This is a full time employment opportunity for a cell biology scientist in the san francisco area.
The successful candidate will play an integral role as a key team member of a group focused supporting our therapeutic candidate discovery efforts as well as on the development and characterization of high productivity manufacturing cho cell lines.
The successful candidate will be highly skilled in cell biology and state-of-art recombinant protein expression technologies. Extensive experience in high titer expression of proteins in mammalian cell culture systems is required. Additional expertise in transfection and selection of stable cell lines, single cell cloning, and evaluation of clonal cell lines for productivity and product quality is highly desired. In addition, knowledge and background in protein biosynthesis and trafficking is a plus.
-generate recombinant proteins and antibodies to support discovery research
-troubleshoot/optimize expression of difficult to express recombinant proteins
-perform activities associated with production/manufacturing cell line generation and optimization; including transfection, selection, single cell cloning, high throughput screening, cell banking, etc.
-may support early stage process development efforts
-analyze, interpret and effectively present data at group and team meetings, work collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve common goals.
-may supervise and mentor scientific staff
-highly skilled in cell biology and aseptic cell culture of mammalian cells
-extensive experience in expressing proteins in transient expression and stable systems and knowledge/skills in molecular biology and protein biochemistry are highly desired
-preferred qualification: ph.D. Degree with 1-3 years of relevant postdoctoral experience.
-minimum qualification: master’s degree or bachelor’s degree with 8-10 years of direct relevant experience.
-strong publication record and demonstrated expertise in cell biology, protein expression and related fields.+57 Other Responses
Our company is seeking an experienced, motivated, self-sufficient scientist ii/iii for a position based in tyler, texas, usa. the ideal candidate will have significant expertise and a broad background in cellular biology, use of animal models, biochemistry and pathway analysis involving peptides and proteins in pulmonary fibrosis, in particular, and fibrotic disease, in general.
The position is funded to carry out research plans relevant to the advancement of product development. The position is physically located in wet lab space based at the biomedical research facility in tyler, texas. Candidates should be able to demonstrate a track record of independent productive research, show willingness to help guide junior lab members, have strong organizational, written, and verbal skills, and possess the ability to work both independently and as part of a laboratory team.
• develop, implement and execute both animal and cellular models to test efficacy and inform the molecular mechanisms affecting fibrosis in mammalian cells tissues, primarily of the lungs.
• rapidly onboard existing protocols and improve/augment as required
• relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals carrying out experimentation oneself
• independently design or otherwise execute studies to understand proteins and cell signaling pathways associated with tissue remodeling and fibrosis.
• evaluate and incorporate whenever possible cutting-edge technologies and models to drive creative molecular/cellular research.
• accountable for project execution, communication of results to pharmaceutical industry standards and follow-up
• collaborate broadly with members of the program teams based in austin, tx and with collaborating research groups based in tyler, tx.
• prepare and present findings at company and collaborator meetings
• ph.D. In biochemistry, cell biology, molecular biology or in vitro pharmacology, or a relevant biological field with at least 5 years of industry and/or academic experience investigating mechanism of modulation of cellular pathways preferably working with proteins and peptides
• demonstrated understanding of molecular biology, cell biology and biochemistry and hands-on experience with current techniques in protein/peptide isolation, northern/western blotting, qpcr, biochemical assays, histological sample preparation, and mammalian primary cell culture, and their use in dissecting biochemical pathways
• must have experience with in vivo animal husbandry and experimentation in rats and mice including dosing, biological sample collection, terminal procedures, multiple time point sample collections, for example for pk studies
• experience in pulmonary fibrosis specifically and familiarity with fibrotic diseases in general is necessary
• excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to work independently and effectively in a highly dynamic environment
• ability to multi-task to meet aggressive technology development and research goals
we can offer a varied, fast paced and interesting experience as a key contributor in growing company. We are committed to high quality, timely, well-documented science to meet our aggressive corporate development plans. in addition to competitive salaries we offer an attractive benefits package including medical, health & short-term disability insurances and a “flexible within reason” leave schedule up to 3 weeks per year.
+5 Other Responses