Paints & Coatings Industry
I am writing on behalf of a consulting firm that conducts expert interviews in support of industry-wide studies for many of the world's fortune 1000 companies. We help businesses answer questions by engaging with the world’s most relevant experts. So far we have delivered over 750 studies with input from over 15,000 individuals. We are an authorized zintro partner.
For a current study, we are trying to understand paints & coatings industry trends (in na, eu and china). We are interested in speaking with an expert with strong knowledge of the following:
· current concerns/disruptions in the paints/coating industry
· what the future paint industry will look like
· selling outcomes (final results versus just volume of product)
· artificial intelligence used for b2c sales, manufacturing operations, and supply chains
target functions: r&d, manufacturing, sales or business strategy
target companies: experts should currently be working at top companies in the paints and coating industry, we are not looking for consultants.
Please note that we are only interested in your personal point of view and expert insight and are not seeking any confidential information.
We are scheduling 45-60 minute discussions with experts next week and are happy to offer a negotiable usd 250 compensation for the discussion. Please note that we are handling the standard zintro fee separately, hence the expert is not involved in paying this.
If interested, kindly let me know your contact details (email and phone) and a short bio relating to your relevant experience.
We would welcome any referrals to other relevant experts as well.
kruti+12 Other Responses
We are working on a project regarding coating services for oil and gas plants to prevent corrosion in harsh onshore and offshore environments. Therefore, for the same, we would like to connect to experts who have worked in coating services companies or have procured coating services. We are interested in connecting with experts who would have expertise regarding technology and other market related information, specific to south-east asia.
The key questions that need to be answered are as follows:
1. What are the different technologies in coating services? Please describe the traditional methods (dry abrasive blasting etc.) as well as the newer methods such as painting, pipe wrapping and encapsulation and anything new? We want to understand various alternative surface preparation, painting, pipe wrapping and encapsulation technology. We want to know the procedures in detail, as well as their pros and cons. Is there any other alternate method apart from the aforementioned?
2. Benchmark cost per m2 to blast/paint/wrap vs conventional methods (i.E. Dry abrasive blast)
3. Who are the major global players for end-to-end coating services, with presence in malaysia? As well as local suppliers for coating services in the o&g industry?
4. What are the different types of painting? Please state the entire procedure. As we understand, painting is required after abrasive blasting. Is painting required after pipe wrapping and encapsulation as well? Or is it that, first abrasive blasting needs to be done, then painting and then pipe wrapping?
5. How is the abrasive media market and the outlook for south east asia, malaysia in specific? Do you foresee any shortage of abrasive media and subsequent price rise?
6. Insights on market conditions (supply and demand dynamics) in south east asia, specifically malaysia. Are there any challenges/constraints in the market (supply constraints, disruptions, unforeseen demand increase)? Confirm if there is a lack of qualified blasters and painters in malaysia. This affects the eventual work quality and leads to longer ramp-up times.
7. Cost structure – elaborate on cost drivers (and their % contribution to overall cost) of coating services. For all the different types of coating services – dry abrasive blast and newer methodologies.
8. Information on new innovations, emerging technologies and do you see these technologies getting adopted by major suppliers?
9. What are the typical criteria specified in blaster and painter role in contracts? How are the kpis and the slas?
10. Who are the market leaders in abrasive media distribution in malaysia? Whether garnet alternatives (if pursued) are available in sufficient quantity to meet market demand?
Regards,+27 Other Responses
Anti-microbial copper compounds for paints:
we are looking for experts in paint formulation and the use of additives to impart anti-microbial properties to decorative paints. Experts familiar with the use of anti-microbial coatings in general would be valuable.
In particular, we are interested in understanding which anti-microbial additives are used in paints today, which are being considered for the future, and which have been trialed and deprioritized.
We are especially interested in discussing the use of copper compounds, such as copper oxides, to formulate anti-microbial paints. Is this used today? Why or why not? What are the technical or commercial limitations in this approach?
We are looking for 3-5 experts over the next 1.5 weeks for a one hour phone call. Go ahead and do jit recruiting if necessary. +27 Other Responses