Genetic Counselling In California
Job title: genetic counselors
this is a full-time job located in los angeles, ca. (candidates must be licensed genetic counselors or even recent grads that have a master’s in human genetics/genetic counseling)
**essential duties and responsibilities**:
- provides information to clients regarding medical/genetic issues of donors and their family members.
- coordinates requests for special genetic testing of donors; provides follow-up to clients and donors regarding test results.
- manages adverse outcome cases from receiving to closing in a timely and efficient manner; documents cases as required; prepares adverse outcome reports as required.
- conducts genetic interviews of conditionally qualified donors; completes all related paperwork.
- performs final review of donor charts.
- provides information to donors about genetic testing and obtains informed consent; informs donors of test results and counsels donors regarding abnormal results.
- performs chart reviews of donors with vials in discontinued purchase and store accounts.
- assists with design and maintenance of genetic fact sheets, consultation outlines, and summaries for clients, donors, and physicians.
- assists with donor restrictions and client notifications.
- enters and verifies summary of records, genetic test reports, and/or donor updates.
- adheres to department sops.
- participates in continuing education.
- other duties and projects as required.
- master's degree from an accredited genetic counseling program
- board certified or board eligible with the american board of genetic counseling
- licensed or eligible for licensure in california
- two or more years of experience in prenatal or other clinical genetic counseling role
- excellent verbal/written communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- proficiency with ms word/excel+2 Other Responses
Job title: genetic counselor
this is a full-time job and we have 10 openings at the following locations:
1. Los angeles, california
2. Sacramento, california
3. Bucks/montgomery counties, pennsylvania
4. Philadelphia, pennsylvania
5. Arlington, virginia
6. Monrovia, california
7. San antonio, texas
8. Newark, new jersey
9. New haven, connecticut
10. Westborough, massachusetts
- analyzes intake information provides genetic counseling, completes appropriate paperwork, and communicates results.
- contributes to the quality/development of clinical services.
- provide prenatal genetic counseling.
- opportunities for professional growth in areas such as clinical research and publications, community and professional education.
- 4+ years genetic counseling experience.
- ma/ms in human genetics / genetic counseling.
- abgc/abmg certification required.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.+2 Other Responses
Clinical Laboratory Operations
Vice president of clinical operations
purpose of position:
provides leadership for all functions and initiatives to deliver laboratory services in a timely and cost effective manner while ensuring company strategic goals are met for quality and safety, service excellence, growth, and operating efficiency.
• accountable for determining resource needs, and hiring and overseeing qualified staff in offices as part of the patient testing division. This includes staff responsible for carrying out day to day tasks of running laboratory operations, research and development, informatics, time lines, budgets, and overall clinical lab site management.
• ensure quality standards are met that 1) comply with clia and ny state standards.
• ensure effective collaboration of cross-functional activities and teams with other functional groups.
• provide status reports on metrics associated with deliverables in terms of quality, productivity, budgets, and time lines. Make suggestions and demonstrate best efforts in areas of cost- and time-effectiveness in all departmental activities as well as others in which company is engaged.
• represent company well to clients, collaborators, partners, and vendors.
• ms or ph.D. In medical laboratory science, business, healthcare administration, or related field.
• minimum of ten years progressive experience in clinical laboratory operations or three years progressive management experience in integrated clinical or reference laboratory
• extensive knowledge of analytical chemistry, molecular biology and genetics from a methods and quality control perspective
• extensive knowledge of modern principles and practices of instruments and methods used in the collection and analysis in laboratory operations
• extensive knowledge of policies, practices and procedures applicable to laboratory operations
• in-depth experience in quality assurance programs
• strong project management skills; experience in lean/six sigma a plus
• strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate successfully with customers, executive leaders and staff
• ability to plan, direct, and coordinate the work of professional and technical staff in a manner conducive to high technical standards, efficiency and performance
• ability work effectively in a team environment and to engage managers and employees in a culture of growth, respect, knowledge and ownership of quality service+4 Other Responses