Looking for an elisa development consultant to assist our company in developing a top-tier elisa kit for a specific marker of interest in mouse and rat models. Elisa consultant's role would be to help our company take the project from start to end of r&d. Major decisions include use of commercial or custom antibodies, identifying/evaluating potential vendors, identifying an elisa development parter, etc.+34 Other Responses
Clinical Laboratory Operations
Laboratory director of operations
the laboratory services provide for a diverse range of simple to highly complex routine and esoteric assays supported by a broad base of technologies including ria, elisa, cell based assays, colorimetric assays, pcr, cell culture, hplc and spectroscopy. In this role you will be responsible for all activities in the laboratory including but not limited to:
- setting direction and allocating resources to assure that the laboratory meets the production requirements while maintaining a quality level that meets regulatory requirements.
- assuring that all facets of people, equipment, documentation and procedures are compliant to all required regulatory agencies.
- recruiting, training, reviewing and mentoring lab employees
- working with the laboratory director, senior management, clinical r&d, quality assurance, sales, finance and other departments as required.
- investigating employee incidents and accidents, communicating these problems to the laboratory director and senior management as required.
- taking an active role in dealing with employee suggestions, complaints and grievances.
- coordinating with lab supervisor(s) in setting performance standards for clinical laboratory personnel.
- working with staff and management to plan and formulate clinical goals and objectives.
- ensuring completion of deliverables and adherence to timelines; track milestones and timelines across projects and institute necessary work flow, personnel and financial resource allocations, making alterations when necessary to meet expectations of clients
- analyzing and resolving issues that have the potential to jeopardize performance and/or ability to meet agreed upon deliverables; analyze financial and operational reports.
- analyzing trends, developing and maintaining a program for organizational learning and sharing of experiences, internally and externally.
- developing programs to improve laboratory efficiency and reduce costs.
- managing laboratory documentation
- maintaining familiarity with the laboratory information system (lis)
- participates as an active member of the clinical laboratory staff to improve the overall efficiency of the laboratory
- participates in planning sessions and coordinates training of technologists with the technical supervisor to improve the performance of the clinical laboratory.
position requires a phd and national certification (ascp) as a medical technologist or clinical laboratory scientist. Minimum of 5-7 years as a laboratory manager/director managing a cro central lab or a bioanalytical lab performing highly complex assays. Experience with the following technologies elisa, pcr, and/or hplc. Strong computer skills and the ability to work in a flexible environment and adapt easily to change in direction.+5 Other Responses
Enzyme-linked Immunosorbent Assay
My company plans to hire an external firm to develop a new multiplexed quantitative elisa assay for several food proteins. We are seeking an independent expert to provide advice during our vendor selection process. There are dozens of companies offering to develop elisa kits, and we need help narrowing the choices.+27 Other Responses