12 years of experience in bioanalytical field with GLP environment.
15 years of experience in environmental contaminants analyses.
Supervisor and consult 20 people including Ph. D. degree staff.
Solid background in analytical chemistry.
Languge: English and Chinese
12 years of experience in bioanalytical field with GLP environment.
Jan ’06 – PRESENT Sr. Research Scientist, DMPK, Preclinical R&D, *****&Lomb. Rochester, NY
Created new bioanalysis approach to short method development, validation and sample analysis time from 6 months to 1 week for each project in average, also saved 80% cost on blank ocular tissue consuming.
• Perform method development, validation and sample analysis for small and large molecular drug in plasma and variety ocular tissues such as aqueous humor, cornea, retina, conjunctiva and vitreous humor
• Supervise other scientists in the group. Help to troubleshoot problems in bioanalysis.
• Organize the daily activities of bio-analytical laboratory.
• Monitor GLP studies contracted to CRO. Review bio-analytical data, procedures and interact with QA department to ensure accuracy and regulatory compliance
• Write SOPs, method validation and bio-analytical reports.
• Perform metabolite identification of drug in ocular tissues using LC-MS/MS
• Participate in project meetings to provide both bioanalytical and PK inputs.
• Keep search for new techniques in bioanalytical field and discuss with the group for the potential application.
• Instrument used(AB SCIEX Triple Quad™ 5500, API 4000 Triple Quadrpole, 4000 Q TRAP, Shimadzu pump and autosampler, HP1100 HPLC, Leap injector, Tomtec and TECAN).
August ‘00 – December ‘05 From Research Scientist, Sr. Research Scientist to Group Leader,
Quest Pharmaceutical Services, Newark, DE
Leaded the group to exceed(double than average) the production goal set up by the department.
• Supervised 10 scientists including two Ph.D. scientists in the group to develop and validate bioanalytical methods for sponsors to analyze small and large molecular drug in human and animal plasma, urine and tissues.
• Developed and validated small and large molecular bioanalytical methods for company’s major sponsors(instrument used: Sciex 3000, 4000; Micromass Quattro II, Quattro LC, Quattro Altima; Shimadzu and HP1100 HPLC, Leap injector)
• Performed metabolite identification of drug in plasma.
• Searched for new bioanalytical technology to support company’s operation.
• Participated the management meeting to set up the goals and monitor the progress of the projects.
• Designed projects and processed data using Watson LIMS system.
• Communicated with research sponsors for updating of the projects.
• Transferred new methods developed to the appropriate individuals of sample analysis group.
• Written method validation reports and SOPs.
• Communicated with QA department and maintained GLP compliance.
August ‘95 – July ‘00 Senior Analytical Chemist, Lakefield Research Ltd, Canada.
• Developed and validated method to analyze variety of environmental contaminants using HPLC/MS, GC/MS, AA and ICP-MS.
• Supervised other chemists in the group.
• Wrote analytical report.
April ‘94 – August ‘95 Research Associate, Chemistry Department, Trent University, Canada.
• Studied the nature of ion trap mass spectrometry.
• Exploited the wide application of ion trap mass spectrometry to the environmental monitoring.
• Developed gas chromatography method to separate 209 PCB isomers of environmental contaminants.
• Used ion trap MS to develop method to isolate the specific PCB isomers.
• Troubleshoot and maintained the instruments in the laboratory.
• Prepared publication of the research work.
April ‘93 – April ‘94 Visiting Scientist, National Hydrology Research Institute, Canada.
• Characterized organic contaminants through the utilization of mass spectrometry.
• Analyzed environmental contaminants using GC, GC/MS, HPLC, and AA instruments.
ADME, PKTK, and Drug Metabolism in Drug Discovery and Development, LA 2011
Good Laboratory Practice Regulations, NY 2010
Proteome Analysis, Thermo, Rochester, NY 2009
Microsoft Office Application, *****&Lomb, Rochester, NY 2008
AppliedBiosystems 4000 Q TRAP, Framingham, MA 2007
Pharmacokinetics and Toxicokinetics, Newark, DE 2006
Personal Management , Newark, DE 2005
Watson LIMS, Newark, DE 2003
GLP Lab. Management, Newark, DE 2002
Ion Trap Mass Spectrometry, Peterborough, Canada 1995
GC/MS Troubleshooting, Hewlett-Packard, Toronto, Canada 1994
GC/MS Maintenance, Hewlett-Packard, Montreal, Canada 1994
M.S., Peking University, Analytical Chemistry
B.S., Peking University, Analytical Chemistry
PUBLICATIONS, POSTERS AND REPORTS:
1. S. *****, J.W. Proksch, A Rapid and Simple Method to Extract Drug from Ocular Tissues without Homogenization for Bioanalysis. In preparation.
2. S. *****, J.W. Proksch, Analysis Drug in Ocular Tissues with Limited or Without Blank Tissues for Preparation of Reference Standard and Quality Controls. In preparation.
3. E. Lowe, S. *****, J.W. Proksch Rapid Ocular Penetration of Ganciclovir with Topical Administration of Zirgan® to Rabbits, Accepted for Presentation on ARVO, *****. S. *****, J. E. Lowe, W. Proksch, Quantitation of Ganciclovir in Rabbit Plasma and Ocular Tissues Using a Novel HPLC/MS/MS Method after Topical Administration of Zirgan®
Presentation at ***** &Lomb Scientific Poster Affair, *****. V. Tummala, S. *****, R.Harman, Y. Zhu, Y-S. Chen, K. Ramu, Determination of Morphine and Its Metabolites Morphine 3-Glucuronide and Morphine 6-Glucuronide in Human Plasma by LC-MS/MS, 57th ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry, *****. S. *****, A. K. Chappa, J.W. Proksch, A Rapid and Sensitive LC/MS/MS Assay for the Quantitation of Brimonidine in Ocular Fluids and Tissues, Journal Of Chromatography B Analytical Technologies In The Biomedical And Life Sciences. 877(3):*****, *****. Y. Zhu, L.Duan, D. Meyer, S. L. Anderson, S. *****, B. Mansoori, Y. Chen, Z. Lam, and B. Chien, Quantitation of Proteins and Oligonucleotides in Human Plasma Using LC-MS/MS, ASMS Poster, 2006.
8. S. *****; R. Pan; R. Harman; D. Meyer; N. McAleer; Y. Zhu; K. Ramu; B. Chien. Determination of Paclitaxel(Taxol) and Docetaxel in Human Serum and Human Plasma by LC/MS/MS. Poster on 52nd ASMS Conference, *****. A. Ahmad, S. Khan, L. Duan, L. Anderson, B. Mansoori, S. *****, Y. Zhu, B. Chien, I. Ahmad, Quantification of 15-mer Antisense Oligonucelotide in Human Plasma by Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectromerty, Poster on 50th ASMS Conference, *****. Y. Zhu, L.Duan, D. Meyer, S. *****, Z. Lam, and B. Chien. LC/MS/MS Quantitation of Polypeptides, Proteins, and Antisense Nucleotides. CPSA Digest, *****. S. Catinell, P. Traldi, X. *****, F.A. Londry, R.J.S. Morrison, R.E March, S. Gregoire, J.-C. Mathurin and J.-C. Tabet. “Negative-ion mass spectrometry in a commercial gas chromatography/ion-trap mass spectrometer system.” Rapid Commun. Mass Spectrom. 9, ***** (1995)
12. M. Lausevic, J.B. Plomley, X. *****, R.E. March and C.D. Metcalf. “Analysis of Polychlorinated Biphenyls by Quadrupole Ion Trap Mass Spectrometry: Part I-Chemical Ionization Studies of Co-eluting Congress 77 and 110.” Eur. Mass Spectrom. 1, ***** (1995)
13. M. Lausevic, X. *****, C.D. Metcalf and R.E. March. “Analysis of Polychlorinated Biphenyls by Quadrupole Ion Trap Mass Spectrometry: Part II-Comparison of Electron Impact and Selected Ion Chemical Ionization mass Spectrometry Detection with Electron Capture Detection.” Rapid Commun. Mass Spectrom. 9, ***** (1995)
14. X. *****, M. Lausevic, C.D. Metcalf and R.E. March. “Characterization of PCBs negative-Ion Mass Spectrometry in a Commercial Gas Chromatography/Ion- Trap mass Spectrometer.” Presentation at Trent University, Peterborough, Canada, June, *****. J.B. Plomley, C.J. Koester, M. Lausevic, X. *****, R.E. March. “Rapid Screening Techniques for Polychlorinated Compounds by GC/MS/MS with an Ion trap.” 78th CSC Conference and Exhibition, Guelph, Ontario, Canada. May 28-June 1, *****. X. *****, F.A Londry, R.E. March and R. Morrison, Negative Ion Mass Spectrometry in a Commercial Ion Trap GC/MS System. Poster on the conference of Australian and New Zealand Society for Mass Spectrometry (ANZSMS), La Trobe University, Victoria, Australia. *****. J.B. Plomley, C.J. Koester, M. Lausevic, X. *****, R.E. March and F.A.Londry. “Analytical Protocols for Environmental Substances Using an Ion trap.’ Proceedings of the 43rd ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics, Atlanta, Georgia, ***** may 1995, P.993.
18. M. Lausevic, X. *****, C.D. Metcalf and R.E. March. “Ionization of PCBs Using Ion Trap mass Spectrometry.” Proceedings of the 43rd ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics, Atlanta, Georgia, ***** may 1995, P.1020.
19. M. Lausevic, M. Splendore, X. ***** and R.E. March. “Positive Ions and Negative Ions Toxaphene Formed in an Ion Trap.” 44th ASMS Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics, Portland, Oregon, *****, P.143