TECHNICAL & MANAGEMENT SKILLS
• Proven leader, a decision maker & a team player
• Engineering/construction industry contracting
• Developing and administering contracts from scoping to construction with on On-time and on-budget project completion
• Quality assurance in contractor staffing and equipment, Bidding, pricing and negotiation
• Analyzing schedule and tracking project progress
• Effective conflict management
TECHNICAL & MANAGEMENT SKILLS
Director, Contracts/Civil Engineering, Crawfordsville, USA
• Responsible for managing over 50 employees including but not limited to designers, surveyors, project managers, contract supervisors, consultant liaisons.
• Managing approximately $500 million dollar budget contracts for the construction of new and maintenance of existing infrastructure.
• Delivered over $ 1 billion worth of contracts.
• Estimate costs and perform value engineering on projects equal or greater than 25 million dollars.
• Created tracking system to cut costs and increase profitability by at least 25% annually.
• Ensure safe working environment by regular awareness meetings and by recognizing teams with no safety violations. This process has saved ***** 1% - 5% of unnecessary expenditures.
• Overseeing planning, design and contract formation functions during all phases including construction. Ensure the viability of content of contract specifications and general conditions and create/review the contracts for fair and ethical documentation to reduce conflicts during construction resulting in reduction of change order cost to less than 3%.
• Prepare documents describing roles of contractor, owner, standards of construction and how payments will be made. Coordinate with bidders, answer questions during bidding process and clarify issues.
• Achieve insight, capture trends, respond quickly to new opportunities or shifts in the market, guide business growth and monitor key performance indicators (KPIs).
Manager, Civil Engineering, Crawfordsville, USA
• Oversaw the design and contract formation of $50 million worth of projects designed in-house and reviewed the design and contract packages developed by consultants ($80 million).
• Managed over 15 employees including but not limited to designers, surveyors, project managers, contract supervisors, consultant liaisons.
• Aided in negotiation of contracts and saved over 15% in general.
• Ensured safe working environment by regular awareness meetings and by recognizing teams with no safety violations. This process has saved ***** up to 5% of unnecessary expenditures.
• Performed the administration of engineering and construction contracts. Monitored and controlled change orders and contract changes in scope or quantity by bringing different stakeholders together and reduced change orders and scope creep by 20%-30%.
• Taught personnel how to review a contract, establish required actions and responsibilities, generate and control field-originated correspondence and reports, utilize field meetings, manage changes, delays, proposals, amendments and reduce cost and increase profitability by at least by 10%.
• PhD in Engineering Management (in process), Walden University, Maryland, USA
• Master of Business Administration /Management, University of Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
• Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Tri-State University, Angola, Indiana, USA
• American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
• INDOT Pavement, Standards & Research Committees (Voting Member)
• Acting member on AASHTO committee
• Team Indiana Member
• Contract, Project Financial Management
• Public Speaking, Team Building & Leadership
• Diversity & Conflict Management
• Professional Engineer (PE) State of Indiana
• Professional Engineer (PE) State of Wisconsin