Accomplished multi lingual Program Management Professional, consistently recognized ***** achievement and per ***** mance in the high technology field. Superior leadership skills, skilled in building highly motivated teams across functional, corporate and geographical boundaries. Highly customer focused, consistently achieved internal and external customer satisfaction. Proven areas of expertise include:
• Program Management
• Product Positioning • Process Improvement
• Pre-sales Support • Risk Management
• Help Desk Management
***** ***** ***** , INC. (EFI) Foster City, CA 6/96 – 3/10
Director, Program Management (1/07 – 3/10)
Senior Manager, Program Management (1/05 – 12/06)
Manager, Program Management (7/01 – 12/04)
Senior Program Manager (5/98 – 6/01)
Manager, Technical Support (4/97 – 4/98)
Technical Support Engineer (6/96 – 3/97)
Tasked with the delivery of products to Xerox, Fuji Xerox and Oce – some of EFI’s largest OEMs - ***** products that generate up to $150 million, which accounts ***** nearly 25% of EFI’s yearly revenues.
EFI, Inc. is a $600M , 2000 people company that provides color digital print controllers, wide ***** mat printers and inks, and print management solutions worldwide. EFI’s controller technologies include custom ASICS ***** image processing, compression technology s/w and color management s/w, trans ***** m digital copiers into high speed networked printing devices.
• Oversaw the management, development and delivery of up to 20 programs per year. All programs involved the development of custom hardware ***** an Intel PC, server, client and web software ***** the Windows XP, Macintosh OS X, and Linux Operating systems.
• Managed the entire product development process ***** multiple projects in parallel, starting with scope determination, feature negotiation, schedule negotiation, product development, defect management, and early customer engagement/beta site deployments, and culminating with product approval and launch. Interacted extensively with Engineering, QA, Marketing, Manufacturing and DVT team.
• Drove EFI Quality assurance, Engineering and Technical support teams to implement process improvements to decrease defects and resolve customer bugs quickly. Analyzed historical field defect data to identify and strengthen areas of weakness in testing, identified KPIs, obtained agreements from Engineering team to resolve field defects within agreed time limits. Measured the process periodically and made continuous improvements thus increasing the quality of products and improving customer satisfaction.
• ***** ged strong working relationship with the OEM (Xerox, Fuji Xerox & Oce) R&D, line of business, account management and marketing teams. Developed roadmaps ***** EFI Digital front ends/Print controllers (DFEs). Managed OEM client relationships and secured programs/projects from OEM to bring in revenues over $100M/year to EFI, by consistently delivering products to time, quality and budget targets.
• Successfully outsourced a program to development center in India (IDC). Overcame logistical, maintenance and communication issues associated with multiple development & service teams located across various time zones. Pilot project led way to migrating multiple programs to IDC, thus reducing product development costs by 60%.
• Led an EFI cross-functional team in a Lean Six Sigma workshop with Xerox, to improve the efficiency of product development processes at EFI and at Xerox. As an outcome, reduced overall product development cost by 30%.
• Facilitated Program review sessions, stakeholder meetings and cross-functional department governance meetings to communicate status, risks, mitigation plans and review project feasibility. Extensive support ***** and interaction with executive management.
CANON USA. , INC. Itasca, IL 10/93 – 5/96
Senior Systems Engineer (Pre-sales)
Responsible ***** providing pre-sales and post-sales support to Canon dealers in the mid-west region.
• Tasked by Canon USA HQ to build a team of pre-sales support engineers ***** the mid-west region. Provided pre-sales & post sales support and product integration into customers network ***** the Canon Midwest sales team and Canon dealerships. Developed competitive & product positioning materials and trained sales & support teams. Consistently requested by top district sales managers ***** pre-sales calls to major clients.
• Worked with Canon dealers to present the Canon products to end-users, supplied solutions to integrate them in different networked environments and assisted dealer systems engineers during product installation.
APPLE COMPUTER Chicago, IL 12/ ***** /93
Systems Engineer (Pre-sales)
Responsible ***** presenting Apple’s technology to large Business Clients, development of
Proof-of-concepts and assisting clients in the product integration.
• Demonstrated Apple products, color management technology, and presented product integration solutions to decision makers of ***** tune 500 clients at the Apple briefing center in Chicago, Il. Supported account managers and the Apple Midwest sales team to sell new products as well as to maintain Apple’s presence at high profile customer accounts such as Motorola, Helene Curtiss and Walgreens.
• Presented to clients connectivity solutions such as the integration of Apple hardware and software products computers with DOS, Novell, UNIX, VMS, & VM/CMS plat ***** ms in order to effectively utilize all computing ***** CATION
OHIO UNIVERSITY Athens, OH
M. S, Industrial & Systems Engineering
U. V. C. E, BANGALORE UNIVERSITY Bangalore
B. E, Mechanical Engineering
Member of Tau Beta Pi - National Engineering Honor Society
Member of Alpha Pi Mu - National Industrial Engineering Honor Society
2006, 2007 – EFI Leadership Summit
2009 EFI Director’s leadership ***** um
PMP certification in progress
NOVELL INC. Provo, Utah
Certified Netware Engineer
MS Project, MS Office Suite, Agile- Configuration control s/w, SAP