9/2010 – Present Hollister Insurance Brokerage Clinton, MA
Director of Property & Casualty
Launching the Property and Casualty Division within an employee benefit firm. Responsible for acquiring appointments with insurance companies and special programs. Working to cross sell the current benefit clients and prospecting companies. Involved in hiring sales staff.
6/2002 – 8/2010 PRINTING INDUSTRIES OF NEW ENGLAND Southborough, MA
Graphic Arts Insurance Agency
Director of Insurance Services
Printing Industries of New England (PINE) is an association serving the commercial printing & graphic communication industry. As Director of Insurance Services, responsibilities involved managing the growth of PINE’s insurance services including Graphic Arts Insurance Agency, Inc. , PINE Health Benefit Trust, and Graphic Arts Compensation Group, a self insured workers compensation group.
A 37% growth was achieved, due to implementing strong sales procedures and visitation of members. Improved relationships with insurance companies based on current results and target marketing. New markets and products were introduced for staff to sell to members. Achieved better communication and loss controlled services from the Third Party Administrator for PINE’s self-insured workers’ compensation group.
Was responsible for budget functions and presenting quarterly results to the Board of Directors. Direct contact with members included selling and servicing of insurance programs for their operations. For eight years I increased the agency’s income, maintained expenses, and exceed budget profit number.
3/1999 – 6/2002 AQUENT INSURANCE BROKERAGE SERVICES Boston, MA
Responsible for starting, from formation, a national insurance brokerage firm for Aquent Inc. , an international provider for independent professionals. Aquent Inc. was established in 1988 and is located in 36 cities and 11 countries. Achieved, within the first nine months, original objectives of establishing the firm, licensing the firm in 48 states plus DC, and overseeing the implementation of an interactive website to sell insurance to prospects. Obtained appointments with 40 plus insurance companies throughout the nation based on the business model. Services focused on Health, Dental and Business Insurance for Independent Professionals and small firms. Production doubled in 2001 and 2002. Niche market sales had a 300% increase. Implemented a marketing plan to develop affinity group business and align sales with certain carriers and products.
Within a year of formation, a private label health product was introduced to benefit a significant segment of the web leads and affinity group leads. Two national affinity groups appointed AIBS as their sponsored insurance broker. Ninety percent of selling and servicing prospects was done via the e-commerce website. Positive results were due to focusing on a consulting sales approach utilizing the website.
1/ ***** /1999 THE MCDUFFEE INSURANCE AGENCY Merrimack, NH
• Perform preliminary underwriting of accounts and negotiate with underwriters for insurance proposals.
• Supervise the marketing staff.
• Maintain insurance companies' production requirements and develop new relationships within the insurance industry.
• Work with sales staff to define sales strategies and educate staff regarding changes in insurance products and rating software.
• Negotiated stand alone new business growth plans with six companies for 1998 and 1999, in addition to standard contingency plans. 1998 plan generated an extra $150, 00 in income.
4/ ***** /1997 INDEPENDENT AGENT AND AGENCY CONSULTANT Sudbury, MA
I worked with several agencies as an independent agent and consultant. Following are some consulting assignments:
• Reviewed internal procedures, hired sales personnel and established contracts with insurance companies for an insurance agency.
• Organize the operations and procedures for a start-up insurance agency. This work continued to establish the agency's presence in Massachusetts. Worked with the principal in obtaining an agreement to develop a building materials industry program and a respected national insurance company contract.
• Performed peer review for a local agency. Audited all commercial accounts, reviewing for errors and omissions, improving coverages, and servicing issues. Negotiated the terms of a book rollover and worked directly with underwriters on each account. Assisted with implementing of and training on a new computer system.
6/ ***** /1992 UNITED INTERNATIONAL BROKERS Braintree, MA
• Supervise the service, sales and claims staff.
• Reorganized and initiated primary account responsibility to maximize productivity.
• Assisted in growth from eight million to eighteen million in written premiums.
• Form of a stand-alone marketing department with three marketers.
• Lead development of new relationships and signing of contracts with seven insurance companies and lead three mergers and acquisition of other agencies.
• Prepared a sales kit improving selling techniques and the securing of underwriting information; increasing the close ratio.
2/ ***** /1989 CORROON & BLACK, INC. , Boston, MA
Manager of Special Account Division
• Established commercial accounts department growing in three years to a division with annual premiums of $19, 00, 00 and a staff of twenty-one.
• Prepared annual budgets, profit plans, and individual staff objectives.
• Managed servicing and marketing problems.
• Maintained insurance companies' production requirements
• Member of committee responsible for obtaining contract with Defense Research Institute to organize national Lawyers' Professional Liability program.
• Responsible for daily promotion and underwriting of program.
• Appointed to the Eastern Region's Young Professional Council as a charter member in 1987.
• On merger and acquisition team
8/ ***** /1985 FRANK B. HALL & COMPANY, INC New York, NY
• Serviced accounts in sixteen states for a national church insurance ***** CATION
HARVARD UNIVERSITY Cambridge, MA
Graduate Certificate of Special Studies in Business Administration and Management,
Concentration on Managing and Implementation of Organizational Change
BENTLEY COLLEGE, Waltham, MA
Bachelor of Science in Business Management
Concentration in Accounting
REFERENCES: Upon request