Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reduction
Our client is a top 3 global mining company that is putting in place a plan to reduce its carbon footprint. One of the elements of its plan is to achieve ghg emissions reduction by electrification of the rail system that carry iron ores from mines to the shores
the ita program
as part of their ghg emissions reduction planning process, our client is interested in forming teams of outside experts to review their plans, roadmaps, business cases and technology choices. These teams, called itas (for independent team analysis), are designed to be composed of experts from industry, academia, government or other sources. Their mandate will be to review plans and answer some technical questions as they arise in the course of their work. However, they are not meant to be full consulting teams taking on large projects.
Geography: global, with a focus north and south america.
Below are the specific areas that we are looking for experts in, including the kind of background and qualifications they should have, a general idea of the position responsibilities and a few screening questions.
experienced strategic planner for greenhouse gas emissions reduction in large organizations. Experience with large energy-intensive industrial operations would be a plus.
experience in ghg goal setting, strategy development, ghg accounting, program management
analyze and comment on the overall vale ghg reduction strategy: goal setting, feasibility, optimization, accounting
validate assumptions going into vale plans
advise on best practices in goal setting and planning
can you help another organization review their ghg reduction plans in terms of quantitative goals, technology roadmap, investment required?
would you be able to assist them in finalizing their ghg reduction strategy?
would you be able to guide them on management approaches required to implement the strategy?
would you be able to share examples of how other companies and/or large facilities are planning to reduce ghg emission?+19 Other Responses
Carbon Neutral - Market Analysis
From my secondary research i found the below findings. I would like to have further information with respect to carbon neutral market,
1. To understand the latest trends and negotiation factors between the carbon neutral consultants and their customers. I already have a visibility over negotiation factors for normal consultants under professional services. Would negotiation factors for carbon neutral consultants differ from the normal consultants?
2. I found few construction and professional service companies involved in carbon neutral consulting. I would like to have a clarity over this.
3. Apart from re self generation and procurement of certificates and offsets, energy efficiency in buildings and electric vehicles usage are there any other options to reduced the carbon foot print?+15 Other Responses
Battery Recycling Plant
We are an engineering company in japan that wants to enter new business into the battery recycling market.
1. We have advanced technologies in nmp recycling this can also be applied to other chemicals.
2. We also have advanced ion exchange technology that target precious
metals selectively. We are thinking to apply them to lithium and precious metals in battery recycling.
3. We have r&d and equipment design capabilities, we can partner and co r&d with battery recycling related companies.
We want someone to help research and validate the said topics in relation to our company's direction.+16 Other Responses
Food Science And Technology
I am looking to connect with one or more food science and technology experts for 2 short term experts (60 workdays each) for a duration of 3 months to work with jordanian food sector manufacturers in jordan to :
1. Identify technical and quality gaps with regard to export market requirements
2. Establish a technology watch system in designing a database containing needed information on the latest processed food & manufacturing technologies”
3. Defining detailed action plan that help designing and implementing tailored technical support services to smes”.
• a degree in engineering or any relevant field.
• a degree in engineering or any relevant field.
• a minimum of (10) ten years experience in carrying out technical diagnostics, production management, and quality enhancement in the agri-business & processed food sector.
• a minimum of (10) ten projects (2 projects per specialty) carried out in technical diagnostics and production management, quality enhancement and technical training in the agri-business & processed food sector. The two experts should cover most agri-business & processed food manufacturing technologies.
• sound experience and updated knowledge in the agri-business & processed food technology
• knowledge of international best practices in technical diagnostics and technology watch; and
• knowledge of eu and gulf countries quality requirements
• proficiency in english
• proficiency in arabic is an asset
if interested, please contact me via zintro before july 23st.+10 Other Responses