My Business Is a Television and filming business.
Trust me i am running a million dollar business . ***** ***** is a black emerging Television and Film Production company specializing in strategies and resources to sell true life stories for TV and Film in South Africa for the black emerging market. Our approach is different – we go to the people – in their homes, in their cities, townships, rural and deep rural areas in search for a good story to tell. We will expressly target investments in the motion picture and television industry in South Africa. In which we look for three key elements that are very important to any development executive or producer considering the project i. e. the story, the key characters, and the commercial viability of the project. Our target markets are widespread – from modern, urban, cosmopolitan blacks, black professionals who are original, unadulterated, honest and unapologetic as we tackle subjects of the challenges they face as they strive to achieve their dreams in our films and TV. We also do television that is news-driven, that thrive on pop- culture. So any current issues or events can be the subject of a movie or series produced by ***** ***** . Our methods are uniquely transparent offering first-hand insights into these fascinating diverse stories. We thrive on doing things differently – our end results reveal frontiers of knowledge previously unknown to enable the development of sustainable marketing strategies.
***** ***** puts itself in line of being viewed by advertisers as a platform to connect the black emerging market, as we resonate with companies that are trying to reach Mzansi’s black emerging market. If a brand wants to embed itself with the black culture ***** ***** is what you need, our brand not only uses the media in shaping the black culture but must also embed itself in the message. That will be art, fashion, music and digital media a heavily influence black culture. Our objectives are becoming increasingly profit motivated and project oriented because we know that every project has a customer. This is a highly competitive environment where television, radio, the press, magazine, outdoor media, online media are competing for a very limited pool of advertising money.
The company seeks to travel the road of ideas, information and communication in order for us to awaken our consciousness. Like the words of the late E’skia Mphahlele say, “the deepening of our awareness and an expansion of horizon eventually arrives at the point where we feel confident that we count in the international forum where television programmers and film is concern”.
The company has been operating since 2007. Reginalt ***** , the founding member of the company has identified that there is a need for the awareness of South African stories- local is lekker. Close to 7 million people are tuned onto television on a day to day basis. Our elite South Africans, now the working class included are now watching DSTV. DSTV channels are predominantly international, with the exception of the SABC 1, 2 & 3, ETV, Africa Magic and a few others. The most watched are channels are E! ***** , The Style Network, Sony ***** , MNet Movies 1 & 2, MNet Series and a lot more. Most of the reality programs hype and glorify the lives of international celebrities such as Kimora-Lee Simmons, The Kardasians. Due to such glorification, you find that the upcoming youth praise and follow such characters, forgetting our own celebrities. There are a lot of South African celebrities that could be compared to such. The likes of Khanyisile Mbau, Kelly Khumalo and many others lead lives that are worth publicizing as much as we do the lives of Paris Hilton and other international celebrities. ***** aims to create shows that will fulfill this neglected task. The project is called Mzansi’s Royalties. People love seeing themselves and to identify with the character and to be a nation with culture we need to tell our stories.
Presently, the company is getting business support from Shanduka Black Umbrella and has a staff of four dynamic young people and the demand for local content especially in Film. We aim to employ more professional individuals to help in other fields, however in the mean time, finances are holding us back therefore we will continue to make all ends meet with what we have. The company is run by a motivated and capable management team. There are four sections of organization, namely that of the Agent, Television Producer and director, Creative concept creator and Development Executives. This has a very strong social impact with the employment that it will create. Staff welfare and training supports all sections.
Reginalt ***** : Founder of ***** ***** , a graduate in Art of Drama, Script Writer and Director
Nosipho September: Producer, Creative Concept Creator
Limpho Kou: Intern, Dramatic Arts at the Witwatersrand University
Luyolo Sodzidzi: Editor and a graduate from Atlas school filming
The company intends to continue to incorporate in its production with the latest technology and will in future further develop brand ***** and advert ***** . With the launch of the Internet of’ course there are some fundamental differences between conventional TV and Internet TV, production cost at least for internet TV are substantially lower i. e. getting more people on line.
- From an early stage our focus has been to stay true to our story telling by sourcing out the best stories to tell via TV and Film.
- To operate differently to our competitors
- To allow investors to take a bigger risk on local stories that have a following which translate to commercial viability
- To find solutions within our own structure i. e. do more local films even if it is low budget films
- To create a movement where people are taught through good stories & an opportunity to share their own incredible life experiences.
- To create a market place where investors meets new talent so to allow new directors, producers & actors to show off their talent
- To make more smaller independent films based on well known SA stories which make up our daily newspaper headlines
- To produce 10 films a year
- To create a sustainable industry by educating people and developing a dependable local filmmakers & writers on our own stories
- Increase local content market share for Film Production in the Johannesburg area, by providing inside strategies and resources to sell your true life stories for TV or film in South Africa
- Produce at least 2 films in a month, 1 goes straight to DVD and the other hits the big screen based on a true South African story
- Once we have a good story to tell which we look at, three key elements that are very important to any development executive or producer considering your project i. e. the story, the key character and the commercial viability of the project
- Market our TV and film on the internet since we are looking into Internet Television
- Research and develop South African true stories
My Business Is a Television and filming business.