Presently working as Head, Carbon Assets Management Services, with Energy ***** ***** ***** , one of the young and rapidly growing Power Sector Consultancy houses active in Indian Subcontinent, providing concept to commissioning turnkey services to both Hydro and Thermal power development. Managing the Clean Development Mechanism related techno – commercial and regulatory services for all of its clients as well as advising on regulatory clearances and compliances related to forest & environmental aspects of power projects development.
I am also associated as the Principle Adviser, Carbon Assets for Athena Demwe Power ***** ***** , a joint venture of Athena Power ***** ***** , PTC India ***** and IDFC, developing large Hydro projects in North East India amounting to more than 3000 MW.
Previously I was working as an Advisor with CRISIL Infrastructure Advisory, CRISIL ***** , one of the leading financial rating & risk management and infrastructure advisory company in India, in the field of business development in CDM and Carbon Trading advisory services. I was primarily responsible for strategic collaboration of major players in the carbon trading market and setup effective liasoning with important regulators in power and environment domain in India to established turnkey advisory facility for large public and ***** sector energy intensive companies and also technically executing the CDM project development assignments.
I have also worked as Policy & Programme Coordinator, Climate Change & Energy Programme, WWF-India, one of World's renowned and leading non-profit, non-governmental organizations, in the field of integrated energy policy, global warming, anthropogenic climate change and its related national and international policy intervention. Myself was primarily responsible in conceptualize and developing the WWF-India’s Climate Change & Energy Programme, which has been successfully expanded in a multi disciplinary approach spreading its activity to address the Greenhouse Gas mitigation option through promotion of Energy Efficiency (Demand Side Management) in Indian Power / Energy Sector through a well planned “Peoples’ Power” campaign aiming to intervene at the National & State Regulatory Systems as under the process of development as per Electricity Act 2003. The Programme has also developed two successful projects addressing the climate change impacts at Himalayan Glaciers and Sundarbans Delta.
As part of the WWF delegation as well as representative of Climate Action Network (CAN) South Asia was responsible for representation of the national (Indian Civil Society) and regional (South Asian Civil Society) agenda in various international climate negotiation debates like Conference of Parties (COPs) and SBSTA of UNFCCC and G8 forum, also in various regional and international climate and energy policy formulation forum.
Previous to WWF, while in Development Alternatives, I was Involved in various advisory services related to Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) Project development particularly for the renewable energy and energy efficiency sector and also help Government of India, Ministry of Environment & Forest through various project and consultation mode to develop the modalities of the Designated National Authority (DNA) related to CDM Projects Approval. I was also involved with various applied and operational researches related to impacts and adaptation of anthropogenic greenhouse gas emission on ecosystems and community. I was also being associated with the India’s Initial National Communication to UNFCCC (NATCOM), where I have dealt independently the emission inventory from Cement & Brick sector in India.
In the initial phase of my career I acquire more than 5 years work experience in Industrial Energy Audit & Conservation, Renewable Energy Projects and Research, with Central Fuel Research Institute (CFRI), a premier research institution under Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR), and various Industrial Consultancy Houses.
During my Post Graduation dissertation, I was involved in the project “Meeting the Peak Demand and Loss Reduction by Load Management” at Damodar Valley Corporation (D. V. C), at its Central Load Dispatch Centre, Maithon, Jharkhand.
Post Graduate Diploma in Energy Management from Indian Institute of Social Welfare & Business Management, Calcutta. (Equivalent to MBA as approved by A. I. C. T. E)
Areas of Specialization
• Strategic Business / Investment planning in the field of Clean Energy, Carbon Trading, Clean development Mechanism and Green Businesses
• Planning & Policy Formulation and Advocacy at Various Stakeholders levels
• International Climate and Energy Negotiation Politics
• Business Development along with various European and American bilateral as well as Multilateral organizations like Global Environment Facility (GEF), World Bank, Asian Development Back (ADB) etc; in the field of energy and climate change
• CDM Project Development and Commercialization of CERs
• Designing and promotion of various Capacity Development Initiatives addressing Important Stakeholders like Industries, Financial Institutions and Civil Societies
• Energy conservation and management, renewable energy and Indian energy policy
• Rural energy budget and planning
• GHG inventory estimation (was a team member of the India’s first National Communication to UNFCCC)
• Climate change impact assessment, adaptation and sustainable development
• Trained in GHG Accounting Protocol (A team member of WRI GHG Protocol Initiative) also trained in ISO:1464