Local candidate or willing to relocate on their own.
Duties include installation, configuration, integration, administration and troubleshooting of microsoft sql server database servers, infrastructure, and databases.
- build and support sql server systems and databases. Provide database change management services in support of customer initiatives.
- administer sql server database servers on a day-to-day basis.
- actively participate in, and in most cases lead troubleshooting, configuration and administrative efforts.
- plan for infrastructure and operational changes such as sql server upgrades, code migrations, and applications/infrastructure upgrades.
- configure, manage and troubleshoot sql server log shipping, transactional and merge replication.
- troubleshoot database performance problems. Analyze performance to isolate problems. Resolve issues to restore service and maintain optimal performance.
- manage support desk ticket queues and application requests.
- setup of maintenance plans, scheduled jobs, etc. For sql server instances.
Requirements and qualifications:
- minimum 10 years industry experience systems in a 24x7 enterprise environment including at least 5 years experience supporting microsoft sql server.
- expert level experience installing, configuring, managing, backup/recovery, disaster recovery, and troubleshooting microsoft sql server 2000, 2005, and 2008.
- experience with microsoft windows server 2003 and 2008 high availability clustering, networking, enterprise storage systems, directory services, application and infrastructure monitoring, and server virtualization.
- significant experience with sql server log shipping, transactional and/or merge replication implementations.
- experience designing relational database objects such as tables, stored procedures, triggers, and ssis packages.
- experience with isolation levels, locks, sql server performance tuning, and optimization.
- experience with capacity planning, benchmarking, load testing, scaling, and load balancing desired.
- experience with open-source databases such as mysql, postgresql a plus.
- bachelor’s degree, preferably in a technical discipline, is required. Microsoft certified it professional or other industry certifications a plus.
- candidates must thrive in a 24x7 environment and be available for after hours support.
- excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work effectively across a diverse team.
- candidates must be proactive, innovative, collaborative, and driven to achieve desired results.+6 Other Responses
We are looking for a motivated, passionate and highly skilled data architect. This role will work cross-functionally across engineering and global it to ensure seamless integration with end to end systems to ensure scalability, flexibility and high-availability.
The objective of the engagement will be to:
â¢ review data definitions
â¢ standardize data policy and processes.
Â¢ reduce data redundancy and fragmentation.
Â¢ eliminate unnecessary movement of data.
Â¢ strive to improve data quality.
Â¢ recommend approaches for modernization, data quality improvements, highly adaptable, scalable and high performance.
The data architect will understand and document the lifecycle of data through its transformation and use across multiple systems. In addition to current state the architect will also provide a comprehensive design of the data landscape making recommendations to enhance structure, control and consistency, addressing all the items below
â¢ data governance
â¢ data structure.
Â¢ data architecture
â¢ master data management
â¢ data quality
â¢ data security
â¢ data storage
â¢ archival and retirement
this is a 6 month contract opprotunity and the consultant must be willing to be compensated under a w2 arrangement.+7 Other Responses