I’m currently working on a new request on the airlines market. A detailed list of deliverables have been listed below.
1. Airline bookings - internet vs corporate fares (obt/tmc)
current state: the client has a travel policy in place, which ensures that bookings are done via tmc/ obt, which provides spend visibility and ensures traveller safety. However, the internet rates are lower in many cases, which can bring about savings.
• comparison of internet fares vs corporate rates and the reasons for differences
• best practices adopted by other companies to book air tickets - internet vs obt & tmc (rate comparison - internet has better prices than the rates quoted in their tools or agreement)
• cost saving opportunities
current state: the client is discussing on various options to negotiate with airlines
• comparison of flat rates vs discounted rates and adoption by large companies
• comparison of engaging/ negotiating with alliances vs group of airlines and adoption by large companies
• consolidation of airlines per route and best practices adopted by other large companies
3. Promotional rates vs discounts
current state: in many instances, the promotional rates offered by airlines are lower than the discounted rates
• adoption of corporate discount rates vs promotional rates
• typical spend related to promotional rates
4. Preferred airlines vs one partner
current state: the client currently engages with several preferred airlines to book at lowest rates. They are looking to explore the possibility of having only one partnership or two, and concentrate all that volume only with those airlines for specific route. Currently the obt shows the content of all airlines, and preferred ones which provides discounts are highlighted
• typical engagement model adopted by other large companies?
• one/ two preferred airlines per route vs multiple airlines for each route
• benefits and feasibility of consolidation to one/ two airlines per route
5. Agreement scope:
current state: the client has many regional agreements and have started consolidating tmcs by region. They have faced situations where airlines have rejected their request for discounts or corporates rates for additional pos. Especially in europe, airlines do not want to negotiate their volume for all regions per country to provide discounts. In americas, they have airlines who were open to give discounts and provide pos depending on the spend by the clients focus country.
• comparison of global vs regional agreement
• benefits vs challenges in a global agreement, and impact on discounts
• reasons for airlines refusal to having several pos in a global/regional agreement, and insights on how other large companies are working around with airlines to cover more routes with discounts in their agreement
kindly let me know the feasibility of this request.
swetha+undefined Other Responses
Ground Transportation Services
1. Kindly provide your commentary on the market growth and factors driving the market.
2. What are the factors attributing to the growth of the market?
3. Please highlight on the market dynamics of the ground transportation category? What are the key trends in the market and how is it impacting the market?
4.What are the different pricing models prevalent for procuring ground transportation services? What are the pros and cons of each pricing model?
5. What are the different sourcing and engagement models prevailing in the market? What are their pros and cons?
6. What best practices are followed by other large companies in engaging with ground transportation service providers?
7. What are the cost saving opportunities and negotiation levers adopted by large organizations?
8. What are the types of supplies operating in the market? Can a single supplier provide the taxi, car rentals, and car leasing services?+undefined Other Responses
Airline Industry It
We are a prominent market research firm and an authorized zintro partner. One of our clients, would like to speak with professionals knowledgeable about the trends in cargo it space in the airline industry, rfp process, etc. Ideal professionals would have worked as senior it leaders in airline companies such as turkish, msc cruise, singapore and american airlines.+undefined Other Responses
We wishes to collaborate with a consultant possessing knowledge and expertise relative to the airline catering industry. We wish to present a novel business plan to gate gourmet, a major provider of catering services for airlines.+8 Other Responses