Embedded Systems Software Development
Android/linux embedded software developer – contract position
development of embedded software control product that will operate on a snapdragon msm8909 processor running an embedded linux operating system with android 5.0. Each controller incorporates (2) radios, zigbee and 4g-lte. The software product will be coded in c, and must execute in real time without interruptions on the embedded platform.
develop software that will automatically create a process from a c function, with libraries and header files, that can be loaded and executed, in real time and in a non-preempted manner, on the snapdragon msm8909 processor running embedded linux and android 5.0 operating system. Note1: the c function software is produced from models developed in the altair/vissim 9.0 environment using the “autocodegen” feature. Note2: modification to the linux os may be required to satisfy the real time need.
develop and test software interfaces for all processor peripherals. This includes digital and analog i/o, buttons, led’s, usb, webserver, zigbee and 4g-lte radio communications. Experience with embedded systems running android is required for this project.
access to all required software development tools and hardware test tools to support this effort.
provide software support for engineering check sample (ecs) testing (planned to occur in the first half of august 2015).
provide written documentation, software (with comments), and training to client.
minimum of 10 years hands on experience in the design, development, and testing of embedded software.
Timing and duration:
this is a fast-tracked contract position expected to begin on 7/15/15 through 9/15/15, approximately, with initial goals on weekly basis. Candidates must be able to commit to this schedule. Location flexible, with 1 round trip travel visit that may be required to philadelphia, pa.+9 Other Responses
Linux Operating System Market
We are looking to speak with multiple participants such as it operations specialists (itops) and developers who have experience with and deep knowledge of a) ubuntu server and/or red hat enterprise linux (rhel), and the ability to discuss the benefits of linux os support contracts, b) linux container strategies/technologies in use in their organizations, and c) linux workload development and/or deployments on the public cloud.
We would like to gain insights into the linux operating system market and how its customers think about paid support from linux providers.
This is a paid 2-hr online focus group discussion. If open to participating, please consider answering the screener question below:
are you responsible for making decisions in your company and using linux as your os?
Please note that we are only interested in your personal point of view and are not seeking confidential information.
Referrals are highly appreciated.
+57 Other Responses
Embedded Software Development
Embedded software engineer
exp in c++
embedded greenhills rtos – definite plus
s/w integrity exp – os
cold fire ----
s/w analysis tools, ldra,
the contractor will be responsible for embedded sw development in all phases of software product development life-cycle requirements, architecture, design, implementation and verification.
• b.S. In computer engineering, computer science or equivalent.
• minimum 5 years of embedded sw design experience in the following areas: industrial controls, aerospace, communications, or medical devices, etc.
• experienced with coldfire, arm and/or powerpc micro-processor in a c/c++ environment
• experienced with communication protocols such as tcp/ip, udp, rs232/rs422, hdlc
• experienced with embedded green hills integrity rtos.
• experienced with formal sw development, using configuration management tool (such as clearquest, etc.), requirements traceability tool (such as doors, etc.), sw analysis tools (such as klocwork, pc-lint), sw unit test tool (such as vectorcast, etc.).
• experienced in writing formal documentation such as system requirements specification, system architecture specifications, software requirements specification, software design specification, etc.
• good verbal and written communication skills.
• self starter, team player, multi-tasking with good time management skills.
Nice to have:
• experienced in design of high reliability, safety, redundant fail-safe products is a strong plus.
• experienced with industry standards (iec 61508, do-178b, cenelec-50128, etc).
The key requirement for this candidate will be someone with embedded sw development experience in a real time environment. The cenelec and do-178b that we were focusing on previously is more of a nice to hav+8 Other Responses
Software Procurement Value Mapping
i am dd, a research analyst with ****. We are premier global provider of customized procurement intelligence services specializing in sourcing, supply chain visibility, financial risk analysis, and green procurement. Some of our customers are the largest in the world, including over 70 of the fortune 500. We enable client decisions worth over us $25 b in procurement spend globally.
I am writing a white paper on cost to value mapping in software procurement industry focus is cpg or pharma or bfsi. This white paper is trying to address the delta between delivered value and perceived value of enterprise software, by redesigning the mix of cost components from a buyer perspective.
I am currently seeking support from key, industry leading subject matter experts/consultants for fee-based (hourly rate) primary interview discussion for the following areas.
1. What are the key cost components of enterprise software procurement? Tco of crm or erp software?
2. How does an enterprise perceive value of software? What are the value components? (quantitative components like cost savings and qualitative components like employee productivity)
3. How can we map cost to value in software procurement? How can an enterprise optimize its spend on various cost components to maximize value derived from it?
As a follow-up to this request, we would be happy to give you a call to take you through the key research questions and clarify any queries that you might have.
We appreciate your interest look forward to your response as soon as possible.
dd+4 Other Responses