Global Temperature Increase From Co2 Emissions
We developed different scenarios for the world and now try to translate the co2 emissions into a temperature increase by 2100. Our main drivers in the model are electricity generation from coal, gas, oil, and ice vehicles.
We already translated these into co2 emissions but now need help to translate those yearly co2 emissions into a temperature increase by the year 2100.
We are looking for an expert in climate change helping us with the approach for our caluculation and verifying some of our assumptions. +18 Other Responses
Corporate Carbon Neutrality
We are looking for experts with experience in handling carbon neutrality at the corporate level, the existing partnerships set up to reduce co2 emissions, and can speak on how would consumers react to co2 reduction.
We are interested in individuals from the marketing & sustainability departments who can speak about the importance of carbon neutrality in the eye of the end consumers.
This is a paid 1-hour phone consultation. Please provide a brief answer as to your relevance to the space below.
1. Do you have knowledge of how the company handles carbon neutrality at the corporate level?
2. Can you share insights about how the importance of co2 reduction to consumers and how they react to it?
3. Can you speak about a marketing strategy that can be deployed around carbon neutrality?+26 Other Responses
Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reduction
Our client is a top 3 global mining company that is putting in place a plan to reduce its carbon footprint. One of the elements of its plan is to achieve ghg emissions reduction by electrification of the rail system that carry iron ores from mines to the shores
the ita program
as part of their ghg emissions reduction planning process, our client is interested in forming teams of outside experts to review their plans, roadmaps, business cases and technology choices. These teams, called itas (for independent team analysis), are designed to be composed of experts from industry, academia, government or other sources. Their mandate will be to review plans and answer some technical questions as they arise in the course of their work. However, they are not meant to be full consulting teams taking on large projects.
Geography: global, with a focus north and south america.
Below are the specific areas that we are looking for experts in, including the kind of background and qualifications they should have, a general idea of the position responsibilities and a few screening questions.
experienced strategic planner for greenhouse gas emissions reduction in large organizations. Experience with large energy-intensive industrial operations would be a plus.
experience in ghg goal setting, strategy development, ghg accounting, program management
analyze and comment on the overall vale ghg reduction strategy: goal setting, feasibility, optimization, accounting
validate assumptions going into vale plans
advise on best practices in goal setting and planning
can you help another organization review their ghg reduction plans in terms of quantitative goals, technology roadmap, investment required?
would you be able to assist them in finalizing their ghg reduction strategy?
would you be able to guide them on management approaches required to implement the strategy?
would you be able to share examples of how other companies and/or large facilities are planning to reduce ghg emission?+19 Other Responses
Sustainability In O&g Procurement
We are looking to identify best practices and strategies for sustainability and esg initiatives for oil and gas industry, from the perspective of the procurement function. We need to understand how procurement can enable sustainability initiatives like carbon emission reductions, local contingent requirements etc.
Following are the key questions we had:
1. Key categories to be focused on by the procurement function:
• which direct or indirect categories within oil & gas procurement have the highest carbon emissions?
• which categories have the highest potential for deployment of sustainability practices and reduction of carbon emissions?
• for which categories can sustainability practices be deployed over short term and long term?
• please provide a ranking (low to high) and rationale for the above questions
2. Best-in-class procurement practices
• what are the emission reduction initiatives which have been followed by procurement divisions of top oil and gas companies?
• for which categories (direct or indirect) are oil and gas companies more receptive to adopting sustainability practices? Which categories can be considered relatively easier to manage from a sustainable procurement pov?
• please provide relevant case studies and examples for above questions
we are looking for experts from oil & gas companies like shell, exxonmobil, bp, chevron etc. Who have worked on sustainable procurement & carbon emission reduction initiatives previously.
Alternatively, experts from esg rating and consulting companies like vigeo eiris, s&p, msci, bloomberg, thomson reuters etc. Who have worked on such sustainability initiatives for oil & gas companies would also be suitable.
+18 Other Responses