Consumer Healthcare: New Product Development
Consumer healthcare: r&d- new product development
what is considered best practice while managing new product development outsourcing?
• is full service a common engagement or functional service outsourcing is commonly practice? Under what conditions is each opted?
• single vs. Multiple suppliers (engagement on global/regional/local scale)?
What is the outsourcing based on?
• function (analytical testing, stability testing, formulation development, in vitro testing and micro testing) or
• product category (respiratory, oral health, skin health, pain etc.) or
• formulation (liquid, solid dose etc.).
How do companies (fmcg/cpg) manage npd outsourcing for otc products?
• what is the makeup of other fmcg/otc companies npd supply base? Is it fragmented or consolidated?
• what size and number of suppliers are being used by competing fmcg/consumer health companies?
Market trends in npd outsourcing
• what are the recent trends in npd outsourcing service providers? Trends in the following parameters:
• how has npd outsourcing changed over the last 5 years?
• what is the future outlook?
• where is majority of npd activities being conducted? What are the key geographic markets?
• supply market overview – types of suppliers and their key focus areas+17 Other Responses