To develop a career in growing and developing businesses by implementing new management methodologies, managing changes and decision oriented analysis in a challenging and rewarding environment which entails latest management and business knowledge, process improvement and six sigma expertise, strong leadership, able decision making, detailed analytical ability & pleasant interpersonal skills
1) Rahimafrooz Batteries Limited (June 2008 to till date)
Manager/Head of, Project Management Office (June 2008 to till date)
1. Maintain and continuously develop a standardized project management methodology, process, and tools for efficient and effective delivery of projects. Establish PM culture.
2. Coordinate, evaluate and update the strategic decisions of business development.
3. Assist COO as an MR (Management Representative) to develop divisional (Rahimafrooz Storage Power Division) 5 year strategy.
4. Monitor and review strategic business plan achievement status.
5. Provide support functions to project managers (e. g. coaching, mentoring, project planning, training)
6. Roll out Continuous Improvement process in the company
7. Initiate and develop Best Business Practices such as Six Sigma, Quality improvement, Benchmarking etc.
8. Screen all ideas and select those meeting the laid down criteria for further evaluation.
9. Analyze projects and link it to bottom-line benefit.
10. Maintain liaise with different departments/units to ensure preparation of project charter and feasibility report for each selected project. ***** anize approval process with Group Parent Company/BOD for all selected projects
12. Maintain Project portfolio (active/accepted/rejected/etc)
13. Present monthly report to SBU management on the status of the project portfolio
B) Major projects (Rahimafrooz Batteries Limited)
1. Global Strategy, Vision 2017: Assisted, evaluated and coordinated the global strategy preparation project of Rahimafrooz Batteries ***** At present monitoring successful implementation of objectives/action plans taken into consideration in the global strategy.
Outcome: A Strategic plan for Rahimafrooz Batteries Ltd was made.
2. Group Strategy, Vision 2015: At present, assisting the COO to develop V2015 strategy for storage power division.
3. Roll out Stake in the Ground (SITG): Assisted consultant to roll out SITG concept in the company. SITG is a set of innovative financial reporting, segment analysis and improvement through project activities which allows the company to keep on hitting the PBT/EBIDTA on a monthly basis.
Outcome: Successful implemented and now continuously monitored.
4. Roll out Project Management Concept: Developed Project Management Guideline, templates and reporting format.
Outcome: The deployment is in progress.
5. Battery Quality Improvement Project: Working as a coordinator of Battery Quality Improvement project which is initiated to improve current battery quality as well as sustain competitive cost advantage.
Outcome: The project is on-going.
2) ***** Limited (August 2003 to May 2008)
a) Deputy Manager/Officer, Business Process Management, Commercial Division (Mar 2006 May 2008)
A) Major Responsibilities:
1. Use six sigma knowledge to develop organizational capability by improving productivity & reducing cost of operation.
2. Responsible for improving process and performance in Brands, Market communication, Sales & Commercial Development.
3. Lead a team to define (document), measure (analyze( and control all core processes of Commercial Division.
4. Run specially assigned internal and external projects of commercial division.
5. Train employees regarding process improvement, i. e. Six Sigma, TQM, Process Documentation, Analytical decision making etc.
6. Identify potential current and future problem/crisis areas and recommend ways to mitigate risks.
7. Recommend areas and prepare detailed plan for cost and operational efficiencies.
8. Lead project teams as per organizational requirement.
9. Work as process expert in any ongoing projects (both internal & external).
B) Major projects ( ***** Ltd)
1. New product Development Process: Led the project team to develop new product development process involving all concerned end of ***** to reduce redundancy as well as reduce cycle time in product development.
Outcome: Able to deliver & design major products within 2 months and campaigns within 3 days.
2. Black Berry Product Development: Assisted the project team in developing Black Berry End to End sales & service process (from registration to termination).
Outcome: Launched and signed major corporate clients.
3. Customer Retention Project: Assisted in subscriber Re-registration project to ensure registration of 8 million subscribers as per Governement Guideline. T
Outcome: The project ended with more than 6 million subscribers registered as well as 5 million of them being active in usage.
4. Operational Standard Library: Assisted a project team as an expert to develop Standard operating procedure of all Grameen Phone Centers (GPC) so that customers are able to get the same kind of service & attachment anywhere in the country.
Outcome: same professional service across the country.
5. Optimization of POS material Distribution Process: Led a project team to decrease POS material delivery time from 21 days to 2 days anywhere in the country.
Outcome: POS material delivery time was maximum 3 days after implementing the project. It was 9 days for smaller campaigns and 21 days for major campaigns prior to this improvement. ***** work Optimization: Assisted in a project of developing optimum network capability around the country.
Outcome: Set improved criteria and system for network demand& usage optimization. Some pilot testing
was done which was very successful.
7. Business SMS Product Development: Developed processes for Business SMS products (subscriber registration to termination).
Outcome: Soft launch has been done.
8. IP Call Center Model: Assisted in the IP Call Center Project of Grameen Phone ***** Major contribution: process diagram, Risk Mitigation & Contingency plans, Customer Complaint System.
Outcome: call center expansion by 200% at a lower cost (estimated).
9. Process Documentation: Led a project team to document all the core processes of Brands, Market Communication, Sales & Commercial Development.
Outcome: all processes are updated in internal web providing a procedural guideline to all stakeholders.
10. Query Management System development: Lead a project team to develop system for managing customer queries, complaints and analyze customer requirements to provide customer insights in 2004.
Outcome: First complaint handling module of ***** ***** was developed. The tool was later replaced by CIMS (Customer Insight Management System).
11. Automated Email service: Lead a project team to develop first ever automated email query solution service in Bangladesh. The email known as insta. reply could search customers’ queries from the mail and provide automated feedback to the customer regarding their complaints.
Outcome: Customer who required general information, did not need to call to hotline or wait for email replies. They could get just send an email with keyword and get instant replies. It was particularly useful for tech-savvy customers.
b) Customer Manager (August 2003 to February 2006): Officer, Customer Communication, Customer Management Division (CMD), Grameen Phone *****
Degree Major Institution year CGPA/Division Remarks
EMBA Marketing University of North South Ongoing 4. 00 (upto last semster) Will transfer to MBA program from next semester
BBA Marketing Institute of Business Administration, University of Dhaka ***** . 87 Minor in MIS
HSC Science Notre Dame College 1998 First Division
SSC Science Banani Bidya Niketan 1996 First Division Star Marks
1. Six Sigma Black Belt Training from Motorola University Asia Pacific in Malaysia & Singapore in 2007.
2. Six Sigma Green Belt Training from Motorola University Asia Pacific in Malaysia in 2006.
3. Project Management Professional (PMP) exam preparation boot camp training from Astrowix, India in 2009.
1. Facilitated a one day workshop on “Six Sigma Quality Improvement”- arranged by Netvalue during April 2008.
2. Enlisted trainer of ***** . Conducted sessions on “Root Cause Analysis” and “Mastering Ms Visio”. Scheduled to conduct trainings on BPM, Process Improvement and Six Sigma.
3. Worked as in-house Six Sigma trainer in ***** *****
4. Scheduled to conduct training on “Root Cause Analysis”, “Project Management” for Rahimafrooz Bangladesh *****