Usa Broadband Technology
My company is performing a survey of broadband, cable, wireless and telecom companies in order to help local governments improve their permitting and right-of-way access rules. If you are currently working in this industry and can provide your valuable input for this short survey, please contact me.+13 Other Responses
Telecom Utility Management Solution
We are working with a global telecom major firm for their physical asset management solution requirement. The client is looking for a software solution to consolidate their telecom infrastructure asset information on a centralized level. They want to log the locations of their physical assets (such as poles, underground fiber cables, aerial cables, conduits, handholes, etc) all across north america and ensure a digital record of the same to ensure efficient and improved data management.
The use of technologies like rfid, 3d mapping, gis software mapping,
and other physical/software-based technologies relevant to map the physical assets, needs to be considered.
We are looking for experts in operational experience in physical asset (such as poles, underground fiber cables, aerial cables, conduits, handholes, etc.) management of telecom (preferred)/utility sector. +16 Other Responses
Pole Attachment For Telecom Providers
We are performing market research on behalf of a firm who is interested in improving the pole attachment process for telecommunication providers.
telecommunication providers need to attach their own fibers and cables to existing utility poles in areas of coverage. However, it is a known issue nationwide that there are tensions in the attachment process between the telecom and utilities, who own the power poles. We are interested in understanding ways to improve the pole attachment process for telecoms.
we are specifically interested in understanding:
1.Pain points in the pole attachment process between a telecom and a utility
2.Pole renting vs ownership benefits
3.Concerns with responsibilities such as pole replacements, maintenance, safety, and installation from the point of view of the telecom
4.Potential improvement areas +7 Other Responses
Our multinational firm is looking to speak to experts in the national technical tv and telecom infrastructure space who are or have been in senior management positions (at or above business unit md level). We’d like a spread across types of function such as commercial, product management, operations (incl project management and delivery, maintenance, logistics and service management), technology (it - not helpdesk).
We would like to speak to people who can provide us with an understanding about how the target companies were operated and organized, details of systems and processes used and details of number of ftes /costs within specific functions.
We are looking for people who work or have worked for companies like:
-deutsche funkturn (germany)
-american tower (us)
-red bee / ericcson (uk)
-mobile broadband network limited ("mbnl")
-cornerstone telecommunications infrastructure limited ("ctil") - uk
-wireless infrastructure group - uk
-cellnex (spain, italy, france, netherlands)
-fps towers (france)
-crown castle (usa)
-indus towers (india)
-grupo torresur (brazil)
-wireless infrastructure group (uk)
-enel (italy, france)
-ge grid solutions / alstom grid (usa, asia)
-spml infra (india)
-wasion group (china)
-kore telematics (usa)
-landis + gyr (switzerland)
these are individuals from a terrestrial broadcast, s&m, smart meters or telecom space.
Referrals are also welcomed, thank you.+52 Other Responses
Telecom And Cable Service Provider
We would like to speak with multiple experts based in the us, europe and apac who are familiar with creating a new product, service or bundles from telecom and cable industry. We are interested to speak to managers, director, vp's, c-suites or executives that participated in your company’s initiative to define and deliver a new product/service or bundle of products/services to your customers.
This would be for a 30-min paid phone consult. Please respond with a few brief statements as to your relevance in this space.
1. Does your company has 10m or more customer's paid subscriptions?
2. Is it part of your job to create new product, service or bundles for your company’s customers?
3. To whom do you report (title of person)?
4. Using a scale from 1-10, where 1 is not at all involved and 10 is very involved, how would you rate your personal level of involvement in the initiative to define and deliver a new product/service or bundle to your customers?
5. How recently were you involved in this new product or service initiative?
A. Within the last 12 months
b. Within the last 18 months
6. What was your role in this new product or service initiative? Multiple select.
A. I was responsible for creating the new product, service or bundle
(including the idea, pricing, positioning, placement and metrics)
b. I was a member of a team that created the new product, service or
bundle (including the idea, pricing, positioning, placement and
c. I was responsible for building the marketing program to announce the
new product, service or bundle
d. I led or was a member of the team that defined the requirements for the infrastructure and operations to deliver a new product or service bundle.
+61 Other Responses
Micro-trenching Technology For Fiber Optics Cable
Description/need: to understand the potential of micro-trenching technology in deployment of fiber optics cable in the us
number of experts: 3-4
possible companies: at&t, verizon, centurylink, geo-path, quanta telecommunication services, corporate technology solutions, gca applied technologies, carfco
expert job titles: project manager, engineering head, operations manager
we are looking for expert having significant experience in purchase and contracting of laying of fiber optic cables through micro trenching technology who can give us an understanding of the overall market for micro trenching.
1) which are the top application areas of micro-trenching within the optical fiber application space?
2) who are the top players engaged in procuring and laying optical fiber cables using micro trenching technology in us and canada?
3) what are the advantages of micro trenching over other methods of laying optical fiber cables?
4) in terms of optical route miles, what will be the market for optical fiber cable in us? What share will be through micro trenching ?
5) who are the entities present in decision making and deployment of fiber optic cables in the us through micro-trenching. +6 Other Responses
Fiber Optical Cables
i am looking for the information on industry best practices with respect to the procurement of fiber optical cables.
Brief about the project: currently i am working for a telecommunication company who is looking to gain an understanding about the industry best practices with respect to the procurement of fiber optical cables.
1. What are the various types of fiber optical cables and which are highly used in telecom industry?
2. What is the average spend of large telecom companies on fiber optical cables?
3. What is the industry best practice with respect to engagement strategy of fiber optic cables - global vs. Regional vs. Local. - do large organizations engage with suppliers at global level or regional level or local level? What are the pros and cons of each model and which is the best model and why?
4. With how many supplier do large telecom companies work with?
5. Who are the top suppliers and what are their geographical and operational capabilities? What are the key parameters to choose a service provider?
6. What are the key trends with respect fiber optic cable manufacturers?
7. What are the opportunities of consolidation other telecom requirements with the fiber optical cable manufacturers?+2 Other Responses
Facilitator to set up executive level meetings with telco's or cable tv mso's with a minimum of 200,000 subs or customers. Company with proven success internationally wanting to enter us market. Product is knowledge based diagnostic tools to substantially increase broadband network problem resolution at level one.+20 Other Responses
Fiber Optic Cables Laying And Maintenance
we are a global market research firm and are seeking experts who can assist us identify key trends and practices in the laying and maintenance of “fiber optic cables” in the us.
List of requirements are given below:
leading vendors (scope - us)
• key suppliers involved in “fiber optic cable” laying and maintenance
o construction companies
• experience (if possible in fiber optic laying)
• industries served & types of construction projects
• innovations & trends in fiber operations and laying process /new methods of construction (prefabricated, modular etc.) /technology etc.
Pricing models (scope - us)
• engagement models/pricing models, contract structures & payment terms while engaging with construction companies during fiber optic cable laying
• cost structures & key drivers
• pricing for installation, deployment & maintenance – standard rates for fiber optic cables per meter
• hypothesis –
o is it possible to engage directly with sub-contractors?
O “prices of smaller sub-contractors are higher than larger players”
industry trends & practices (scope - us)
• what are telecommunication companies doing in terms of pricing model and engagement model?
• best practices from other industries that can be incorporated in the telecom industry?
• negotiation levers while engaging with construction companies for fiber laying process
we would like to engage via phone consult with experts knowledgeable about fiber optic cable laying/construction industry. Ideal candidates should have deep knowledge of industry trends and practices, key suppliers, pricing models, contract structures, best practices etc.
We are looking for a phone consult for a time period of 1-2 hours to discuss all points mentioned above. Kindly drop in a note with your cv/relevant experience in the “fiber optic cable laying/construction” industry, if you are interested to proceed.
thomas+9 Other Responses
i am looking for expertise in telecom procurement (enterprises procuring telecom services from carriers). Kindly reach out to me based on your level of comfort in discussing the below mentioned topics.
1. European mobile career specific:
a. What are the advantages to contract with the free move alliance vs. Individual contracting locally with national carriers within the region?
B. How do enterprises contract with freemove alliance? What are the negotiation levers they make use of while contracting with freemove alliance? What are the specific steps encountered while transitioning from local sourcing towards freemove alliance?
C. What are the current strengths of at&t within the eu for providing fixed line data solutions and services?
D. What experience does at&t have within the eu for managing sub-contractors?
E. How will the recent performance regarding telefonica and de-bundling some of its products affect the service delivery for their services.
F. What are the effects of the recent announce from bt regarding bt wholesale on enterprises procuring services from them?
G. Does bt have operating licenses within all countries in eu to provide fixed voice? Can they provide a single managed service provision for all countries?
2. Global trends
a. Is there a trend in commoditizing fixed voice by region or globally with one provider?
B. What are the common key points to consider if awarded globally?
3. South america
a. What is the current forecast for brazil with the upcoming world events scheduled?+16 Other Responses
I work for a prominent expert network working in partnership with zintro. We would like to source multiple experts on behalf of an institutional investor. Specifically, we are looking for the following type of expert:
our client would like to speak with individuals formerly employed at major telecom/cable companies in europe within the past three years.
Please respond back with your current/ recent employment history, contact info, or linkedin profile for reference.+6 Other Responses
Rural Broadband Market
We are looking to connect with multiple industry experts in the rural broadband space that have experience with isps as well as outsourced customer support / help desk services.
This would be for a 1-hour paid phone consultation. Please respond with a brief description of your experience in this space along with your answers to the following:
1. What is your experience in the rural broadband space and how long have you worked in it (i.E., worked for an isp provider, etc.)?
2. Have you been tasked or involved with determining how to handle end-user/subscriber tech support? To what degree?
3. Have you worked with / been exposed to different types of rural broadband providers (i.E., dsl, cable, wisp, etc.)
+30 Other Responses