Peter P. *****
High integrity, diligent and conscientious professional with over ten years experience managing an international food export company.
• Focuses on the improvement of plant performance, production, quality systems and employee performance in a manufacturing environment.
• Seeks and finds solutions to challenges by “thinking out of the box”.
• Self-driven and self-reliant - sets high goals and targets and leads by example.
• Highly energetic and physically very fit; get the job done; contagious positive “can do” attitude.
• A good “fire fighter”; can troubleshoot and make sound, quick decisions.
• Understands employees.
• Founded the unlimited company, ***** Aeolica SA; specializing in Organic Greek food products;
Visit the website at www. feta7. gr
• Managed the company with a 1. 5 million Euro annual turnover.
• Built an international customer base in the UK, Japan, Germany, Norway, France and Holland.
• Pioneered Organic farming on Lesvos Island in 1998 by organizing, supporting and training local farmers in organic farming methods.
• Attained the 1st Organic feta cheese certification in Greece given by a Greek agency in 2001.
• Produced the 1st Organic Kosher Greek Feta in Europe.
• Supplying Organic Greek Feta cheese to J Sainsbury’s Supermarkets and Whole Foods Market in the UK since 2006.
Experience and Strengths
• Built ***** Aeolica from the ground up and then coordinated and managed all aspects of a progressive single manufacturing plant to provide products that meet quality, cost, volume, service standards and UK and US regulations.
• As a plant manager during the renovation of the dairy facility in 2009, installed with craftsman the new production equipment and modified it to fit our production procedures. Continued on with maintenance of the machinery.
• Skilled in Total Quality Management, leadership, team building and employee relations.
• As a production manager, managed the production via effective use of the Continuous Improvement Programs and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
• As a Quality Assurance Manager, developed, implemented and then managed the following Food Safety Systems:
BRC (British Retail Consortium)
ISO ***** :2005 Quality Control Standards
• Created enjoyable working environment in the plant. End result was an evolution among the employees from a reactive quality control mentality, to a proactive quality execution.
• Experienced in making Greek Feta, Hard Greek cheese and traditional Greek yogurt. Provided technical support and problem solving in cheese production and product performance issues.
• Developed new processing and cheese making techniques for improving product quality and improving production efficiencies.
• 7/1999 to 7/2011 ***** AEOLICA SA; Mytilene, Greece; Co-Founder & Managing Director
Types of 3 Facilities: Dairy Factory
Olive Oil Bottling Facility
Wholesale Distribution of Fruit and Vegetables Outlet.
• 6/1995 to 7/1999 GERMANOS BATTERIES, Mytilene, Greece; Owner & Technical Manager Hi Tech Retail Store (Franchise).
• 8/1993 to 7/1995
CHRIS PAN S. A. Athens, Greece; Quality Control Manager
Production of PS and PP plastic household items.
• 7/1992 to 7/1995
INTELLTECH S. A. Athens, Greece; Program Manager of EU-funded programs focusing on improving the production and quality control systems of Greek companies.
• 10/1990 to 7/1992 GREEK AIRFORCE Mandatory Military Service
Maintenance and repairing of Phantom F-4E Air ***** cation and Qualifications
• 1/ ***** /1990 Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA; MS in Mechanical Engineering.
• 9/ ***** /1987 The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH; BS in Mechanical Engineering.
• Fluent in both English and Greek.
• Experience with car, boat and motorcycle engines.
• Excellent knowledge of MS Excel for analyzing data statistically, carrying out economic analysis and solving complicated optimization problems.
• Expert knowledge of Statistical Quality Control Tools for cost-conscious industrial management (Managing for Total Quality via Deming, Juran, Crosby, Imai’s Kaizen and SPC).
• Licensed Professional Engineer no. ***** by the Technical Chamber of Greece which is a member of the European Council of Applied Sciences and Engineering.
• Licensed Engineer in Maintenance of Phantom F-4E Air Fighters.
• Peter ***** , “Failure Instability of Interacting cracks”, Advanced Composites in Emerging Technologies, Editors S. A. Paipetis, T. P. Philippides, Amatec Publications, 1991, ***** .
• “Europe promotes programs for new innovations in packaging“, Food and Drinks, No. 155, October 1992, ***** .
• “Quality- Change in Mentality“, Chamber of Lesvos Magazine, No. 1, September 1998, 8-10.
Peter P. *****