Third Party Logistics (3pl) Market
I am currently studying the 3pl market for supply chain management of hazmat classified finished products such as cosmetics including fragrances, lip balms, etc., with regards to this, i would like to understand how companies such as h&m, zara, victoria’s secret, etc. Manage their supply chain in the us. I am looking for data pertaining to sourcing strategy:
1) who are the 3pls serving the above-mentioned companies for warehousing, transportation (to distribution centers) and parcel delivery (direct-to-consumers)
2) where do these companies have their warehouses and dcs in the us for hazmat classified products
3) sourcing models such as whether they engage with single 3pl or multiple 3pls? With supporting case studies.
Thanks+19 Other Responses
3pl Trucking Industry
i am looking for experts who can share insights on the following queries:
category: 3pl trucking in pan-europe
geography: pan-europe (countries of focus are uk, france, netherlands, belgium, norway, sweden)
trucking/road transportation services in pan -europe
1. Currently, my client is procuring trucking services at a country level in above mentioned countries for short haul transportation as well as long haul transportation.
• wanted to understand the benefits of procuring trucking services at a regional level engaging with 3pl service providers with efficient geographical coverage
• what is the cost benefits of sourcing trucking services at a regional level by engaging with 3pl service providers when compared to sourcing at a country level in pan-europe
• will the pricing model, contract terms and payment period change while procuring trucking services at regional level when compared to country level engagement.
2. How is the road transportation market structured in above mentioned countries? Is it fragmented or consolidated? If so why?
3. How is the supply-demand scenario of trucks for finished goods or food & beverages transportation? Is the supply-demand balanced or does it vary seasonally? If so require explanation and data on the seasonal variation of trucking demand in terms of number of trucks/capacity available and utilized.
4. Is there a shortage/excess capacity in the market and how the scenario would be for future?
5. What are the major regulations impacting the trucking operators and freight rate in pan-europe and how?
Please let us know if you are interested and i will be more than happy to share the detailed questionnaire.
Thanks+15 Other Responses
2pl, 3pl & 4pl Operations
We are currently analyzing the operating cost structure with profit margins for 2pls( asset based companies), 3pls ( non asset based companies) and 4pl with regards to pharmaceutical shipments in below geographical scope;
geographical scope :
western europe – germany, italy, switzerland, greece, uk, france, nordic countries, benelux countries, portugal, austria
eastern europe – hungary, czech, poland, romania, russia
central europe – israel, turkey
we are looking to understand the below points;
• cost structure for asset based (2pl) companies in europe
• cost structure for non-asset based(3pl) companies in europe
• (4pl) average control tower operating costs in percentage for transportation companies in europe
• industry benchmarking - average profit margins for the pharma transportation companies (pharma segment cost structure)
kindly confirm if you can give your insights and information for the requested study and if yes please share your relevant experience so that i can send you the detailed scope .
Thanks+11 Other Responses