I am looking for a biomedical engineer/scientist with experience in developing medical technologies especially using nanotechnology. I need advice on various aspects of starting up a medtech/biotech company including financing, product development, technology transfer, business and strategic planning, and navigating the regulatory path.+25 Other Responses
Biotech Engineering Design And Construction
"engineering design and construction–sourcing best practices for vaccines/biotechnology industry"
in-house vs. Outsource:
• how do companies deal with the engineering offices category for vaccines/biotech categories across germany, italy, hungary, uk and usa? (in-house or outsource)?
• what is the widely adopted execution model for this category? (complete in-house, epc, epcm, gc+e&a etc.)
• what are the key dependent factors considered in this regard to decide on using the outsourcing model?
O type of engineering and construction services (basic scheme/design, procurement, construction management and contracting etc.)
o package (groundworks and external works, cleanroom, hvac, building services, electricity, process equipment etc.)
• how do companies source their engineering office services across germany, italy, hungary, uk and usa? (centralized or decentralized)
engagement strategy and contracting:
• how do companies engage with the engineering office suppliers?
O global/regional/local engineering offices
o single/multiple engineering offices
o factors that determine the choice of strategy
• what are the contracting models followed with these suppliers? (reimbursable, lumpsome etc.)?
• what is the duration of the partnership between the clients and the engineering offices?
• what is the cost structure for the key disciplines used in the engineering offices category across germany, italy, hungary, uk and usa?
• who are the top engineering office companies across germany, italy, hungary, uk and usa+4 Other Responses
Biotech Startup Fund
Hi zintro expert,
the zintro blog needs you! we are looking for expert opinions on the news mentioned below and would like to include your point of view. We realize your time is valuable, so here is a brief summary of what we are looking for:
*a brief answer to the prompt about 1-2 paragraphs including your full name
*participation is voluntary no payment will be involved
*if chosen, you will be named in the post and we'll include a link to your zintro profile which will generate more visitors for you
topic and prompt
aiming to fund startups earlier in their lifecycle to fill a gap they've identified in the bay state's booming biotech market, a state agency on tuesday approved $2.2 million in grants for companies to reach early-stage milestones.
"this was a gap in which massachusetts often loses companies to other states," said susan windham-bannister, the outgoing president of the massachusetts life sciences center.
Before the center's board approved the grants to 12 companies, windham-bannister said larger biotech corporations have been moving to the bay state because of "our rich pipeline of early stage companies."
while the center provides loans to slightly larger startups and provides grants to early-stage companies to reimburse them for hiring of interns, tuesday's awards was the first time the center has given grants to companies to help them achieve early milestones, according to center spokesman angus mcquilken.
State-sponsored grants of between $50,000 to $200,000 were offered for companies to complete milestones, such as prototype development, market analysis, clinical trials or business plan development, and the center received 98 applications from 42 cities and towns, according to pamela norton, the center's vice president of industry programs and relations.
What are your thoughts?
Getting your name and expert opinion published on our blog is a great marketing opportunity. If interested, please send a response to the prompt via znotes within 1-2 days. Don't forget to include your full name.
If you have any questions, please let us know.
the zintro blog team
wondering what the post would look like? Here is a sample:
/>+2 Other Responses