Underground Coal Gasification (ucg)
I will soon be conducting a retained search for a managing director of coal & biomas upgrading for a prominent beijing-based energy consortium, and i will be looking for someone who has developed a substantial ip portfolio in coal gasification technology and biomass conversion. This individual will also need to have a strong ip commercialization history, and they will be chartered with helping establish and implementing broad-based clean coal and biomass conversion initiatives throughout china and the rest of the world.+2 Other Responses
Carbon Black Feedstock
Carbon black feedstock:
i represent a leading procurement intelligence firm and currently work as a lead analyst in the specialty chemicals domain.
I am currently looking out for experts who can share market insights on carbon black feedstock (cbfs). The consultant may be requested to share detailed knowledge on
1) difference between coal-based (coal tar & anthracene oil) cbfs and petro-based (fcc decant oil & ecr) cbfs. What is the difference in cost, pricing and yield of carbon black derived?
2) production cost difference between petro and coal based cbfs? What are the cost drivers?
3) supplier landscape, identification of top suppliers of cbfs especially in india, china, russia, na. What is the present supply-demand situation of carbon black feedstock and how it is expected to be in next 5 years?
4) how much of carbon black feedstock is required to obtain 1 mt of carbon black? What % of total production cost of 1 unit of carbon black is cbfs?
5) are price indices usgc 3% (platts) and rotterdam 1 % (platts) used to benchmark cbfs pricing. How is actual feedstock prices benchmarked against the indexes? From there on how are discounts offered on the final cb price?
6) analysis on price delta between coal based feedstock and platt’s index oil based feedstock
7) do chinese and russian carbon black producers have access to cheaper cbfs? Analysis of russian carbon black feedstock (petro & coal) production cost vs. Rotterdam 1% index
8) do chinese cb players have cost advantage due to access to coal-based cbfs? If yes, to what extent in time would this advantage expect to sustain/continue?
9) are there any potential environmental legislative impacts on carbon black feed stock?
10) downstream industries for cbfs? On a % of consumption of cbfs.+28 Other Responses
Carbon Based Feedstock
Looking for a sales consultant/ expert in carbon/ carbon based feedstock/ carbon credits to share detailed market insights and information on the following:
1) knowledge of comparison of carbon based feedstock (cbfs) between coal-based (coal tar & anthracene oil) and petroleum based (fluid catalytic cracking decant oil & ecr); difference in cost, pricing and percentage/ quantity yield of derived carbon black?
2) supplier landscape- top suppliers of cbfs for north america, and brazil, russia, india, & china (bric) nations; present supply-demand situation- who is supplying the largest percentage of carbon and what is the corresponding percentage market share of the top ten suppliers; and next 3-5 years?
3) which are the largest consumers? What is there geographic location? Is there a relationship between their carbon use and their location? If there is, what is this relationship and it’s importance?
4) which are the largest markets, the present production methods and corresponding yields? Price advantages due to domestic processes or supply?
5) knowledge of potential environmental legislative impacts on cbfs market.
6) what is your experience or ability in establishing an internal seller’s market based upon a known quantity and consistent supply of material?
Given the following:
1) created carbon ~23,000 metric tons
2) carbon credits for reduction/sequestration of green house gases (ghg) ~ 1.8mm units
7) for the above saleable products- carbon and the carbon credits, please answer the following as appropriate:
what are the different grades available on the market?
What feedstock results in the best grades of carbon?
What is the best sales cost per pound based upon grades?
What are the highest margin applications for the carbons based upon their grades?
8) what is the size/volume of the activated carbon/ charcoal market- household/ commercial/ industrial/ medical?
9) which of the applications has the largest volume? And which consequently has the highest valued market?
Who are at present the largest suppliers?
What are the obstacles to entry into the market as a supplier?
Is there an open internet market?
10) what is the best method to leverage on the open market a known and consistent quantity of carbon of varying grades, and carbon credits?
What is the outlook for the future of the above markets?
11) how would you prepare to participate in the entry of carbon or carbon feedstock sales for the following:
carbon black- tire & non-tire rubber production
12) would you have or be able to exploit the following potential contacts:
1) carbon credit purchaser for major ground/ air transportation company?
2) national water association contact for activated charcoal+8 Other Responses