working on accounting-related and business consulting projects to translate business and accounting requirements into technical solution specifications. Client/project requires u.S. Citizenship.
degree preferred: bachelor's degree or master's degree in management information systems, engineering, accounting, computer science, mathematics, finance, economics, statistics, mba from an accredited college/university. Certification(s) preferred: database and programming certifications, such as oracle, ms sql server; cpa; and/or pmi. Certified fraud examiner is a plus. Knowledge preferred: proven knowledge of, and/or success in individual contributor or supervisory roles relating to data analytics, forensic accounting and/or financial reporting, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, including the following areas: - supervising or leading work streams involving business transactions management, such as divestitures, mergers and acquisitions; - performing in or maintaining relational and nosql databases, especially utilizing one or more of the following environments: data visualization tools - tableau; spotfire, qlikview, etc., microsoft sql, oracle, informatica; or, vba or python; - performing in erps, especially multiple business and accounting cycles, financial reporting activities, and data models; - understanding industry-specific business processes and accounting practices, such as technology, healthcare, oil and gas, utilities, etc.; and, - consulting or helping to manage industry-related data analytics and/or financial management, emphasizing multiple business and accounting cycles. Skills preferred: demonstrates a thorough level of ability in and/or proven record of success with data analytics, forensic accounting and/or financial reporting, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, including the following areas: - managing multiple workstreams and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, cross-functional, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment; - leading teams on accounting-related and business consulting projects to translate business and accounting requirements into technical solution specifications; - creating, managing, and utilizing high performance relational and nosql databases, such as microsoft sql server, oracle, microsoft access, olap and other proprietary software; - gathering, standardizing, and analyzing voluminous transactional electronic data, such as banking records, general ledgers, sales and inventory data, etc.; - querying and mining large data sets to discover transaction patterns, examining financial data and filtering for targeted information that utilize both traditional and predictive/advanced analytic methodologies; - designing and developing user interfaces and database reports; - communicating cogently when writing, speaking and/or presenting to senior management, client personnel, compliance personnel, and team members; and, - contributing to project management, including maintaining work plans, status reports, and client-ready deliverables.
accounting information systems
years of experience
3-5 years+9 Other Responses
Contract Senior Accountant
We are a global management consulting firm and we are looking for a senior accountant with experience in audit execution processes, gaap to stat adjustments and financial reporting. They should have experience in process optimization.
The person must have prior experience working at one of the big 4 accounting firms (kpmg, pwc, deloitte, e&y) and with standardizing processes for a large global organization, prior leadership roles.
Work can be done remotely but will require some travel to monterrey, mexico for meetings.
They must be fluent in english and spanish as they will need to communicate with team members in both languages.
This is a full time contract position for 2-3 months.
Please respond with a brief description of your relevance to our need.+undefined Other Responses
I work for a market research firm serving the global 1000 companies. We are researching the accounting, tax, consulting relationships between big 4 accounting firms and their clients.
1) what are the different types of contract models companies enter into with big 4 consulting firms (strategy, operations, bas and tax consulting)?
2) is it a global, regional or local engagement? Does it vary by service line, geography; spend size and type of supplier (big4 vs. Non-big4)?
3) when do companies opt for a master service agreement (msa)? Does it vary by service line, geography, spend size and type of supplier (big4 vs. Non-big4)?
4) in case of a msa, how is the agreement governed (client-service provider relationship and stakeholder involvement)?
5) what spend categories (for example bas, tax etc.) are generally kept under msas? What are the reasons for keeping these categories under msa?
6) what are the challenges faced by organizations (internally as well as externally) in implementing msas with these consulting firms? How do they mitigate these challenges? 7) what value can procurement divisions drive in shifting from local/regional engagements to global contracts or movement towards msa? (savings and other qualitative advantages generated)
8) management consulting billing rates for netherlands (2012,2013 and 2014)+12 Other Responses