This is a full-time employment opportunity onsite in montreal, qc, canada.
**as a manager, biostatistics you will:
- implement project-specific strategies and assist with the development and implementation of department strategies to increase productivity and quality, while decreasing cycle times and costs.
- assist with the oversight of statistical operations personnel. This includes hiring personnel, managing personnel matters, conducting performance evaluations, and training statisticians regarding applicable regulatory guidelines and statistical practices.
- participate in interactions with regulatory agencies and assist with resource allocation and the development of business proposals related to the biostatistics and programming department.
- be responsible for the statistical aspects of projects for clients and project teams through management of internal staff. Provide input into crf and dvs development in all therapeutic areas (e.G. Edit checks for clinical trial data).
- serve as the statistical lead on projects when appropriate and develop a close liaison with the client contacts, sas programmers, biostatisticians, and project managers to drive the statistical aspects of project delivery.
- and more!
**required education and experience**
- phd in statistics, biostatistics, or related field with some applied statistics training relevant to the clinical trials or health research environment and with 3 years of relevant work experience or a master’s degree in statistics, biostatistics, or a related field and 5 to 7 years of biostatistical experience in the clinical trials or health research environment.
- thorough knowledge of ich gcp guidelines and other applicable regulatory rules and guidelines and of medical terminology, clinical trials, and clinical research.
- working knowledge of the relationship and regulatory obligation of the cro industry with pharmaceutical/biotech companies.
**about our client**
join a team that works on groundbreaking compounds and profoundly impacts patients’ lives! they are serious about scientific integrity and has a dynamic company culture, including a focus on work-life balance.
**value proposition for you**
- flexible work schedule.
- proven potential for professional growth.
- a community of brilliant minds at your disposal.
- the stability of working for a robust, financially sound cro that is growing at a sustainable pace.
- exposure to more than 20 therapeutic areas, including cutting edge therapies such as immuno-oncology, biosimilars, gene therapy, and new molecular entities.
Note: please attach your latest cv along with your response on zintro.+34 Other Responses
Bioinformatics & Big Data Investments
For a current project, we are trying to understand the funding landscape and investment trends in the bioinformatics/big data space.
We are only interested in shared industry learnings rather than confidential information. In exchange for your contribution we would be happy to compensate you for your time. If you're interested, kindly reply with your contact information (e.G. Email, phone, skype) and we will connect with you as soon as possible.
Thank you in advance, and i look forward to hearing from you.
alina strickler+13 Other Responses
I am looking for bioinformatics experts+8 Other Responses
Clinical Data Management Billing Rates
i am in need of billing rates for job roles in clinical data management, medical writing and biostatistics for the following countries:
i would require the information by 5th feb 2016 (ist timing) as this is a quick request.
Thank you+19 Other Responses
Bioinformatics In Pharmaceutical Industry
Exploratory study on bioinformatics within the pharmaceutical industry
i am writing on behalf of a consulting firm that conducts expert interviews in support of industry-wide studies for many of the world's fortune 1000 companies. We are an authorized zintro partner.
for a current study, we are seeking expertise to help us understand the use and application of bioinformatics at large pharmaceutical companies. We are interested in all stages of r&d and drug development, specifically with regard to proteomics.
We are particularly interest in experts with recent or current experience at sanofi, eli lilly, astrazenecaglaxosmithkline. Novartis, pfizer, abbvie, ferring, pharmaceuticals, ironwood pharmaceuticals, protagonish therapeutics, ipsen, intrexon, biogen, shire.
Please note that we are only interested in your personal point of view and expert insight and are not seeking any confidential information.
we are scheduling 45-60 minute phone discussions with experts this and next week and are happy to offer a negotiable usd 250 compensation for each interview.
please note that we are handling the standard zintro fee separately, hence the expert is not involved in paying this. If you kindly let me know your contact details (email and phone/skype), i could provide more specifics on the study and standard process.
we would welcome any referrals to other relevant experts as well.
shannon+23 Other Responses
-perform data analysis including next-gen sequencing data analysis, proteomics data analysis
-perform data mining and database generation
-stay abreast of latest scientific and technology advancements in the field
-b.S. Or higher in bioinformatics, computer science or life sciences
-2-10 years of working knowledge of computational biology, including algorithm development
-knowledge of genomics and proteomics software/platforms and sequence databases, highly desirable
-excellent team work and collaboration skills
-demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional environment
-outstanding written and verbal communication skills
-independent, innovative and creative thinker
-detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
-must be able to work in a fast paced, changing environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing responsibilities with a high degree of self-motivation.+15 Other Responses
Bioinformatics And Immunology
We are a non-profit foundation in the early stages of exploring exome sequencing data for patients with the auto-immune / auto-inflammatory disease we focus on.
We're seeking a bioinformatics expert with an immunology focus for understanding some exome sequencing data (fastq, bam, vsf files from a trio + sibling, sequenced twice each using illumina and ion torrent). We're trying to understand what mutations are present and how they might effect the immune system.
We're also interested in getting an annovar annotation of the data we have so far.+14 Other Responses
Vice President, Biometrics
Join a team that works on groundbreaking compounds and profoundly impacts patients’ lives! our client is a distinct, full-service contract research organization with offices in california, massachusetts, and quebec. Due to their growth and investment they have recently relocated our headquarters to southborough, ma. They are serious about scientific integrity and have a dynamic company culture, including a focus on work-life balance.
Value proposition for you:
* flexible work schedule.
* proven potential for professional growth.
* a community of brilliant minds at your disposal.
* the stability of working for a robust, financially sound cro that is growing at a sustainable pace.
* exposure to more than 20 therapeutic areas, including cutting edge therapies such as immuno-oncology, biosimilars, gene therapy, and new molecular entities.
As the vice president, biometrics you will…
* be a critical part of the global core leadership team by being responsible for the guidance and strategic direction of the global biostatistic and data management teams.
* advance the overall success and future growth of our client by having executive contact with current clients, providing key client oversight and strategic project contribution, and contributing to new business development.
* develop and implement department strategies to increase productivity and quality, while decreasing cycle times and costs. Oversee the data management and statistical aspects of client projects and project teams.
* participate in presentations of capabilities and research proposals to prospective clients. Represent data management and biostatistics in marketing efforts by developing project bid proposals, participating at bid defense meetings, or performing client presentations.
* provide oversight of the hiring and management of personnel. Ensure that adequate training occurs and that performance evaluations are completed.
* and much more!
degree in statistics, biostatistics, math, or a related field. Phd or master’s degree preferred.
* at least 15 years of relevant work experience and at least 5 years of supervisory experience.
* experience in a leadership position within biostatistics or data management for a cro.
* have previously contributed to the overall strategic direction of a company or business unit.
* thorough knowledge of ich gcp guidelines and other applicable regulatory rules and guidelines and of medical terminology, clinical trials, and clinical research.
* working knowledge of the relationship and regulatory obligation of the cro industry with pharmaceutical/biotech companies.+27 Other Responses
we would like to understand the best practices with respect to sourcing and engaging with bio-statistics service providers.
We are particularly interested in understanding the commercial model adopted while engaging with these service providers.
We would also like to understand if large organizations combine data managements under statistics & programming?+23 Other Responses
i am looking for expert who can help me with non clinical biostatistics market. My queries are related to:
1. Demand and supply of talent pool required for this service
2. How top 5 pharma, bio-pharma, consumer care companies manage this service? How are they attracting talent pool?
3. How is the outsourcing market? Which countries have large talent pool?, etc.
4. If i am outsourcing this service, who are the top providers in the market?
Interested experts please do share your mail id, i can share a detailed questionnaire on the same.
I might require expertise within 15th august 2015 as the time for our decision is very limited.
Thanks+25 Other Responses
Title: bioinformatics software
duration: 6 months contract with possible extension
client has an exciting opening for a bioinformatics software engineer at its research campus located in ashburn, va. The candidate will work with neuroscientists and molecular biologists to produce software that furthers the research goals of the research campus. The candidate will have experience and be familiar with algorithms, methods, and applications for bioinformatics with a preference given to a focus on lims, process control, or similar discipline. Proficiency with years of experience in perl, php, java, or python is essential and development experience in all four is preferred. Experience with statistical analysis packages like r or s-plus is desirable.
software development: will work closely with neuroscientists and develop/extend/maintain common software tools and methodologies that can be used across various research groups. Will program in python, and at least one of the following: perl, php, and matlab.+9 Other Responses
The subject of my project is about diabetes mellites and chronic kidney disease poct monitory
i will first give a brief about the project then discribe what i need.
In this project we were analysing creatine from 20 diabetic patients by a new tichniques called point of care technique poct which i will attach an article about it, as well as analysisng the creatine the regular way from central lab from plasma and serum each were performed in duplicate.
Cotrols were commercially ordered.
The aim of the study in to validate these creatine level and prove that there is no statistical significant different between poct and central lab result.
So in the attached excel sheet; you will have the poct in replicate from capillary and plasma in the column b,c,d,e whereas the regular cenrtal lab results in f &g
1. So the first thing we need to calculate the mean for all b,c,d,e,f,g
2. Then by using paired "t" student test from excel calculate b vs c
==>and compair between all ctrl if there is a statistically significant difference in sample
==>and if between all sample 1-20
3. Do the same thing for d vs e also if between ctr and sample 1-20
4. Do the same between f & g also if between ctr and sample 1-20
5. By using unpaired t student test analyse if b vs d vs f vs g is different?
All these in excel as will writing a scientific description report about it
please let me know if you need any further description
thank you+13 Other Responses