Innovation In Technology/materials For Auto Parts
i am writing on behalf of a consulting firm that conducts expert interviews in support of industry-wide studies for many of the world's fortune 1000 companies. We are an authorized zintro partner.
For a current study , we are seeking experts who can share their opinion on the recent and upcoming (next 5 years) innovations in technology and materials for automotive parts (tier 1, tier 2, tier 3). Inputs from academics are also highly valued.
Please note that we are not looking for any confidential information and are only interested in your personal point of view and shared learnings. Our practice is to keep your identity anonymous, as well as that of our client.
We are scheduling 45-60 minute discussions with experts, this/next week and we are happy to provide a compensation for each interview.
If you kindly let me know your contact details (email/phone), i could provide more details on the study and standard process.
We would welcome any referrals to other relevant experts as well.
kolyo+28 Other Responses
Tooling In Global Automotive Industry
We are working on a study on tooling in automotive industry. The scope of application areas for tooling is plastic injection molding, machining, and stamping.
We need your inputs to address the following questions:
1.What are the different types of engagement contracts adopted for tooling by automotive clients?
-what is its % adoption among automotive buyers?
- provide case references for the contract models
-which has higher adoption among clients- direct engagement with the suppliers or allowing tier 1 and tier 2 suppliers to procure on their behalf?
2. Which are the most adopted payment models in the tooling industry for automotive clients?
-what is its adoption level among the buyers?
-provide case references for its adoption among automakers
3. When the procurement of tooling is done by auto parts manufacturers, do automakers pay upfront or practice amortization-based payments? What are the pros/cons of it?
-% range of adoption among automotive clients
-provide case references for the same
4. Do automotive clients buy, lease or rent the tooling?
- what type of tooling products are leased and rented among automakers and auto parts manufacturers
-what is the % range adoption level for buying, leasing and renting of tooling?
-provide the case references for leasing and renting of these tools among automotive buyers
5. What is the adoption level for reusing the tooling equipment among automotive clients?
-what is the major type of tooling products and key applications for which tools are reused among automotive buyers
-provide the case references for the same.
+12 Other Responses