auditor, Shell Oil Company, *****
• Audited all major entities of Shell Oil Company.
• Recognized for work in defalcation investigations, statistical systems utilization and team management skills.
OTHER SKILLS: Proficient in both mainframe and PC based systems, SAP, Windows, Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, Internet, and Intranet.
Supplemental course completions include Communications, Presentations, Leadership, Team Building, Problem Solving, Credit Management and ***** CATION: University of Houston, Houston, Texas 1999
Master in Business Administration, Honors Graduate. 3. 70 GPA (Company sponsored Executive MBA Program)
Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts
Bachelor of Science Degree
Major – Finance, Five Year Co-op degree, Class President
Neil P. *****