Embedded Software Development
Embedded software engineer
exp in c++
embedded greenhills rtos – definite plus
s/w integrity exp – os
cold fire ----
s/w analysis tools, ldra,
the contractor will be responsible for embedded sw development in all phases of software product development life-cycle requirements, architecture, design, implementation and verification.
• b.S. In computer engineering, computer science or equivalent.
• minimum 5 years of embedded sw design experience in the following areas: industrial controls, aerospace, communications, or medical devices, etc.
• experienced with coldfire, arm and/or powerpc micro-processor in a c/c++ environment
• experienced with communication protocols such as tcp/ip, udp, rs232/rs422, hdlc
• experienced with embedded green hills integrity rtos.
• experienced with formal sw development, using configuration management tool (such as clearquest, etc.), requirements traceability tool (such as doors, etc.), sw analysis tools (such as klocwork, pc-lint), sw unit test tool (such as vectorcast, etc.).
• experienced in writing formal documentation such as system requirements specification, system architecture specifications, software requirements specification, software design specification, etc.
• good verbal and written communication skills.
• self starter, team player, multi-tasking with good time management skills.
Nice to have:
• experienced in design of high reliability, safety, redundant fail-safe products is a strong plus.
• experienced with industry standards (iec 61508, do-178b, cenelec-50128, etc).
The key requirement for this candidate will be someone with embedded sw development experience in a real time environment. The cenelec and do-178b that we were focusing on previously is more of a nice to hav+8 Other Responses
Topic: backup software
our client is looking at carbonite. They have done some work on the industry and want to understand the competitive landscape, threats and market dynamics as it relates to the industry.
This will be a 30-60 minute paid phone consultation.+5 Other Responses
Software Engineering Management
Hi - i am looking to recruit a panel of software engineering leaders (e.G., vps/directors - people who lead teams of 20+ engineers). do you have this specific a panel? i am looking for about 50 people from different companies. what would it cost to run about a 20 -25 question survey with them?
thanks!+5 Other Responses
Software Vendor Erp Partnerships
I am looking into software business models based on larger third party platforms, specifically erp platforms such as oracle, sap and sage. I am seeking an opinion on the pros and cons of the symbiotic relationship between independent software vendors and their larger erp partners. Specifically, how does this relationship impact business valuation, growth and exit opportunities compared to software companies that are not dependent on such a third party platform.+10 Other Responses