the environmental research center's (erc) at the us air force academy primary mission is to support the air force office of scientific research (afosr) basic research program through faculty and cadet research efforts. The united states air force academy has a long-term vision to establish a multi-year alternative energy program of planning, research and infrastructure investment which started in 2009. The vision involves a mix of research and alternative energy production facilities in solar electric, biofuels, waste-to-methane and other conservation efforts. Given the recent high interest in the use of microalgae in alternative fuels production, our erc has started a biofuels research program. The biofules researcher will aide in developing photosynthetic, growth, and biomass properties of certain microalgae for the purposes of optimizing algal oils production. Research efforts will focus on strain selection/cultivation to improve the overall yield of oils in microalgal mass cultures, in concert with developing novel extraction processes to increase oil harvest yields.
Required skills and knowledge
phd in biochemistry or related field.
Us citizenship required
research background in applied algal biochemistry, physiology and lipid biosynthesis.
Ability to lead and guide a team of laboratory technicians and students, produce reports and other materials to disseminate research results, assist other scientists.
Must have a good working knowledge of laboratory analytical equipment.+10 Other Responses
Biofuels Market In Philippines
The main objective is to understand the biofuels industry (specifically biodiesel, biomass and biomethane) in philippines with respect to the market dynamics, key suppliers, government incentives, market for by-products and key regulatory compliance (required for a biofuels project)
focus geography: luzon, philippines
type of interview: telephonic
interview duration: 60 mins
timeline: before 8th october 2021
expert job title: we are looking at current/ex-employees at a senior level in the biofuels industry or project consultants with experience of setting up biodiesel/biomass/biomethane projects in the above mentioned geography. Some indicative job titles are given below
for current/ex-employees in the biofuels industry:
- senior manager/head/vice president (sales and marketing)
- senior manager/head/vice president (strategy)
- renewables project consultant (biodiesel/biomethane/biomass)
screening questions (must qualify below criteria):
1. Have you been involved in the biofuels industry in philippines (worked at a biofuels company/consultant to a biofuels project)?
2. Will you be able to share insights on the key pointers mentioned below?
Key pointers for discussion:
1. Current demand supply scenario for biodiesel/biomethane/biomass in philippines
2. Key suppliers (in the luzon mainland)
3. Incentives/subsidies offered by the government to promote use of biodiesel/biomethane/biomass
4. High level discussion on local regulatory laws/project compliance applicable during setting up a biofuel project
5. Local market for by-products derived from the use of biofuels (biochar, co2, etc.)+15 Other Responses