Biochemical/fine Chemical Industry
We are looking for an expert consultant in the chemical industry. Specifically, we are interested in someone with a strong understanding of the biochemical and fine chemical industry, inclusive of carbohydrates, nucleosides/tides, amino acids, peptides, building blocks, and other related areas. We are looking for a consultant who is available for phone consultations aimed at understanding the overall market segments, market opportunities, and structural makeup of the different segments.+16 Other Responses
Our company is seeking an experienced, motivated, self-sufficient scientist ii/iii for a position based in tyler, texas, usa. the ideal candidate will have significant expertise and a broad background in cellular biology, use of animal models, biochemistry and pathway analysis involving peptides and proteins in pulmonary fibrosis, in particular, and fibrotic disease, in general.
The position is funded to carry out research plans relevant to the advancement of product development. The position is physically located in wet lab space based at the biomedical research facility in tyler, texas. Candidates should be able to demonstrate a track record of independent productive research, show willingness to help guide junior lab members, have strong organizational, written, and verbal skills, and possess the ability to work both independently and as part of a laboratory team.
• develop, implement and execute both animal and cellular models to test efficacy and inform the molecular mechanisms affecting fibrosis in mammalian cells tissues, primarily of the lungs.
• rapidly onboard existing protocols and improve/augment as required
• relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals carrying out experimentation oneself
• independently design or otherwise execute studies to understand proteins and cell signaling pathways associated with tissue remodeling and fibrosis.
• evaluate and incorporate whenever possible cutting-edge technologies and models to drive creative molecular/cellular research.
• accountable for project execution, communication of results to pharmaceutical industry standards and follow-up
• collaborate broadly with members of the program teams based in austin, tx and with collaborating research groups based in tyler, tx.
• prepare and present findings at company and collaborator meetings
• ph.D. In biochemistry, cell biology, molecular biology or in vitro pharmacology, or a relevant biological field with at least 5 years of industry and/or academic experience investigating mechanism of modulation of cellular pathways preferably working with proteins and peptides
• demonstrated understanding of molecular biology, cell biology and biochemistry and hands-on experience with current techniques in protein/peptide isolation, northern/western blotting, qpcr, biochemical assays, histological sample preparation, and mammalian primary cell culture, and their use in dissecting biochemical pathways
• must have experience with in vivo animal husbandry and experimentation in rats and mice including dosing, biological sample collection, terminal procedures, multiple time point sample collections, for example for pk studies
• experience in pulmonary fibrosis specifically and familiarity with fibrotic diseases in general is necessary
• excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to work independently and effectively in a highly dynamic environment
• ability to multi-task to meet aggressive technology development and research goals
we can offer a varied, fast paced and interesting experience as a key contributor in growing company. We are committed to high quality, timely, well-documented science to meet our aggressive corporate development plans. in addition to competitive salaries we offer an attractive benefits package including medical, health & short-term disability insurances and a “flexible within reason” leave schedule up to 3 weeks per year.
+undefined Other Responses
We seek a highly motivated candidate to join our r&d team. This incumbent will be responsible for managing the biological systems function for r&d. The role will participate in new product development with a focus on high speed, non-contact dispensing for biological applications.
work independently and as a member of cross-functional teams to support research and development by test and verification of new instruments, capabilities, consumables, workflows, and automation platforms
motivate and lead teams of scientists and engineers to accomplish technology and product development goals
be a technical leader and team player in a multidisciplinary environment
mentor and directly supervise biological systems staff
contribute with hands-on participation in the development of molecular biology and chemistry methods to support company growth
work closely with team members to ensure alignment and efficiency in designing and planning development efforts and plan execution
align development plans and project timelines to deliver product design requirements successfully
provide staff with technical guidance and training, as well as identifying resources needed to meet or exceed project goals
lead process troubleshooting efforts and optimization, and identify opportunities for product development process improvements in the biological systems team
demonstrated ability to solve problems independently, run experiments, analyze data, interpret results and modify procedures, present results in public and maintain experimental records
ph.D. In biochemical/ chemical/ biomedical or bio engineering, molecular biology/ biochemistry/ chemistry or related field with 4+ years of industrial experience or a master’s degree in equivalent majors with 7+ years of industrial experience required
hands-on experience in standard molecular biology techniques including dna sample preparation, genomic assay technologies, qpcr and pcr required
experience with technology and product development including leading projects from concept to commercial release
experience in quantitative assay development related to molecular biology and genomics
hands-on experience with next generation sequencing development
hands-on experience with roche (454), illumina miseq and hiseq, pacbio or ion torrent sequencing platforms
desirable skills and attributes:
experience with laboratory liquid handling and automation equipmentexperience in bioinformaticsexperience with synthetic biology
experience working with bsl-2+ level human pathogens and human clinical material, including bacterial and viral pathogensexperience with matlab/ python
please attach your cv here to apply.+26 Other Responses