Highly respected Senior Management professional with extensive experience of Data, Document Management and Mailing Industries. Over 15 years experience in developing and delivering bespoke solutions to meet client needs, focussing on process improvement, new product development and service delivery.
Royal Mail 1970 – 2011
Data Reseller Channel Manager 2008 – 2011
Managed relationship with 50+ data companies responsible for reselling Royal Mail data. Successfully achieved 15% annual growth targets on total annual revenue of £2m+, utilising consultative selling approach.
- Developed recruitment strategy resulting in a 12. 5% increase in the number of Resellers.
- Successfully extended the Reseller market to the USA.
- Introduced the concept of “fixed price” licensing to enable Resellers to successfully retain existing business and win new clients. Worked consultatively with numerous Resellers to extend existing/win new business with clients e. g. TV Licensing, Loyalty Management Group, Matalan.
- Designed and implemented new simplified licensing arrangements for core data products.
- Effectively acted as mentor to new team members.
Service Delivery Manager 2001 – 2008
Played a major role in the initial planning and development of Royal Mail Data Services. Prime responsibility for B2C product development. Overall responsibility for the delivery of RM data products and services, building and leading a team of 20 people. Established a supplier framework to support the fulfilment and delivery of services. Responsible for relationship management with companies in the supplier framework, including monitoring performance against agreed SLAs. Responsible for financial reporting for the data team.
- Played a key role in developing Royal Mail Data Services from a concept to a £6m+ business.
- Designed, developed and launched the Universal Suppression Service (USS) file, generating £1m+ revenue per annum.
- Developed, built and lead Client Services team acting as key focus for all data related customer enquiries.
- Designed and developed Royal Mail’s Returned Mail Handling Service, including the implementation of 2D barcode solutions, resulting in a service that now generates £1m+ revenue per annum.
- Provided technical and consultancy support to front-line sales teams resulting in numerous “wins” generating £2m+ new business.
Operational Services & Project Manager 1997 – 2001
Responsible for the initial design and development and subsequent delivery of Royal Mail’s document scanning service. Live inbound correspondence was intercepted in the mail stream and the contents scanned, with images delivered directly to customers workflow systems. Built and lead a team of 100+ people across 2 sites to facilitate delivery of services to numerous clients in various sectors, including financial services, retail and government.
- Designed, developed and delivered the operational sites on time within stretching timescales.
- Designed and developed a sophisticated costing model.
- Designed and developed standard contract and Service Level Agreement documents.
- Successfully negotiated the first document scanning service contract with Barclays Home Finance. Also successfully managed and developed the ongoing relationship with this customer.
- Prepared and presented the successful ITT response to Bradford & Bingley for processing their AGM & SGM vote responses.
- Personally responsible for negotiating and winning several contracts with various customers including HBoS, npower, Chartered Trust, Heath Insurance, Liverpool Victoria etc.
- Successfully identified and converted sales opportunities in Local Authority sector.