Bioinformatics In Pharmaceutical Industry
Exploratory study on bioinformatics within the pharmaceutical industry
i am writing on behalf of a consulting firm that conducts expert interviews in support of industry-wide studies for many of the world's fortune 1000 companies. We are an authorized zintro partner.
for a current study, we are seeking expertise to help us understand the use and application of bioinformatics at large pharmaceutical companies. We are interested in all stages of r&d and drug development, specifically with regard to proteomics.
We are particularly interest in experts with recent or current experience at sanofi, eli lilly, astrazenecaglaxosmithkline. Novartis, pfizer, abbvie, ferring, pharmaceuticals, ironwood pharmaceuticals, protagonish therapeutics, ipsen, intrexon, biogen, shire.
Please note that we are only interested in your personal point of view and expert insight and are not seeking any confidential information.
we are scheduling 45-60 minute phone discussions with experts this and next week and are happy to offer a negotiable usd 250 compensation for each interview.
please note that we are handling the standard zintro fee separately, hence the expert is not involved in paying this. If you kindly let me know your contact details (email and phone/skype), i could provide more specifics on the study and standard process.
we would welcome any referrals to other relevant experts as well.
shannon+23 Other Responses
Bioinformatics And Immunology
We are a non-profit foundation in the early stages of exploring exome sequencing data for patients with the auto-immune / auto-inflammatory disease we focus on.
We're seeking a bioinformatics expert with an immunology focus for understanding some exome sequencing data (fastq, bam, vsf files from a trio + sibling, sequenced twice each using illumina and ion torrent). We're trying to understand what mutations are present and how they might effect the immune system.
We're also interested in getting an annovar annotation of the data we have so far.+14 Other Responses
Genomics & Proteomics
i am woking on post translational modification. I am checking phosphorylation sites that are different between aged and newly synthesised proteins by mass spectrometry. At the moment i just check one protein ( i mean it is not the whole phosphoproteomics of specific cell line). My question is should i enrich phosphorylation just for one specific protein before run in mass spectrometer? Or for one protein i can run directly without enrichment?+4 Other Responses
I am looking for bioinformatics experts+8 Other Responses
Bioinformatics & Big Data Investments
For a current project, we are trying to understand the funding landscape and investment trends in the bioinformatics/big data space.
We are only interested in shared industry learnings rather than confidential information. In exchange for your contribution we would be happy to compensate you for your time. If you're interested, kindly reply with your contact information (e.G. Email, phone, skype) and we will connect with you as soon as possible.
Thank you in advance, and i look forward to hearing from you.
alina strickler+13 Other Responses
This is a full-time employment opportunity onsite in montreal, qc, canada.
**as a manager, biostatistics you will:
- implement project-specific strategies and assist with the development and implementation of department strategies to increase productivity and quality, while decreasing cycle times and costs.
- assist with the oversight of statistical operations personnel. This includes hiring personnel, managing personnel matters, conducting performance evaluations, and training statisticians regarding applicable regulatory guidelines and statistical practices.
- participate in interactions with regulatory agencies and assist with resource allocation and the development of business proposals related to the biostatistics and programming department.
- be responsible for the statistical aspects of projects for clients and project teams through management of internal staff. Provide input into crf and dvs development in all therapeutic areas (e.G. Edit checks for clinical trial data).
- serve as the statistical lead on projects when appropriate and develop a close liaison with the client contacts, sas programmers, biostatisticians, and project managers to drive the statistical aspects of project delivery.
- and more!
**required education and experience**
- phd in statistics, biostatistics, or related field with some applied statistics training relevant to the clinical trials or health research environment and with 3 years of relevant work experience or a master’s degree in statistics, biostatistics, or a related field and 5 to 7 years of biostatistical experience in the clinical trials or health research environment.
- thorough knowledge of ich gcp guidelines and other applicable regulatory rules and guidelines and of medical terminology, clinical trials, and clinical research.
- working knowledge of the relationship and regulatory obligation of the cro industry with pharmaceutical/biotech companies.
**about our client**
join a team that works on groundbreaking compounds and profoundly impacts patients’ lives! they are serious about scientific integrity and has a dynamic company culture, including a focus on work-life balance.
**value proposition for you**
- flexible work schedule.
- proven potential for professional growth.
- a community of brilliant minds at your disposal.
- the stability of working for a robust, financially sound cro that is growing at a sustainable pace.
- exposure to more than 20 therapeutic areas, including cutting edge therapies such as immuno-oncology, biosimilars, gene therapy, and new molecular entities.
Note: please attach your latest cv along with your response on zintro.+34 Other Responses
Healthcare Informatics - Oncology, Esrd
Assignment is on healthcare informatics product/solution offering for disease such as oncology, end stage renal disease, venous, peripheral artery disease, among others.
Most of the product solution offering relates to cater the application areas such as population health management, revenue cycle management, precision medicine, radiology imaging, drug discovery, etc.
Key objective is to understand the overall value these informatics products and solutions offer to their customers; both economical and clinical objective is to understand the following:
1. Overall value chain of the industry to understand:
• key players operating at different level
• how crowded is the domain (no of companies at different level)
• data flow among various stakeholders such as payor, provider, government bodies, patients, research labs
• which application type is highly dominated application (revenue cycle management, population health management, patient engagement, risk stratification, precision medicine, drug discovery, etc.)
• key problems addressed by the product/solution offered in the industry
• what are the current unmet needs, that needs to be addressed in near future
2. What economic and clinical value does this informatics solutions bring in for the customers – providers, payors, government, patients
3 trending technologies (other than ai, ml, big data, etc) in use for developing the informatics solutions for the above mentioned disease+44 Other Responses
Title: bioinformatics software
duration: 6 months contract with possible extension
client has an exciting opening for a bioinformatics software engineer at its research campus located in ashburn, va. The candidate will work with neuroscientists and molecular biologists to produce software that furthers the research goals of the research campus. The candidate will have experience and be familiar with algorithms, methods, and applications for bioinformatics with a preference given to a focus on lims, process control, or similar discipline. Proficiency with years of experience in perl, php, java, or python is essential and development experience in all four is preferred. Experience with statistical analysis packages like r or s-plus is desirable.
software development: will work closely with neuroscientists and develop/extend/maintain common software tools and methodologies that can be used across various research groups. Will program in python, and at least one of the following: perl, php, and matlab.+9 Other Responses
-perform data analysis including next-gen sequencing data analysis, proteomics data analysis
-perform data mining and database generation
-stay abreast of latest scientific and technology advancements in the field
-b.S. Or higher in bioinformatics, computer science or life sciences
-2-10 years of working knowledge of computational biology, including algorithm development
-knowledge of genomics and proteomics software/platforms and sequence databases, highly desirable
-excellent team work and collaboration skills
-demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional environment
-outstanding written and verbal communication skills
-independent, innovative and creative thinker
-detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
-must be able to work in a fast paced, changing environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing responsibilities with a high degree of self-motivation.+15 Other Responses
I am looking for experts who offer 'life science' research support: primary research data processing, research lead generation, data interpretation services, bioinformatics, comparative genomics, genome data analysis+7 Other Responses
We are looking for experts in "artificial intelligence driven precision medicine" to provide commentary and insights towards a startup that developed an open cloud platform that hosts ai driven precision medicine tools known as clinical classifiers.
We are an angel investing platform dedicated to connecting deep-tech startups with angel investors. By deep-tech we mean startups founded on scientific breakthroughs and technological innovations that create lasting impact on mankind.
As a participating expert* in this process, your involvement is limited to answering anywhere between 8-12 investor-submitted questions. This takes about 1 hour (+/-) . Once you are vetted, we send those questions via a web form for your responses. If your contribution is published, it will be view-able by potential investors in this startup, giving you an opportunity to make connections, socialize virtually, and gain bragging rights in a vibrant entrepreneurial and angel investing community.
*at this point, we cannot guarantee any monetary reimbursement. You do get insights to new upcoming technologies in your field and a tremendous networking opportunity!+14 Other Responses
i need a help in bioinformatics (microarray),
from this article: http://genomebiology.Com/content/3/12/research0073
i want to understand the meaning of the following:
on average, each gene is represented by 40 probes: 20 'perfect match' probes , and 20 'mismatch' probes . We refer to the perfect match/mismatch pair as a 'probe pair'. Each gene is thus represented by 20 probe pairs.
My question how is the mismatch and perfect match probes appear or created in the same spot in the microarray?
Thanks+7 Other Responses