we are looking for a highly specialized expert who is passionate about understanding data, well versed in scalable data mining and machine learning techniques, and loves to build models. This role is a multidisciplinary blend of statistics, technology, and business strategy, all applied in tandem to discover key insights that lie hidden in our data sets. The ideal candidate will be able to understand business challenges, map analytical approaches and build models to derive actionable insights.
- meet with executive management to understand major business opportunities and challenges (likely areas include financial performance, customer satisfaction, demographics and local economics).
- frame relevant issues, map out analytical approaches and gather data
design, build, and run complex analytic models that drive insights significant to the business.
- use business intelligence tools to communicate insights to executive management.
- familiarity with relational databases and sql, data transformation (etl), data mining, ad-hoc analysis.
- extensive experience with python, r, stata, sas, spss, matlab or another statistical language.
- deep knowledge of standard techniques (e.G., logistic regression, cluster analysis, random forests, experimental design).
- experience with data visualization tools (e.G., tableau)
- experience working with real data either through a current job or through projects during graduate school.
- ability to learn things quickly and work independently.
- an analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving difficult problems.
an ms or phd in data sciences, business analytics, statistics, applied mathematics, physics, computer science or other field which is highly analytical / quantitative+39 Other Responses
Hello, we have a immediate full time requirement for .Net developers in manhattan, ny. Please reply back with your updated resume along with the following details. Manhattan (new york, ny) permanent financial services about the company leading hedge fund in new york city with over $21 billion aum. Job description manhattan based global hedge fund with over $21 billion aum seeking .Net developer to write custom applications for trading, operations and risk management. Develop custom tools and reporting for trading, risk management and back office/operations of large multi-strategy hedge fund. Candidate will be cooperative, enthusiastic go-getter who likes to make a difference and ready to share extra load for the success of his/her projects/team. Strong we development skills required. Computer science or mathematics degree preferred. Required skills: c, wcf, wpf, entity-framework, asp.Net, mvc, webapi, jquery, html5, mongodb, rabbit mq, team city, tfs, nunit etc. 4-6 years of experience who we are looking for this is a hands-on role working with other senior developers - you must enjoy writing code, but also have a keen interest in the business+5 Other Responses
I am trying to do a project in pattern recognition, the problem statement is: to classify news and articles content automatically extracted from specific websites under predetermined set of categories using support vector machines (svm) algorithms implemented for both the linearly separable training case and nonlinearly separable training case. I will give more details when i find an expert who can help me on that.+19 Other Responses