Agricultural Commodity Sourcing
We have a short term assignment in the commodity sourcing.
We are looking for the experts with the 20+ years experience in agricommodities (like sugar/cocoa/coffee/coconut/etc) sourcing who has the experience strictly from india /singapore only.
Preferably the experts should have worked in the consumer goods firms like unilever, nestle, etc or commodity sourcing firms such as olam international, cargill, wilmar, etc.
Independent experts or boutique consultants are also welcome.
The experts should have work exp in singapore (or) india.
Please mail your profile to or comment here .+6 Other Responses
I am nagarajan, a researcher from india currently working on a deep-dive analysis on cocoa processing (cocoa butter/ liquor and ratios). Please find my requirements below.
• provide the bean to liquor ratio for each of the major cocoa processing companies – bc, olam (cargill,) for each major sourcing location (cdi/ ghana/ ecuador, indonesia)
• what is the breakeven combined ratio for producers (liquor + butter) beyond which processing companies start to lose money.
• what is the bean type that is most prevalent in these countries
• how much higher is the yield major buying companies higher than average – how is this made possible? What is the process used?
• are major buying companies only sourcing only a particular type of bean? If so what type, how do they source it
• what are the costs breakdown to convert cocoa bean to cocoa liquor at top 3 clusters of eu (belgium), sea (singapore) and north america?
• what is an average transportation / handling charge to arrive at the fob port price of cocoa bean at each major producing country
experts with strong expertise on these topics please contact me.
nagarajan+3 Other Responses
Cocoa Price Hedging
Cocoa price hedging, selling through the physical futures market
i'm starting a business exporting cocoa beans from haiti to the usa, some 200-500 tons yearly. I'm interested to know how feasible it is to sell the beans through the physically settled futures market. I also need some information concerning the best way of insuring compliance with the contract by the buyer (if it were not a futures contract) . Also what is the general price relative to the spot price that beans are sold for at warehouse.+3 Other Responses
Cocoa Butter Equivalents
Subject: cocoa butter equivalents
we are looking for information cocoa butter equivalents and substitues with focus on global market size supply demand outlook, prices, etc. Please get back to us , if you can help us in this regard
thank you in advance+3 Other Responses
Cocoa Bean Liquor
i am looking for cocoa bean consultant who should have at least 10-15 years of experience in chocolate industry. The concerned person should have knowledge related to cocoa bean to liquor yield, bean varieties, bean count for different countries and should be able to provide information on the same.
+4 Other Responses
I have access to 300 tonnes of cocoa beans annually (in the carribbean). It will be 600 next year and will go up to 1000. What is the best way to process them please? How much value to add locally? Only fermentation and essication? Another additional stage? Thank you. Best regards. Stefano borghi+7 Other Responses
Cocoa Bean Processing
i am looking for cocoa bean consultant in india who should have at least 5-10 years of experience in cocoa bean processing industry. The concerned person should have knowledge related to cocoa bean to liquor yield, bean varieties, bean count for different countries and should be able to provide information on the same.
kiran +6 Other Responses
Cocoa Butter Substitute
Looking for an expert on cocoa butter substitute+3 Other Responses
Cocoa Butter Substitute
We are looking for information cocoa butter making plant consultants and cocoa equivalents and substitues with focus on global market size supply demand outlook, prices, plant suppliers+7 Other Responses
Looking for r&d/flavor experience on hot cocoa. Trying to match cocoa level and provide a flavor system similar to swiss miss without use of his. Anyone have input with ~% values that would be useful please share.+5 Other Responses
1. What type of soil is suitable for cocoa and coffee planting? What soil-type must be avoided?
2. What is the average length of time taken from planting to producing?
3. What is the average yield per hectare? From maturity to highest peak?
4. In cocoa, what is the conversion from fruits to dry beans?
5. Tan coffee, any fix conversion rate? Fruits to powder?
6. Kindly list cocoa bean price and coffee bean price for 2005 to 2014?+4 Other Responses
This is aravind, an analyst part of the food and beverage ingredients domain of ***** ***, india. Currently, i'm involved in a study on ‘current supply risks in cocoa market’ and ‘best practices followed by cocoa processors in cocoa procurement’.
It would be of great help to me if you could let us know your view points for the below mentioned queries related to cocoa supply risks and best practices.
1. What are the current major supply risks faced by cocoa processors in cocoa producing countries like ivory coast, ghana and indonesia?
2. Through the secondary research, i came to know that the global cocoa market will face a supply deficit in long term till 2020. Can you please let me know your views on it?
3. What are the current best practices followed by cocoa processors to mitigate the risks in their cocoa procurement?
4. What are the sustainability measures/programs adopted by major cocoa processors in countries like ivory coast, ghana and indonesia?
5. What % of the total global cocoa bean production 4 million mt is sustainable? (or) covered under sustainability measures currently undertaken in cocoa producing countries?
6. What is your view on the % change (increase/decrease) in sustainable cocoa in the next 5 years? And its impact on cocoa bean supply?+3 Other Responses