Hi zintro expert,
the zintro blog needs you! we are looking for expert opinions on the news mentioned below and would like to hear from you within the next couple of days.
While wed love your thoughts, we realize that your time is valuable, so here are a couple of things you need to know before deciding whether or not to participate:
- replies should be briefâ about 1-2 paragraphs and include your full name
- participation is voluntary no payment will be involved
- if chosen, youll be named in the post and weâll include a link to your zintro profile which will generate more visitors for you
wondering what the post would look like? Here is a sample: http://blog.Zintro.Com/2012/01/16/keystone-xl-pipeline-pros-and-cons/
heres the topic on which wed love your thoughts:
researchers of the unit of medicine design and molecular topology (department of physics chemistry) of the university of valencia (uv) have discovered eight new active molecules against alzheimers disease by a novel mechanism of action, different to the currently used medicines. The work has just been published in the plos one magazine.
One of the most relevant aspects of the work is that the new molecules have been designed following a mechanism which implies the inhibition of the deposit of the beta-amyloid protein, which causes the disease to originate and the creation of small fragments of protein, called oligomers, which originate in the initial stages of the disease and seem to play a determinant role in the development of the process.
What are your thoughts about the research?
Getting your name and expert opinion published on our blog is a great marketing opportunity. If interested, please send us your response via znotes within a couple of days. Donât forget to include your full name.
If you have any questions, please let us know.
the zintro blog team+4 Other Responses
my client is a privately held, clinical-stage therapeutics company focused on discovering and developing drugs to treat diseases of the microbiome. The biology of the microbiome is driven by ecologies – the functional collections of various organisms – which are central to health and disease. My client is developing ecobiotic® therapeutics, which are live bacterial ecologies, to treat diseases that have an underlying microbiome biological cause.
The successful candidate will participate in activities to develop robust processes for the reliable manufacturing of ecobiotic® therapeutics.
* execute with senior laboratory staff the delivery of materials for pre-clinical and clinical development
* conduct process development activities for fermentation including media development, fermentation optimization, but also recovery, purification, and formulation
* develop analytical assays to support process and product development
* technology transfer of processes and assays to clinical and commercial manufacturing operations
* participate in developing critical core intellectual property
* ms degree in microbiology, biochemistry, or a related discipline with at least 1-2 years’; bs and 2-5 years relevant experience
* experience with fermentation optimization, microbial physiology and metabolism, and media design
* quantitative microbiological skills (e.G. Microscopy, cytometry, metabolite analysis) are essential
* relevant lyophilization and cryopreservation biochemistry experience
* working knowledge of statistical experimental design and data analysis
* ability to work with advanced analytical instrumentation and fermentation equipment
* team player capable of working in a fast-paced environment
* strong analytical, communication and organizational skills
in addition, the candidate should be familiar with the following skills as part of a normal working environment:
* evaluation of cell physiology by microbiological methods (microscopy, colony morphology, enzymatic profiling, etc.)
* comfort with mechanical systems (assembly, troubleshooting, maintenance)
* ability to precisely follow and author standard operating procedures (sops)
* working knowledge of office productivity software and the ability to quickly learn new software
my client offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including base salary, bonus potential and stock options.+11 Other Responses