working on accounting-related and business consulting projects to translate business and accounting requirements into technical solution specifications. Client/project requires u.S. Citizenship.
degree preferred: bachelor's degree or master's degree in management information systems, engineering, accounting, computer science, mathematics, finance, economics, statistics, mba from an accredited college/university. Certification(s) preferred: database and programming certifications, such as oracle, ms sql server; cpa; and/or pmi. Certified fraud examiner is a plus. Knowledge preferred: proven knowledge of, and/or success in individual contributor or supervisory roles relating to data analytics, forensic accounting and/or financial reporting, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, including the following areas: - supervising or leading work streams involving business transactions management, such as divestitures, mergers and acquisitions; - performing in or maintaining relational and nosql databases, especially utilizing one or more of the following environments: data visualization tools - tableau; spotfire, qlikview, etc., microsoft sql, oracle, informatica; or, vba or python; - performing in erps, especially multiple business and accounting cycles, financial reporting activities, and data models; - understanding industry-specific business processes and accounting practices, such as technology, healthcare, oil and gas, utilities, etc.; and, - consulting or helping to manage industry-related data analytics and/or financial management, emphasizing multiple business and accounting cycles. Skills preferred: demonstrates a thorough level of ability in and/or proven record of success with data analytics, forensic accounting and/or financial reporting, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, including the following areas: - managing multiple workstreams and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, cross-functional, fast-paced, interactive, results-based team environment; - leading teams on accounting-related and business consulting projects to translate business and accounting requirements into technical solution specifications; - creating, managing, and utilizing high performance relational and nosql databases, such as microsoft sql server, oracle, microsoft access, olap and other proprietary software; - gathering, standardizing, and analyzing voluminous transactional electronic data, such as banking records, general ledgers, sales and inventory data, etc.; - querying and mining large data sets to discover transaction patterns, examining financial data and filtering for targeted information that utilize both traditional and predictive/advanced analytic methodologies; - designing and developing user interfaces and database reports; - communicating cogently when writing, speaking and/or presenting to senior management, client personnel, compliance personnel, and team members; and, - contributing to project management, including maintaining work plans, status reports, and client-ready deliverables.
accounting information systems
years of experience
3-5 years+9 Other Responses
Finance And Accounting Outsourcing
Seeking expertise on the tax management segment of the finance& accounting outsourcing market:
we are looking for insights on the following aspects of outsourcing:
1. Average contract tenure for tax management outsourcing contracts
2. Service mix outsourced (is tax sourced as a standalone service or is it outsourced with other services like accounts payable etc.)
3. Aspects of tax outsourced (tax preparation, tax compliance, vat etc.)
4. Is tax co sourced, off shored or outsourced? Which model is currently the most adopted model in the market?
5. Examples/case studies for the same.
6. Suppliers ( big four , tier i accounting firms, boutique firms, fao bpo’s like accenture, ibm, genpact etc., technology providers like thomson reuters) – major players and market share estimates
7. How do companies measure the performance of their suppliers (tax management firms) i.E. Kpi’s?
8. Market trends; market growth
9. Billing rates by job role; future trends
10. Cost structure of suppliers
11. Fee structure (50% consulting fee..etc), margins
12. Pricing models+13 Other Responses