we are looking for a highly specialized expert who is passionate about understanding data, well versed in scalable data mining and machine learning techniques, and loves to build models. This role is a multidisciplinary blend of statistics, technology, and business strategy, all applied in tandem to discover key insights that lie hidden in our data sets. The ideal candidate will be able to understand business challenges, map analytical approaches and build models to derive actionable insights.
- meet with executive management to understand major business opportunities and challenges (likely areas include financial performance, customer satisfaction, demographics and local economics).
- frame relevant issues, map out analytical approaches and gather data
design, build, and run complex analytic models that drive insights significant to the business.
- use business intelligence tools to communicate insights to executive management.
- familiarity with relational databases and sql, data transformation (etl), data mining, ad-hoc analysis.
- extensive experience with python, r, stata, sas, spss, matlab or another statistical language.
- deep knowledge of standard techniques (e.G., logistic regression, cluster analysis, random forests, experimental design).
- experience with data visualization tools (e.G., tableau)
- experience working with real data either through a current job or through projects during graduate school.
- ability to learn things quickly and work independently.
- an analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving difficult problems.
an ms or phd in data sciences, business analytics, statistics, applied mathematics, physics, computer science or other field which is highly analytical / quantitative+39 Other Responses
Education -matematics -
job title: math english teacher for china-australia coop courses
1. Ba degree or above, mathematics or related major and who has teaching certificate in australia;
2. Tefl certificate (if no, tesol recommended)
3. Native english speaker
4. Non-criminal record required
5. Health check will be required before in position in china
6. Time to start work: around 15 jan. 2016
1. Teaching students (age from 13 to 18) australian queensland high school level math a & b
2. 20 classes per week with 40 mins per class;
3. Lesson preparation;
4. Teaching by using the audio / video materials;
5. Cooperate with other staff in organizing teaching activities;
6. This is a full-time teaching position, we require our foreign teachers to participate in the school events such as foreign affairs reception, presentation, open class, etc.
1. Basic monthly salary:
10,000-12,000rmb for ba degree with less than 3 years’ relative working experience;
12,000-15,000rmb for ma degree with less than 3 years’ relative working experience and ba degree with more than 3 years’ relative working experience;
15,000-18,000rmb for ma degree or above with more 3 years’ relative working experience and other candidates with richer working experience;
2. International flight allowance of 8,000rmb per year or 8000rmb per year travel allowance if the teacher is already in china
3. 2 months’ summer break (pay 1 month salary) & 1 month winter break (pay half month salary) plus chinese public holidays
4. Foreign work permit and letter of invitation for working visa (z type) application (pls note that you have to refer to requirement of the chinese embassy or consultancy in your country and apply for the working visa by yourself, you have to also tell us the city that you will be applying for the visa). Upon arrival, we will assist for application of foreign expert certificate and residence card for legal work in china
5. Commercial medical insurance
6. Free housing provided
+10 Other Responses
-perform data analysis including next-gen sequencing data analysis, proteomics data analysis
-perform data mining and database generation
-stay abreast of latest scientific and technology advancements in the field
-b.S. Or higher in bioinformatics, computer science or life sciences
-2-10 years of working knowledge of computational biology, including algorithm development
-knowledge of genomics and proteomics software/platforms and sequence databases, highly desirable
-excellent team work and collaboration skills
-demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional environment
-outstanding written and verbal communication skills
-independent, innovative and creative thinker
-detail oriented with strong organizational and time management skills
-must be able to work in a fast paced, changing environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing responsibilities with a high degree of self-motivation.+15 Other Responses
Math Tutoring Project
I wish to rekindle my understanding of calculus i and ii. I wish to engage a qualified math teacher or professor to work with me one on one virtually. I would assume this would entail directing me to an online programmed learning course on the subject which i would complete on my own. I would have phone conversations with my tutor to speed up my learning and to provide remedial algebra help. The calls would combine audio, screen sharing, and whiteboard. I am doing this for fun, not for academic credit. I took both courses 30 years ago and made an a and b respectively. My major was economics. I am 9 hours short of a second degree in math with physics minor, or maybe the other way around.
I will do the homework, keep telephone appointments, a pay weekly even if i have to cancel an appointment. I am alternate my time between the et and pt zones.
Any takers+25 Other Responses