To become a leading professional by way of innovative technical skills and identifying rooms for improvement and implementing the actions
Major roles in current and previous jobs
Creating Four Years of Business Plan for LNG Manufacturing Unit
Creating Work Plan and Budgeting for four years for LNG Manufacturing Unit
Tracking and Gap measurements for Volumetric Downtime and Vulnerable for LNG Manufacturing Unit
Operations Reliability Assessment for LNG Manufacturing Unit to Asses the performance of LNG Assets and Sales Gas asset
Screening , election and Budgeting for Asset Team Opportunity List
Focal point for Ras Gas Manufacturing for 7th Sense Management initiative for Business control
Develop engineering change packages and monitor the execution of engineering change activities. Ensure technical standards are maintained and that jobs are closed out and recorded in the CMMS.
Work in conjunction with facility personnel to identify long-term maintenance and resolve operability issues including associated budgetary impacts.
Understand the regulatory regime and design standards applicable to hydrocarbon Operations
Mentor the Process Engineer roles, and provide functional guidance to other discipline engineers/operations personnel as required.
Review the P&ID, rocess calculation works Simulation results provided by the Process Engineers for new projects
Providing advice for the ReHazop activities for action close outs(by referring to proper API standards and ASME standards)
Opex and Capex monitoring, KPI monitoring of the asset. Risk Coordination for the Asset. RCFA Coordination and Volumetric Down time Improvement
Conducting RCFA’s, Meridium installation and preparing charts , iagrams and parito analysis for Reliability and volumetric downtime analysis
Established processes for improvement of Plant performanceConducted Conceptual design risk analysis for new designs, Project Risk Analysis for new projects
Skills and major accomplishment
Overall nineteen years of experience in Gas processing, LNG and Petrochemical in process engineering and Asset Management
• Commissioned two petrochemical plants comprising of distillation columns, pumps, furnaces, reciprocating compressors, driers.
• Business plan, orkplan and Budgeting, Capital expenses tracking and Opex tracking and improvement for Manufacturing(LNG) business
• Provided technical support for detailed engineering.
• Provided technical solutions for improvement of unit operations.
• Provided technical solutions for distillation column operations in petrochemical and gas plants.
• Provided technical support for molecular sieve loading in gas plant.
• Provided technicalsupport for new designs in gas processing plant.
• Provided technical support for controller tuning and control philosophies.
• Problem solver for slug catcher removal facilities/production error fixing/separator level control problems/furnace efficiency improvement.
• Adopted Energy saving methodologies.
• Provided suggestions for costing of the products.
• Procedure creation for pestart up, tart up and commissioning.
• Monthly mass balance report preparation for finance, nergy loss management for gas processing plants(to an accuracy of 99. 97%)
• Developed operating guidelines and trained operators for operation.
• Conducted periodical auditing of plant performance with shells bench marking exercise.
• Audit against the commercial plant targets.
• Developed the strategies to improve the gap like improvement of propane and butane production.
• Developed Process safety and risk management program for the company.
• Provided Process engineering support to Turnarounds.
• Provide technical support for process inspection.
• Process engineering support to small projects and conceptual design.
• Conducted Hazop study for the new designs.
• Simulation experience, model creation in HYSIS, CON software
• Conducted SIL study for the Plant
• Conducted RCFA for the Major trips and Volumetric Down time Improvement activities and Reliability Improvement activities
• Bachelor of chemical engineering, 991, nnamalai University, India.
Secured first ***** puter skills:
Good knowledge in MS word, xcel, ower point, otus applications
1. 2007- till date – Ras Gas Company Ltd. , atar:Process Engineering Specialist(LNG Manufacturing)
o KPI Improvement for the LNG Manufacturing Unit
o Surveilance program implementation for LNG units
o Process engineering evaluation on equipment performance
o Process engineering evaluation for unit operations including compressors and turbines
o Shutdown job screening
o Reliability, Availability, Capacity Utilization Assessment and Improvement
o Business Plan Preparation for the Plant
o Contracts related to the asset
o Capex and Opex Monitoring
o Risk Reduction of the Plant
o Process Engineering coordination for Design Improvement activities
o Training coordination for Engineers and Operations Personnel
o Business Process Improvement
o Compilation of Asset Issue register
Weekly Volumetric downtime measured and Improvement areas identified and improved(Reliability Improved to 99% and Capacity Utilization went upto 100 %)
New technology evaluation carried out
Process advisory notes issued for operational issues
Plant optimization initiative carried out
Resolved foaming issues in AGR absorber
Carried out periodical LNG turbines and compressor performance evaluations and improvements implemented
• Tier 1 Leadership training By Simul, Canada
• Strategic Leadership training By Simul, anada
• Level 1 Emergency response training
• Steven Covey’s 7 habits of Successful people
• Art of Business planning
• Site basic training in fertilizer and fine chemicals plant.
• DCS training on Yokogawa , Tata honey well DCS system and Foxboro
• Training on energy audit.
• Training on Process design calculations
1. 2004–2007-Petronas gas bhd, ertih, alaysia:Process technologist, PPB
Roles and responsilities:
• Providing technology solution for process improvement and specifically product recovery unit which has distillation columns.
• Provided technical support for bad actors.
• Providing mass balance data for finance accounting and energy loss management.
• Providing technical support for furnace efficiency improvement.
• Providing technical support for short term TA acitivities.
• Providing technical support for new designs and design reviews.
• Providing technical support for energy loss management.
• Procedure creation for prestart up and some operations according to design requirements.
• Simulation study for new design.
• The recommendation on improvement in dethaniser column made a good reduction in propane carryover and steam reduction in the deeethaniser column(cost saving 302K RM per annum).
• Strategies to improve trips in furnaces
• Improvements made in LPG column by way of implementing new control philosophies which prevented I-pentane carryover.
• Improvements made in Level transmitter and flow transmitter improved the performance which resulted in less trips.
• GPTA meter errors brought down.
• Slug catcher liquid removal facility brought in line which was not working since commissioning which brought a good saving to the company by way of flare loss minimization and condensate recovery.
• Mass balance error brought down to 0%.
• Wet drain header operating procedure created to mitigate the abnormal scenarios.
• Water boots problems identified and rectification plan under progress.
• Areas of improvement in furnace efficiency identified.
• Areas of improvement for interlocks bypass problem identified and procedure created.
• Plant monitoring system created to find out the process upsets.
• Customer complaints resolving.
• Control philosophies of distillation columns modified to prevent the upsets during the operation. (Also tuning is carried out for controllers)
Problems worked on:
• Acid gas removal unit in Gas processing plant optimization.
• Control philosophy modification for LPG column.
• Premature moisture breakthrough on molecular sieves.
• Furnace efficiency /reliability improvements.
• IPF study on interlocks bypass.
• Feed liquid filter efficiency improvement.
• Energy loss management.
• Water boot separator performance.
• Feed gas and feed liquid quality improvement.
• Slugcatcher pump modifications
Training courses conducted:
• Basic principles of controller tuning.
• Basic operation principles of slugcatcher liquid removal facility.
• Basic technology training for technologists.
• Acid gas removal units, roduct recovery units operation.
Mass balance using sigmafine---- in RITEM , for intra Petronas OPUs)
Submitted for approval for OSEA the same paper as mentioned above.
Operations and Reliability Assessment for Manufacturing Unit in Reliability team
Successfully completed the TPCP assessment. (Consultant, r. Jack Rubin, /s Mecip)
2. ***** -Optimal chemicals Sdn bhd. Kertih, alaysia, peration specialist:
A joint venture of Petronas sdn bhd. , Malaysia and DOW USA. Turnover of more than 1 billion dollars per annum. Manufacturing derivatives of propylene oxide and propylene glycol.
Roles and responsibilities held:
• Commissioning of derivatives plant which involve ethanol amine distillation columns.
• Adviser for operation procedure creation/Prestart up checklist preparation for routine/abnormal operations.
• PSSR, azop activity technical support.
• Loss prevention principle adviser.
• Operations adviser for trouble shooting.
• Technical support for DSR.
• FAT for Fox boro DCS.
• Training the operators on new procedures.
• Flow sheet and P&ID review.
• Commissioned the plant with zero incident, ccident, nd spill and in time.
• Modified the interlocks to prevent hazardous scenarios.
• Created the procedure for tank truck unloading for propylene oxide and first time unloading with zero spills.
• 120 punch list items found and rectified in PSSR.
• Site basic safety training.
• Basic fire fighting training.
• Handling breathing apparatus training.
• Fox boro DCS operation training.
• Technology training.
• Six sigma training.
• Team building training.
Training courses conducted:
• Basic operation and trouble shooting training for operators on unit operations.
3. ***** -Manali petrochemical Limited. , Deputy Manager (operations)
A subsidiary of SPIC group, a leading manufacturer of fertilizer, petrochemicals, fine chemicals.
The company involved in the production of propylene oxide, propylene glycol and polyol
Roles and responsibilities held:
• In charge of daily production of the plant.
• Technical services activity.
• Small capital projects execution.
• Project coordination and execution monitoring.
• Precommisioning and commissioning of the plant which involves propylene glycol distillation columns.
• Creating ISO 9001 documents and coordination for external audit.
• Insurance audit coordinator.
• Design review for small projects.
• Coordination with detail engineering companies like UHDE for P&ID review, FD review, Design safety review.
• Turn Around coordinator.
• Adviser for energy saving improvement.
• Safety audit coordinator.
• Report writing and analysis of reports. (for management information system).
• ISO 9000 documentation preparation and internal audits.
• Liaison for external inspection agencies like pollution control board, DOE etc. ,
• Preliminary design support (like flow process flow sheet preparation, odeling etc. ,
• Successfully commissioned Propylene oxide plant, propylene glycol plant and polyol plant.
• Suggestions made to improve the propylene glycol column performance improvement.
• Energy audit carried out and steam trap loss and other energy saving measures adopted which brought in good amount of money for the company.
• Poor filtration performance improved by way of adopting new methodologies which saved the filter aid cost and filter down time.
• Introduced new fuel oil additives to increase the fuel efficiency which produced a saving of 5% on fuel consumption.
• Customer complaints brought to nil by way of plant monitoring system adoption.
Training courses conducted:
• Basic technology training for engineers.
• Operation training for operators.
• Methodologies to be adopted for improving the filter performance.
• Commitment to accomplish the task.
• New technology study and plant performance improvement.
• New design study.
• Business plans and International exposure for New Business Opportunities
Playing games, reading motivational and engineering magazines and journals.
If I have been given a chance I will perform the duties to the fullest satisfaction of the management.
o Marital status: Married.
o Number of children: two.
o Nationality: Indian
o Gender: Male