Hi zintro expert, the zintro blog needs you! we are looking for expert opinions on the news mentioned below and would like to hear from you within the next couple of days. While weâd love your thoughts, we realize that your time is valuable, so here are a couple of things you need to know before deciding whether or not to participate: replies should be brief â about 1-2 paragraphs and include your full name participation is voluntary â no payment will be involved if chosen, youâll be named in the post and weâll include a link to your zintro profile which will generate more visitors for you wondering what the post would look like? Here is a sample: http://blog.Zintro.Com/2012/01/16/keystone-xl-pipeline-pros-and-cons/ hereâs the topic on which weâd love your thoughts: california solar energy bill signed into law all people in california will now be able to purchase up to 100% renewable energy for their homes and businesses. Although renewable energy has been popular in the state for a long time, it was limited to homeowners. Now renters, tenants of multi-unit buildings, and others will have the same access. Participants will receive a credit on their utility bill. The law will go into effect no later than 2014. How long before other states follow suit? Getting your name and expert opinion published on our blog is a great marketing opportunity. If interested, please send us your response via znotes within a couple of days. Don't forget to include your full name. If you have any questions, please let us know. Thank you! the zintro blog team+2 Other Responses
Solutions for power generation by pure renewable means. Range 10kw to 30kw, non intermittant.
Looking for solutions, 10 to 30 kw standalone power generation by pure renewable means
please highlight case studies.
1. Mobile towers
2. Mills, factories operating power tooling machines, hoists and cranes - industrials
3. Agriculture - water pumping, deep borewells, borewell drilling platforms, food processing units
4. Information technology - data centers, air conditioning
5. High rise building housing corporate offices - elevators
today's solutions -
1. Diesel generator sets. Not so green, noise and air pollution.
2. Use a micro turbine running on biofuel, slightly greener
3. Big bang migration (uproot) of existing infra (motors and machines) to dc power or reengineering the internals
4. Hydrogen based. Reforming gas or rain water electrolysis for production using solar/wind power. Storage in existing gas/propane tanks. Finally fuel cells or ice for electricity generation. Fuel cells - can they take the high drain load ? Low fuel cell stack life and high replacement costs. Could not find hydrogen ice vendor.
5. There is no water stream. Pumped and stored hydro was explored. Most of the vendors expect 25 liters per sec force of water, even for smallest pico hydro. Discharge time is too fast, 200 seconds, few minutes. Lasting for at least 4-8 hours looks diffcult.
We studied pumped and stored hydro. Present water turbines expect 25-30 liters per second flow pressure. This works out to 360,000 liters for 4 hours and around 720,000 liters for 8 hours. Solar water pumps available here can pump upto maximum of 160 feet only, this limits kw needed to just about 8-9 kw. We will need 6 of them since their daily limit is 125,000 liters only - given good sunlight conditions. Building storage tanks at that height involves considerable real estate, civil works and costs.
6. Biogas - good for cooking a meal. Capturing the amount of methane needed to last hours through anerobic digestion is the issue. Procuring methane or biomass fuel turned out to be very expensive.+12 Other Responses
Please see the attached information: you can see the you tube video:
the double wind turbine is part of the wave turbine which is patented in the
us. The double wind turbine besides extracting energy from wave as it was
originally designed. Will function just as well a top of a house a boat a
cruise ship or cargo ship. This turbine is a vertical axle turbine. Made up
of two turbines one inside the other and spinning in the same direction.
This turbine can be seen at: https://www.Youtube.Com/watch?V=textqs3tqke
we are interested in licensing it to a company or investors which are interested in manufacturing and marketing it.
You can get in touch with us if you are interested please do ask for more information.+4 Other Responses