Our company has published eight editions of a 640-page hardbound book in framemaker. Over 150,000 copies are in print and have been sold. The 8th edition can be read at no cost on the internet by anyone.
My ninth edition contains 269 5-color pictures (cmyk + 1 spot color.) it is written in framemaker 7.2, and is ready to be sent to the printer, whose requirements i don’t fully understand, other than the printer needs a composite pdf with registration marks for a page size of 8.5 inches x 11 inches.
The printer printed the previous two editions, did a nice job, and has already been paid a large down-payment for printing the book and shipping it from china to the united states,
i need an expert with framemaker 7.2 to:
(1) talk to the printer in san francisco by phone, and
(2) put my files in a form the printer needs.
(3) check my layout for the cover (an adobe illustrator file), and check the book’s 269 figures for resolution or color problems i may need to correct, and
(4) send the book and cover to the printer electronically.
If the framemaker consultant can do this to the printer’s satisfaction for one 50-page chapter, we can talk about consultant fees and timing, and i will make the entire 640-page book available to the consultant in whichever of three ways the consultant prefers:
(1) i will fly the consultant to my office in phoenix, arizona if the consultant lives in this part of the united states,
(2) i will give access to my dropbox where a copy of all book files resides, or
(3) i will mail the consultant all the book files on a cd rom, and pay 50% of the consulting fees when the 50-page chapter is delivered satisfactorily to the printer. The remaining 50% will be paid when the printer tells us that all files for the entire book met the printer’s needs.
To qualify, please respond with a brief description of your experience in this space along with your answers to the following:
1. What experience has the consultant had in printing books in framemaker?
2. Please give me personal references and phone numbers of two people for whom the consultant has published books in framemaker.
+5 Other Responses