*Shelby Lynne ***** *
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Extremely passionate, creative, loyal and dedicated.
• Enthusiastic and goal and results-oriented.
• Exceptional organization and time management skills.
• Proven strong public speaking skills as well as excellent presentation skills.
• From two generations of restaurant and bar owners.
TACOS AND TEQUILA (TNT)/BLUE MESA DFW – JANUARY 2009 – CURRENT
Assistant General Manager/Bar Manager: Responsibilities: hiring, opening team training and development, aloha set up and training, server and bartender/ ***** /tequila training, writing of training materials and tests, all liquor/wine ordering, all research and development for new cocktails/ ***** for the company, negotiations of liquor and wine contracts, creation of monthly bar menus, controlling bar costs, creation of all TNT infusions, entertaining as the featured Mixologist at tequila dinners and other events.
*I have developed a proven system that is a balance between ***** and productivity for a high volume bar that actually works in terms of functionality and cost efficiency*
Mixologist for TNT and Blue Mesa Group in Dallas: Currently serving as the Mixologist for the company on a contract/as needed basis, which includes five Blue Mesa Restaurants in the DFW Metroplex, along with a TNT (Tacos and Tequila) in Austin. I created drinks and infusions for TNT and Blue Mesa. However, because TNT is more of a ***** bar than Blue Mesa, I had more autonomy in terms of creativity with my drinks and infusions. All of my infusion creations are served from an ice cold tequila tap set at 15 degrees. Some examples include:
1) Corzo Silver infused with the intense flavors of Mexican chocolate combined with a touch of smoky guajillo pepper. This was the original chocolate infusion that I made for Corzo and because they loved it, I have continued the chocolate theme for them.
2) Corzo Silver Tequila infused with the flavors of deconstructed German chocolate cake. The importance of the “deconstruction” aspect is that you can taste each element individually. First, you taste the rich chocolate, next the toasted fresh coconut and finally the true taste of cake crust finishes it off. All without compromising the integrity of the tequila itself.
3) 1800 Reposado Tequila infused with the flavors of Asian Five Spiced Red Wine Poached Pears. The process took one full week. However, it was truly the essence of the holidays in shot form, making it well worth the work.
4) Cazadores Blanco Tequila infused with candied oranges, orange zest, and fresh and dried local cranberries. Absolutely perfect for the Thanksgiving holiday.
5) Ambhar Platinum Tequila infused with fresh blackberries, blood oranges, Meyer lemons, pink grapefruit, lemon verbena leaves and pink peppercorns. A light yet complex end-of-winter infusion.
6) 1800 Reposado infused with the flavors of 4 different fresh seasonal apples sautéed with vanilla bean, caramel essence and cinnamon. Warm and perfect as an after dinner shot on a cool night.
7) Dulce Vida Blanco Tequila infused with grilled Texas yellow peaches and bruleed organic white peaches and sweet and spicy candied ginger.
8) 1800 Silver Tequila infused with organic tropical green tea and local Texas farmer’s market peaches and apricots. The hit of the summer in 2010.
CONTRACT AND OTHER BAR/ ***** WORK:
• Icenhauer’s bar in downtown Austin – created a varied cocktail menu for a new up and coming Austin hotspot with creative freedom.
• Corzo Tequila – contracted with Corzo to make different chocolate infusions on tap such as Mexican Chocolate with Guajillo Pepper and Deconstructed German Chocolate Cake.
• Ambhar Tequila – made a Wasabi Ginger Cocktail and a Guava Rose Cocktail to be featured full time at all the Blue Mesas in the Metroplex as well as at TNT. Also, created all of their holiday and other signature cocktails.
• Partida Tequila – made signature drinks and performed as the featured Mixologist at tequila events.
• Y Vodka – created a portfolio of cocktails which were featured on their website.
• Don Eduardo Tequila – created signature Don Eduardo drinks which were featured on TNT’s menu.
• Contract Mixologist for Brown-Forman
• Assistant General Manager/Bar Manager/Bartender/ Mixologist – Tacos and Tequila (TNT) – Austin, TX
• Head Bartender/Manager/Corporate Mixologist - Blue Mesa – Addison, TX
• Bar Manager - Sherlock’s Pub – Addison, TX
• Bartender – Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen– Fort Worth, TX
• Head Bartender – Trophy’s Sports Bar – San Diego, CA
• Head Bartender– Rockbottom Brewery – Dallas, TX
• Head Bartender/Cocktail Server– Dave and Buster’s – Dallas, TX
• Manager/Server/Bartender– My Parent’s Restaurant – Newport News, VA
• Host/Server – My Grandparents Restaurant – Newport News, VA
Juris Doctorate, Texas Wesleyan School of Law ~ Fort Worth, Texas ~Graduated in 2006
• Contracts, Mediation, Negotiations and Business Law.
University of Texas at Austin - Bachelor of Science, Communications ~ Graduated in 2001
• Emphasis in Radio/TV/Film/Media Business
• Honors Graduate - GPA 3. 6
*Shelby Lynne ***** *
Contract Mixologist for Brown-Forman
Mixologist/Bar Manager for Tacos and Tequila and Blue Mesa